What makes you opt for other brand instead of Canon or Nikon DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Sigma and Tamron..etc manufacturing such lenses for those mounts? :dunno:

mmm...sigma this brand is good, but i dun like the EX coating, to me, ex coating = instant destruction of ur lens.

tamron and tokina are the best, but they dun have such lens lineup.. go up to 300f2.8 max.

and also, dun forget the compatability problem when u use the lens on newer bodies... they might not function and need rechipping = troublesome.

but anyway, go for the original, they are the best! alrite, OT a lot already... go back to the thread..

Range of available lenses was the main consideration. Now so much as to go with the mainstream.

Was a Nikon DSLR user (D70) and frankly I hated it because of the niggling problems with the body. Considered Canon (a few of my family members using it and I actually bought a 400D for a nephew) but the pro-cameras cost too much while the entry level cameras despite having good image quality, felt cheap and plasticky and the ergonomics could be better.

I actually considered the Sony Alpha because of my previous affinity with Minolta cameras but settled on Pentax because frankly it offers the best bang for the money for a DSLR and because it handles well. I wasn't worried on the range of lenses available because in reality, very few people need soooo many lenses.

I wasn't worried on the range of lenses available because in reality, very few people need soooo many lenses.

You are wrong. A lot of ppl NEED soooo many lenses. They are just outta budget. :sticktong

You are wrong. A lot of ppl NEED soooo many lenses. They are just outta budget. :sticktong

I concur. That is especially true for people who only use prime lenses.

if sony, pentax, olympus and etc. make 400 f2.8, 500f4, 600f4, 200-400f4 etc. kind of lens, i wont hesitate to use their system. but the thing is, they dun. so i m stuck with only 2 choice, nikon and canon. as simple as that.
Get updated.

Quite a lot of ppl is not aware about Pentax for tis

A little more detail here... really too bad they decided otherwise, would hav been a great competition.

Hopefully 1 day, they will reconsider. ;)

i believe in singapore is it the government who forces us to only get nikon and canon and no others. see the amount of commercials on nikon and canon they are more. so they already brainwashed pple into thinkin these are the good brands and the rest not. But i find out other cameras are sometimes better than theirs. Like for instant we pay more to buy original cds than in usa or other countries.this is another way *** monopolises singapore thru products.

i believe in singapore is it the government who forces us to only get nikon and canon and no others. see the amount of commercials on nikon and canon they are more. so they already brainwashed pple into thinkin these are the good brands and the rest not. But i find out other cameras are sometimes better than theirs. Like for instant we pay more to buy original cds than in usa or other countries.this is another way *** monopolises singapore thru products.

this is absurd. :bigeyes: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

:nono:

What has the Singapore govt got to do with this ? :bigeyes:
The Nikon vs Canon rivalry is a worldwide thing.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: the government has got nothing to do with Canon/Nikon. Canon/Nikon fork out big $$$ to do heavy marketing and the big $$$ is from the consumer. Wah kaoz...........

What has the govt got to do with this?
And your illustration of cds dun make sense too.

I am using Pentax DL because:

1. At that point of time cheapest.
2. I like the compact look.
3. Just refuse to support Canon and Nikon.
4. Use 4 AA batteries, good for people like me who shoot digital very very little.

I really love this thread I started and the replies that are coming in:) .I am really understanding more already.
Looks like Pentax is gaining ground..... And not a bad thing at all thought myself being a Canon user. The more competitive the market, the better its for the consumer . Having more user of other brands apart from Nikon and Canon also make thing in photography more interesting.
Hey keep those replies coming:thumbsup:

my first cam was a sony, my pns now is a sony. why?

lifestyle product. looks good on the outside, many features, takes ok pics.

Quite a lot of ppl is not aware about Pentax for tis

A little more detail here... really too bad they decided otherwise, would hav been a great competition.

Hopefully 1 day, they will reconsider. ;)

This article is in 2001 leh... :dunno: after that they had *ist D, *ist DS, *ist DL, K100D, K10D isn't it? :bsmilie:

Considered Canon (a few of my family members using it and I actually bought a 400D for a nephew) but the pro-cameras cost too much while the entry level cameras despite having good image quality, felt cheap and plasticky and the ergonomics could be better.

You could have looked at other brand's line up mah...

My first dSLR was the Pentax *ist DS. Later i thought Pentax quite stagnant & i moved on to Olympus... the K10D came later than if knew, i would have stayed with Pentax... I'll be staying put with Olympus... now quite happy with the system as a whole... I dunno why from day 1 i've not considered Canon or Nikon.

I've been a Nikonian since taking the plunge in 2005 and there are many screams in my ear that my system is no good...go for C, go for P go for S ... its endless!!!

So go for the system that works for you...forget about those buuzzing flies around you :bsmilie:

You drive a taxi right?:bsmilie: :bsmilie: Just teasing....

Status
Not open for further replies.