We love our manual focus Nikkor lenses!

I am inspired by many who shared and poisoned me w manual lens. Here's one returning to you guys... :bsmilie:

Nikon D800 with 50 mm 1.2 at F 2.8, 1/40 sec

8301575447_d8b2139b02.jpg
[/url] <16th December 2012, Kalaw, Myanmar, Project Smile> by 1000words.com.sg, on Flickr[/IMG]

Wonder if anyone here owned the 58mm f/1.2 NOCT? ;p

I am an idiot, I have been using my D800E with Zeiss ZF.2 lenses and I absolutely love them. All this time I thought the focus confirmation (arrows and green dot) only works with the Zeiss manual focus lenses because of the electronic contacts.

Recently, I bought a Nikon 58mm f/1.2 and the newer 50mm f/1.2 and I found out that focus confirmation still works. Woohoo!

zixaw said:
I am an idiot, I have been using my D800E with Zeiss ZF.2 lenses and I absolutely love them. All this time I thought the focus confirmation (arrows and green dot) only works with the Zeiss manual focus lenses because of the electronic contacts.

Recently, I bought a Nikon 58mm f/1.2 and the newer 50mm f/1.2 and I found out that focus confirmation still works. Woohoo!

The Noct-Nikkor? Gratz!

better late than never ;)

congrats on your purchases!

Can share some pic taken with the d800e n noct combo? =)

anybody can recommend a cheap macro lens that would have good tones for b/w conversion?

I would still suggest that you pick the focal length that suits your purpose, i.e. working distance to subject - the universal rule to choosing macro lenses heh
What do you intend to shoot and what would be your source of light; natural, flash?

I would still suggest that you pick the focal length that suits your purpose, i.e. working distance to subject - the universal rule to choosing macro lenses heh
What do you intend to shoot and what would be your source of light; natural, flash?

thanks ben for the input too!

eh abstracts and stills with natural lighting... just to bring out texture and details kind of abstract.

btw what is a "single coated look"?

Ah then I'd second Ben's advice; the 55mm would make a good lens to begin your macro journey

Here's good read on single vs multi coated lenses:
coated versus uncoated lenses

First post here, been using manual lenses for a long while, only recently dove into the Nikkor AIS line.

All taken wide open with a Nikkor 200mm f/2.0 ED IF AIS on a 5D2 with a super matte focus screen, no focus confirmation needed.

Wow, love the 200mm f2 lens shots!

Legendary price tag..... really any sharper than an 85 1.4G ?? Doubt it...... oh but sorry its metal so it must be better... hahahaha.... well stronger ;)

I never bought into all the "legendary" or "dream" lens talk. I suspect alot of these so called tags and labels are created by second hand dealers to jack up the prices. Different lenses are made for different uses if it suits you great, if not, there are others to choose from.

Having said that, the Noct-Nikkor is a good lens. Contrast and sharpness is as good as it gets wide open at f/1.2. No need to step down and great for shooting wide open. It is also made for night photography and for photographing light so that it actually looks like light and not a blob.

I will post some pics once I have a chance to go out shooting. Sad to say right now it is just looking pretty mounted on my D800E.

Love the second one cichlid! It's like the elderly gentleman is readjusting his glasses to see the blurry background better hehe