what AA battery to use for flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use camelion. I have 24pcs, bought last year. Till now still holds good charge! I feel they are the same lah batteries . :)

3547251957_4fc259e794_m.jpg

I got it from Proshop very convenient ;) (and cheap)

Last edited:
Maha and PowerEx 2700 mAh. You won't regret it.

I only found the charger+8 AA powerex for $105. Do they come in a set of 4 instead?:confused:

I only found the charger+8 AA powerex for $105. Do they come in a set of 4 instead?:confused:

Should have... the CF-401 is meant for 4 batteries. But I personally upgraded from the CF-401 to the C-801D for the added functions and capabilities...

Personally I do not recommend buying Sony rechargeable 2700 batteries as it can only hold it's charge for 2-3 days. That's my experiences with Sony batteries

Personally I do not recommend buying Sony rechargeable 2700 batteries as it can only hold it's charge for 2-3 days. That's my experiences with Sony batteries

The regular GPs are the same. I used to own them and after a full charge and leaving it unused for abt 2 weeks, totally flat.

Hmmm...So far seem like only eneloop (2000mAh) and imedion (2100mAh) have the slowest self-discharge time.

Use camelion. I have 24pcs, bought last year. Till now still holds good charge! I feel they are the same lah batteries . :)

3547251957_4fc259e794_m.jpg

I got it from Proshop very convenient ;) (and cheap)

only 2100? Anything higher?

I switched to Powerex and Sanyo 2700, and boy! these batteries are great. They can hold their charge for quite a long time. :)

Used a pair of these in my 580EXII during a wedding, and it got really hot and died after a while. On "postmortem" inspection, two of the four showed signs of melting. At that price, I might as well get rechargeables.

i'm using GP ULTRA Alkaline Battery 15AU LR6 1.5V
for my 580EXII
i bring 2-3 packs out for shoots
stamina is pretty acceptable
most of all - ITS ONLY $2/- for a pack of 4

good buy, best buy, must buy

i'm using GP ULTRA Alkaline Battery 15AU LR6 1.5V
for my 580EXII
i bring 2-3 packs out for shoots
stamina is pretty acceptable
most of all - ITS ONLY $2/- for a pack of 4

good buy, best buy, must buy

This is not economical in the long run and it's harmful to the environment. How many batteries will you use in a year?:dunno:

This is not economical in the long run and it's harmful to the environment. How many batteries will you use in a year?:dunno:

:bsmilie: That reminds me when i first started using alkalines and the cost of replacement quite frequently with short battery life made me switch to rechargeables and they're the direct opposite of alkalines.

i am using Imedions and they are great! even though they are just 2100.
heard Powerex 2700 doesn't hold the charge that well though.

Prefer to use Imedions or Eneloop too, hold charge longer than 2700mAH batteries. They're always ready when I need to use.

Happen to pass by courts last nite...went in to see...found the eneloop and settle for it.

The 'best' type of battery depends on your pattern of usage

If you use your flash very infrequently and only a few shots at a time, then use alkaline (non-rechargeable) batteries. Not really good for the environment but in terms of cost , it would be the lowest.

If you use your flash infrequently but shoot a lot during those times - consider the Eneloops/Imedions/Recyko type of batteries. These keep their charge for a long time. Note their capacities are lower than the 2500+ mAh type so you get less shots per charge from those but at least you know that the batteries you charged a month ago is still holding their charge.

If you use flash frequently and shoot a lot during those occasions - use the high cap rechargeable. Remember to charge the babies up before each usage.

If you need really fast recycling time - get a flash unit which have an external battery pack.

Each user will have different needs and priorities. That's why there are so many opinions. Almost all of them are right. You've just got to pick the one that is similar to your needs.

Cheers...

if you shoot with flash very often, like more than once a week, and want recycle time fast and fury, get NiMh batteries with high mAh like 2700. it is more economy to use rechargeable batteries for this type of usage.

if you shoot forthrightly or less, get NiMh batteries with good in retain charge, like Imedions or Eneloop. it is also economy to use rechagerable batteries for this type of usage.

if you shoot once in the blue moon, get lithium batteries, cheaper and good performance.

if you only shoot less than once a year, just get Alkaline batteries as and when you needed.

lastly, if you spent so much money on getting good rechargeable batteries, it only make sense that you spend double the amount to get a good charger, remember, even good rechargeable batteries also need to replace very often, good charger can last you for many years.

对不起
我知道错了

i think i really threw a lot of batteries
T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.