What it takes to ask the OP to unlock a thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
student said:
I really do not understand.

Your words are too sophisticated and too highly unintelligible to lesser folks like me. So much so that I cannot for the life of me, understand your what you were trying to say.

You know, coming from such an advanced nation like Australia with great superior white minds and use of the English language surely gives you an edge in the usage of English over Chinkis like me. I acknowledge that.

While you are at it, and since you are so kind to rephrase it in simpler (and I hope simple terms), please make it also very clear in exact nonambiguous terms in what manner wisp did not practice what he preached.

And if I may please beg you to indulge and educate me, how did you, by using such terms and comments in the manner you did in post #28 (which referred to wisp's post #27) indicate that wisp did not practice what he preached?

First off, I am a Chinese and I think racist terms are extremely uncalled for. Please think rationally before you post.

As to my comment on people not practising what they preach.. Wisp mentioned "Proof read" in thread 25 and apparently he didn't do so in thread 27. Look at it this way.. Imagine Hitler telling the entire world that racism is bad and while doing so, is ordering ethnic cleansing to be carried out.

I have nothing against you and neither am I in anyway against Wisp. I was just pointing out something that I see and what I feel. If you can't stomach frank opinions, too bad.. We live in a world of free speech.

World peace. :)

GDSNP said:
First off, I am a Chinese and I think racist terms are extremely uncalled for. Please think rationally before you post.

As to my comment on people not practising what they preach.. Wisp mentioned "Proof read" in thread 25 and apparently he didn't do so in thread 27. Look at it this way.. Imagine Hitler telling the entire world that racism is bad and while doing so, is ordering ethnic cleansing to be carried out.

I have nothing against you and neither am I in anyway against Wisp. I was just pointing out something that I see and what I feel. If you can't stomach frank opinions, too bad.. We live in a world of free speech.

And I presume you mean post # 25 and post # 27, not thread 25 and thread 27.:)

GDSNP said:

Matey, I take it you won't be giving out the invite to your barbie? :bsmilie:

GDSNP said:
As to my comment on people not practising what they preach..

... it is a way of life in Singapore, at all levels of society.

We are the world, we are the people ...........:bsmilie:

roygoh said:
And I presume you mean post # 25 and post # 27, not thread 25 and thread 27.:)

*chuckle*

Even when one do their own proof reading mistakes crop up. Proof reading just reduces mistakes..not eliminate it =).

My bad. But have I told anyone to proof read?? I seriously doubt so.

Sion, lemme get you a VB instead.. :bsmilie:

GDSNP said:
My bad. But have I told anyone to proof read?? I seriously doubt so.

Sion, lemme get you a VB instead.. :bsmilie:

Well, comparing me to hitler is pretty antagonistic and playing know it all and belittling your fellow's forumer's mental capacity =/....

If that doesn't show you don't have anything against us, I don't know what is.

You ain't exactly famous for the right reasons yet you know.

Hey mods, maybe we oughta have a revision on this 'freedom of speech' thing. If ppl are going to use this as a pretext to put other people down. Bad on the newbies.

Oh, we don't happen to live in the world of free speech by the way. Maybe in some countries yeah..but the world of free speech is mainly idealistic.

Try saying all those statements to a govt official in china. I'm sure we would all get away with it =).

We could approach it, but to adopt it wholesale would be foolhardy.

Wisp said:
Well, comparing me to hitler is pretty antagonistic and playing know it all and belittling your fellow's forumer's mental capacity =/....

If that doesn't show you don't have anything against us, I don't know what is.

You ain't exactly famous for the right reasons yet you know.

Hey mods, maybe we oughta have a revision on this 'freedom of speech' thing of ppl are going to use this as a pretext to put other people down. Bad on the newbies.

Do you know what an analogy is? I used Hitler because I realised that I have to use extreme examples so that people get my point and understand what I am trying to say.

A forum is where diverse viewpoints exist. Some you may agree, some you may not. But you have to live with it and respect people's opinions and their rights to voice them. If there's anyone with an inflated ego who can't stand differing viewpoints, may I suggest that they move to Burma and join the military junta there. They need like-minded people.

Happy weekend. :)

GDSNP said:
Do you know what an analogy is? I used Hitler because I realised that I have to use extreme examples so that people get my point and understand what I am trying to say.

A forum is where diverse viewpoints exist. Some you may agree, some you may not. But you have to live with it and respect people's opinions and their rights to voice them. If there's anyone with an inflated ego who can't stand differing viewpoints, may I suggest that they move to Burma and join the military junta there. They need like-minded people.

Happy weekend. :)

An analogy is still a form of comparison. So your point is?

I don't mind your viewpoints, but I do mind how you put them forward to belittle other people.

Wisp said:
An analogy is still a form of comparison. So your point is?

I don't mind your viewpoints, but I do mind how you put them forward to belittle other people.

I don't know if you remember that MM Lee Kuan Yew once likened Japan to an alcoholic.
Is he saying that Japanese are all alcoholics? Is he belittling Japan?

So by using Hitler as an example, am I belittling you?

By the way, when I said "world of free speech", please don't take it literally. It's a metaphor, a figure of speech. Understand? Sigh...

GDSNP said:
I don't know if you remember that MM Lee Kuan Yew once likened Japan to an alcoholic.

So by using Hitler as an example, am I belittling you?

By the way, when I said "world of free speech", please don't take it literally. It's a metaphor, a figure of speech. Understand? Sigh...

Actually MM Lee is belittling japan. And you are not MM Lee.

Oh if it's just a metaphor or a 'figure of speech',an intangible form of proof, why would you use that as a sole basis to say anything you want?

GDSNP said:

Hehe .... don't think MM LKY has ever called Japan alcoholic ..... it should be workaholic - a compulsive worker, which in that sense is a praise .... :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.