What to bring for a photo shoot

the couple should have AT LEAST a driver and/or a couple of helpers to help with make up etc etc etc ......... get THEM to help out

I suggest bring as much as you can......... thats part of gaining experience..... later when you're wiser, than you can pare down what is non-essential.... advise here is just advise.... your own experience is most important

Thats the parody in life.......... when you dont bring something, you will end up needing it desperately.......... when you bring everything, you find you are carrying along alot of unnecessary stuff

Thanks for the suggestion ed :)

I do find myself bringing too much stuff and not all the things I brought are being used. Actually, I tried to use natural light as much as possible to avoid using artificial light, but sometimes it still doesn't work.

Well, since we are in this topic, maybe I can ask this here as well. I saw couple of pics from others photographers where they shoot models with bright background without any reflector or artificial light, but they still can get well-exposed picture of the models and not overexposing the background. Any idea how to do that? I tried that without any reflector/speedlight, what I get is either underexposed models or overexposed background. Resulting me to use dodge/burn to correct the pictures. Is that the best to do?

Apologize if I ask too much of stupid questions, but hey, this is part of the learning right? :)

TS: If you are bring alot of stuff for your shoot, do remember that you didn't forget to check before you leave the place.

Just to share, I was doing a comcard shoot in Duxton Hill the other day, and I left my flash (580ex2) on one of the table outside the pub and went cross the street for some shot. A kind gentleman from the pub, came rushing across the street and pass me back my flash. :thumbsup:

Wah.. Nice of that guy! ;)

I saw couple of pics from others photographers where they shoot models with bright background without any reflector or artificial light, but they still can get well-exposed picture of the models and not overexposing the background. Any idea how to do that?

you can tell from looking at a pic that just natural light was used ? it could be PP'ed, HDR'ed or more likely a very small finessed splash of fill-in flash/soft-box or bounced natural light used

you can tell from looking at a pic that just natural light was used ? it could be PP'ed, HDR'ed or more likely a very small finessed splash of fill-in flash/soft-box or bounced natural light used

Nope, I can't. I know that from the post in the photographers' blog. They mentioned that no artificial light is used when they do outdoor photo shoot and also, they did post up pictures behind the scene when they are doing photo shoot. Can't see them using any reflector or flash during outdoor photo shoot.

Here is the link to the blog :)
http://www.bobbiandmike.com/blog/