what should be the next lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wat u hv is good enuff for weddings and events.. if you really wan to spend some cash.. u might wan to get a 2nd body like wat someoen mentioend ..or get a 35 f1.4 or a 85 f1.2

yeah... wanted to get a 2nd body but since it is "rumoured" that Canon have another body coming out this yr/early next yr... i will wait to see whats that all about....

meanwhile, i managed to get a 2nd hand 35L frm fredmiranda site...

next would be probably a filter for the 35L and another 4Gb CF card...
hmmm... for a 20D or a 5D, another big difference between Extreme III or Ultra 2?

thanks...

There is no "normal" filter, there is only your budget and taste. B+W and Hoya are a good brands to try :D

yeah... i understand there is no normal filter but depending on usage, which filter would be recommended?
- polarizer
- skylight
so for my 35L to be commonly used for events and travel, i was wondering which filter will be more suitable.

thanks...

Just get a "normal" B+W UV MRC 010 :thumbsup:

Because you are using the 35L on a 20D, it would assume a more 'standard lens' field-of-view. Hence, I doubt you'd be shooting scenery that much with it, so just get a B+W UV if you can ('cause it's the best in the market). I don't think you want to have any filter that gives light loss of any sort when shooting events, so CPLs and NDs are out. Just get a UV for protection and that'll be it.

on a 30D. i am curious to see what a 35L would be like on a FF though i'm likely to go up to 1.3 max. don't quite like how FF are designed at the moment.

what cam are u using?
wondering if yours is a FF or 1.6x like mine...

on a 30D. i am curious to see what a 35L would be like on a FF though i'm likely to go up to 1.3 max. don't quite like how FF are designed at the moment.

I think if you go back far enough, drumma had a shot on FF with the 35L wide open. Think the thread is "who loves FF" or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.