Visit site
Hi guys/gals...

wondering what are your thoughts on this:

(a) currently having the below lens:
- sigma 15mm fisheye
- 16-35mk1
- 24-70L
- 135L

(b) what should be the next set of lens ? More of shooting weddings/events..
- 35L or
- 70-200mm 2.8 IS

thanks!

if there is one new designed 24-70L IS or 200/1.8 IS L lens.....;)

I'd say the 70-200 f/2.8L. That range is not covered well in your collection.

if there is one new designed 24-70L IS or 200/1.8 IS L lens.....;)
Yeah.. the 200/1.8 IS L is sweet. I'd take it as it is even if no new design.

Hi guys/gals...

wondering what are your thoughts on this:

(a) currently having the below lens:
- sigma 15mm fisheye
- 16-35mk1
- 24-70L
- 135L

(b) what should be the next set of lens ? More of shooting weddings/events..
- 35L or
- 70-200mm 2.8 IS

thanks!

I think the lens coverage you have now is sufficient for weddings/events...in fact abit luxurious :bsmilie:
you may have to consider if you have the time to do lens changing during weddings/events when u are at the heat of the action where capturing the moments could be split seconds.
Maybe you may wanna invest on other stuff like strong external flash??
i dunno....just my own personal opinion....haven really tried events photography myself...so can really comment much :cool:

70-200 f2.8 L IS ;)

definitely the 35L man, especially if you one of those who shoots in their faces :bsmilie:

Hummm...what body are you using man? Your lenses would make many a wedding photographer drool.

- 70-200mm 2.8 IS :thumbsup:

actually, come to think of it, i think either the 35L or 85L will do the trick. i know of a wedding photographer who sold his 135L, but is now using the 35L and 85L.

i have a 70-200 IS and a 35L. for weddings, you can't beat the 35L for the wonderful bokeh. I love it to death. I've used the 70-200 IS to stay out of the way but often, places are too cramped to use it.

so, i say go for the 35L!

i have a 70-200 IS and a 35L. for weddings, you can't beat the 35L for the wonderful bokeh. I love it to death. I've used the 70-200 IS to stay out of the way but often, places are too cramped to use it.

so, i say go for the 35L!

what cam are u using?
wondering if yours is a FF or 1.6x like mine...

why not a 300f4L :thumbsup:

why not a 300f4L :thumbsup:

Crap. You are the virus. Wedding, not sniping. Heh.

I support 35L as your next lens. It will come close to resembling the angle of view of a standard lens on your 20D.

Perhaps a 2nd body? Since you don't have the time to to change lenses during weddings/events. Another 30D and 580EX and you still have $$ left over as compared to the 70-200/2.8IS

Crap. You are the virus. Wedding, not sniping. Heh.

I support 35L as your next lens. It will come close to resembling the angle of view of a standard lens on your 20D.

He mentioned events... 300f4L is good for stage :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.