wedding setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adjusting flash compensation will help to make it look more natural.

you can also try using ttl-bl
that is provided TS exposed the ambient light correctly in the first place.

ambient light= main light, flash =fill light is supplementary light, it will be one stop weaker than main,
if main is underexposed, fill is also underexposed. overall UNDEREXPOSED.

Last edited:
that is provided TS exposed the ambient light correctly in the first place.

ambient light= main light, flash =fill light is supplementary light, it will be one stop weaker than main,
if main is underexposed, fill is also underexposed. overall UNDEREXPOSED.

TS say he like to shoot without flash
so he shoot as normal and add the flash to fill

pardon my limited knowledge of flash photography, but can i use it like this: i meter normally from the ambient light, then with that exposure settings, bounce the flash off the ceiling or wall to illuminate the whole scene evenly and naturally? will this cause overexposure?

any comments on using a diffuser? what's its primary function, pros and cons?
any difference to how you use the flash if you have the diffuser on or not?

from what i've read, it limits your flash distance, but gives you a more ambient/natural light, so can you point the flash directly at the subject and still achieve even lighting?

much thanks

pardon my limited knowledge of flash photography, but can i use it like this: i meter normally from the ambient light, then with that exposure settings, bounce the flash off the ceiling or wall to illuminate the whole scene evenly and naturally? will this cause overexposure?

any comments on using a diffuser? what's its primary function, pros and cons?
any difference to how you use the flash if you have the diffuser on or not?

from what i've read, it limits your flash distance, but gives you a more ambient/natural light, so can you point the flash directly at the subject and still achieve even lighting?

much thanks
once you bring a camera to a wedding, everyone will have expectation on you, irregardless whether you are a newbie or professional.

so may I suggest you stick to what has already worked for you, do the same thing in this wedding.

leave testing, experiments to other occasions. I'm sure you also don't want somebody to take you and your wife as geuine pig on your wedding day isn't it?

Oh my, you would want to consider saving the cash you set aside for the 2nd body . Use that for a good bright lens.
You are close to the family members, thats an advantage and that means = One body+50mm F1.8. (Upclose n personal shots) You will be happy(no running ard with extra weights) haha

Be happy.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.