Wee Kim Wee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minimalis said:
Yup. In SG we follow the British system so it's Last Post. Taps are for the Americans.

really great honour for u. give him the best. Dr Wee deserved it. :thumbsup:

i'm abit confused here, the news mentioned that the late Former President's body will be placed at Istana till thursday evening and the funeral is on friday, but CNA website only mentioned yesterday and today as the days for public to pay the last respect to Dr. Wee, does that mean that the Istana will not be opened tomorrow?

i tihnk the last day is for vip or something. roughly heard.

Minimalis said:
C. C does all these important parades. Regular yup.

Oh.... When did u join C? Maybe we know each other :think:

nightwolf75 said:
really great honour for u. give him the best. Dr Wee deserved it. :thumbsup:

It's starting to get real scary when they had the media in for rehearsal tonite. The biggest challenge is trying to contain my emotions when playing.

evq said:
Oh.... When did u join C? Maybe we know each other :think:

5 years ago. Maybe we do.. you're not zuyi are you?

Minimalis said:
It's starting to get real scary when they had the media in for rehearsal tonite. The biggest challenge is trying to contain my emotions when playing.

:thumbsup: give it your all, its really a great honour.

didn managed to go see him for the last time.. :( today is meant for foreign dignities and etc only..

~Arcanic~ said:
didn managed to go see him for the last time.. :( today is meant for foreign dignities and etc only..

at first didn't know today was for foreign dignitaries as well, so went down yesterday instead. the setting was very dignified, very fitting for Dr. Wee :thumbsup:

only thing i wasn't very pleased was with the school kids' behaviour while they were in the queue :( oh well ...

i think you can still put flowers outside the Istana, saw a couple of bouquets outside.

THE WORDS TO THE LAST POST

Come home! Come home!
The last post is sounding for you to hear.
All good soldiers know very well there is nothing to fear while they do what is right,
and forget all the worries they have met in their duties through the year.
A soldier cannot always be great,
but he can be a gentleman and he can be a right good pal to his comrades in his squad.
So all you soldiers listen to this – Deal fair by all and you’ll never be amiss.

Be Brave! Be Just! Be Honest and True Men!

now it almost feel like heaven's crying for Dr. Wee's passing ... :cry:

same sentiments...
feels like the recent rain this few days like heaven is crying for e lost of a respected man... :(

I have read his book. Personally, I have not met him in person but his words touched me and he had became my respected president ever since his book was launched. It taught us how to stay rooted on the ground while we were on the quest of climbing the corporate ladder and putting lots of vitamin M in or pockets. Do read the book, be it borrow from the library or purchase it from stores. Its well worth the time to get to know him and learn. Gonna miss you, Mr president :cry:

~Arcanic~ said:
same sentiments...
feels like the recent rain this few days like heaven is crying for e lost of a respected man... :(

Everyone's rehearsing hard for the event on friday. Another rehearsal tonight (we've had rehearsals the past 2 nights as well), but it seems that the heavens are shedding a tear or two today.

eikin said:
rain again :( hope it won't affect the funeral procession later

the heavens are crying...

just heard over the news. mediacorp is observing a 1min silence over the airwaves at the end of the memorial service bet 5.45-6pm.

put it in another light..
rain might make the event even more solemn... :cry:

The ceremony will still carry on in the rain.

photobum said:
The news about MRT fare (and also SBS/TIBS) price hike yesterday sucks. The subway fare in Singapore is already one of the highest in the world (besides Japan and NYC).
Who are you comparing? In all the developed countries, including major cities in Europe, subway or metro, whatever you called it, are expensive. Singapore may not have the cheapest subway fares, but it's among the cheaper.

Anyway, I don't feel abit of sadness on the demise of this man. I guess I personally has no dealing with him. Anyway, what's a "president" suppose to do huh? (I don't meant this as a joke, or whatever, but I seriously don't know what a "president"'s work nature is? And I personally don't have the chance to meet WKW, thus my infeeling. Anyway, human has to go someday. So, sigh..)

Status
Not open for further replies.