What do you think of people who says.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually looking for a DSLR narrowed down to 600d canon and Sony a65. Have a thread at newbie section seeking for a fine tuned advice after doing some research. I agree that's why I really stop asking friend's for their opinion (except for 1 or 2 friends) and ask here instead :)

You can ask friends..no problem. But just listen. No harm. Just dont get brainwash. The final decision is in your hand and only you can decide for yourself. Many times..If you ask someone..eg he/she uses that particular brand..they will recommend you to use the same brand. However only on CS..people recommend you to look at all the brand in the market. So yea..just do your research and get the best 1 you like/most comfortable in. Because there is no right or wrong..all are good if you know how to use.

For serious photography eh? But it's usually the Canikons users i see that are doing the things you wouldn't expect from a serious or professional photographer...

Things like infinity bounced flash, toilet self portraits, etc... The list is so long :bsmilie:

kei1309 said:
For serious photography eh? But it's usually the Canikons users i see that are doing the things you wouldn't expect from a serious or professional photographer...

Things like infinity bounced flash, toilet self portraits, etc... The list is so long :bsmilie:

I take offense to that. Toilet self portrait is a personal specialty of mine, it's a great art form :bsmilie:

I am only curious how you define serious photography?

I have given up on this C and N thingy. Have seems friends who sell their camera for the C and N camera because of branding issue. When asking them about why they switch, they told me that C and N are easier to sell in second hand area. When I look at it from a branding point of view, it is correct. But I am wondering if they are buying those camera to take photos or to sell away later on?

These electronic neckless are like watches and shirts where the nicer and more branded the neckless, the better your self-esteem is. What can I do for them?

Last edited:
if this thread decends into a flame war..... the first person to get an infraction will be the TS....

thanks

I am only curious how you define serious photography?

I have given up on this C and N thingy. Have seems friends who sell their camera for the C and N camera because of branding issue. When asking them about why they switch, they told me that C and N are easier to sell in second hand area. When I look at it from a branding point of view, it is correct. But I am wondering if they are buying those camera to take photos or to sell away later on?

These electronic neckless are like watches and shirts where the nicer and more branded the neckless, the better your self-esteem is. What can I do for them?

About selling it away.. i guess they meant its easier to load off when they need/want to upgrade..

But well..even with any other brands..i see not much of a problem too..there are still lots of people using and are interested in buying 2nd hand.

Agreed, I think we should close this thread. As a m4/3 user I've gone for weekend photoshoots and I've also heard that comment or similar ones like "but m4/3 is not a proper camer lah". There's a lot of angst and holier-than-thou attitudes out there and this thread could easily descend into a flame war.

Personally I've learned to ignore such comments. Its the photographer and his skill that produces a good photograph, whichever camera system he uses its still just the tool. Its the photographer who is the artisan.

if this thread decends into a flame war..... the first person to get an infraction will be the TS....

thanks

I don't intent to start a flame war, I'm saying just out of a lil frustration of hearing the same stereotype words outside of CS. And it's suppose to be kopitiam style of talk in the kopitiam section. Like what I said people in CS in general don't say things like that. Just trying to relate my personal experience outside on the streets etc.

Any misunderstandings is regretted. I apologize for that.

Agreed, I think we should close this thread. As a m4/3 user I've gone for weekend photoshoots and I've also heard that comment or similar ones like "but m4/3 is not a proper camer lah". There's a lot of angst and holier-than-thou attitudes out there and this thread could easily descend into a flame war.

Personally I've learned to ignore such comments. Its the photographer and his skill that produces a good photograph, whichever camera system he uses its still just the tool. Its the photographer who is the artisan.

Being a previous happy owner of nex5n I feel you. Seriously no joke.

Halfgeek said:
I don't intent to start a flame war, I'm saying just out of a lil frustration of hearing the same stereotype words outside of CS. And it's suppose to be kopitiam style of talk in the kopitiam section. Like what I said people in CS in general don't say things like that. Just trying to relate my personal experience outside on the streets etc.

Looks like a healthy discussion so far. I guess you got your answer already. Maybe it's time for you to close the thread? Who knows what kind of people will reply on here later. As what bro Ed mentioned, you take the blame if anything bad happens. :)

Last edited:

No worries,

a photographer will rely more on his skills then the brand of camera,
if ever hear such comments again, just smile and let those people make a fool of themself.

Status
Not open for further replies.