What size of lens should i use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shierly said:
Thanks for all the information sharing. Especially the photos, that is the semi shadow that i talking about.Mm.... regarding the PLUG, i would like to join but due to my working schedule, i may not able to join lor... After reading all the comments and suggestions, at least i have some idea now. Haiz... I was wondering how come the accessaories given in the Panasonic package are so useless:(

By the way, if i want to use CP and close up together, do i still need any adapter in between lenses? Can just stack this 2 lens to the PA? how abt UV lens? still have to put in? What is the sequence of stacking the lens? Uv is most outer lens?Sorry for so much question.

I'm thinking of buying the PA, close up lens and CP filter and last the lens cap. If there is any one who want to let go the above item, pls PM me ur offer. Thank you very much :)

The only real reason for me to think of why you need a Phayee adapter, is cost saving.

Imaging that if you were to play with filters(CP, closeup, etc.), and you check the price differences between 72mm and 62mm, you will notice that it is almost half the price you will get for a 62mm filter compare with 72mm.

As for stacking filters, my advice is try not to do it if possible.

The more filters you stack, the more quality you will lost....despite viegnetting issue...

JimDavis said:
The only real reason for me to think of why you need a Phayee adapter, is cost saving.

Imaging that if you were to play with filters(CP, closeup, etc.), and you check the price differences between 72mm and 62mm, you will notice that it is almost half the price you will get for a 62mm filter compare with 72mm.

As for stacking filters, my advice is try not to do it if possible.

The more filters you stack, the more quality you will lost....despite viegnetting issue...

hmmm...

advice sound familiar... :think:

ooo... this is wat i get when i ask abount this issue..

in term of $$$, i save a bit buying 62mm than 72mm...

upzz for JD...

:thumbsup:

kenshinz said:
Anyone tried with PA Adapter -> UV filter -> 62mm-55mm step-down ring -> WCON07
Will it cause any vignetting? Thanks

yesh.. will have vignetting...

Sianz, so I guess have to zoom in to reduce the vignetting...wondering if still worth it to hunt for the 62mm-55mm step down ring, most places don't seem to have them now.

kenshinz said:
Hmm, from this page: http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/FZ-10/Converters/Adapters/Taiwan-Adapter.html

There's this interesting step down ring that is thinner than the normal ones, and will not cause any vignetting. Any idea where can I find this? Thanks

I dun think you can find in Singapore.

If you are really interested, I can check with Phayee and see if they have it. If they have, I can then include your order together with other orders that we may place next time, so that we can leverage on the overall shipment cost, cheaper that way...

Great!! thanks alot JimDavis :)

kenshinz said:
Hmm, from this page: http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/FZ-10/Converters/Adapters/Taiwan-Adapter.html

There's this interesting step down ring that is thinner than the normal ones, and will not cause any vignetting. Any idea where can I find this? Thanks

jus wondering, if anyone that has this step down ring ??

i might be able to manufacture it out.. :think:

if not, dimension also can...

;p

Be careful about the threadings... heee... might spoilt the phayee tube or wcon if not manufactured properly... very thin the ring...

i have one...

Status
Not open for further replies.