We love our manual focus Nikkor lenses!

D700 + 50mm AIS lens @ f1.2

Drinking buddies
8116006428_28ba04081e_b.jpg

Hi guys, new here.

Just got an entire set of photography stuff from my granduncle.

Included is the Noct-Nikkor 58mm f/1.2, 28mm f1.8( i think, can't remember off hand ) and a few other lenses. Using it with the F3HP! Shall post some pictures up here once I figure out how to use the stuff properly!

Hi guys, new here.

Just got an entire set of photography stuff from my granduncle.

Included is the Noct-Nikkor 58mm f/1.2, 28mm f1.8( i think, can't remember off hand ) and a few other lenses. Using it with the F3HP! Shall post some pictures up here once I figure out how to use the stuff properly!

Wow, show some shots with the Noct!

bombomlee said:
Haha, I don't know how to use an SLR... just learning to crawl with it.

If you guys have an outing or some kopi session, I would love to join you guys! ( Sorry.. OT a bit. )

But once you when to DSLR should be more simple.
Mount the lens & follow by turning to 'M' mode, and dial the correct shutter + aperture only.
Don't forget adjust the right F1.2 on aperture ring.

Simple shoot got simple nice!

Oops after shot may need eject the memory card and save into your PC/Laptop & follow by upload the sample to be show us here.

Cheers :)

Last edited:
But once you when to DSLR should be more simple.
Mount the lens & follow by turning to 'M' mode, and dial the correct shutter + aperture only.
Don't forget adjust the right F1.2 on aperture ring.

Simple shoot got simple nice!

Oops after shot may need eject the memory card and save into your PC/Laptop & follow by upload the sample to be show us here.

Cheers :)

The only "better" camera experience I have is using a Olympus ep1 for awhile, on the auto setting ( sometimes veering off the try the other shutter + aperture settings ).

After using the SLR for awhile, holy crap there's so many buttons that I don't understand besides the aperture ring of the photographic lens and the dial for adjusting shutter speeds.. haha.

I'm gonna develop the film in JB since its so cheap there... been taking a few shots of the moon with a 2x teleconverter + nikkor 500mm f8 lens and my dog. Haha!

Shall upload them next weekend when I get a chance to go develop the negatives!

bombomlee said:
The only "better" camera experience I have is using a Olympus ep1 for awhile, on the auto setting ( sometimes veering off the try the other shutter + aperture settings ).

After using the SLR for awhile, holy crap there's so many buttons that I don't understand besides the aperture ring of the photographic lens and the dial for adjusting shutter speeds.. haha.

I'm gonna develop the film in JB since its so cheap there... been taking a few shots of the moon with a 2x teleconverter + nikkor 500mm f8 lens and my dog. Haha!

Shall upload them next weekend when I get a chance to go develop the negatives!

Wow cool :) thxs

85mm PC. 1st version non PCE

8138323169_99426db8d6_b.jpg

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, love what you captured with the 85 too
Focused then ran to scare them away didya?

>>

One from this afternoon, an ill-advised first attempt at boiling water chestnut juice at home. Boy is it hard work!
Scrubbing off all the mud away with a stiff-bristled brush, was struck by the amazing redness underneath. Yes sua ku heh heh
Brought it to the kitchen window and grabbed the camera

45PCE with natural light

seasons (CKC_8550) by Zichar, on Flickr

Zichar said:
Thanks Ryan, love what you captured with the 85 too
Focused then ran to scare them away didya?

>>

Actually a few boys were throwing small food bits from the left, hence many of them were fluttering about. Quite a number of misses focusing them..

When will the rain stop?
8155525667_3abb8f50b7_b.jpg

Last edited:
is it true that AiS lens unable to use exposure compensation and metering too?

is it true that AiS lens unable to use exposure compensation and metering too?

not true. you can meter ais lenses on cameras such as the d7000, d200/300/600/700/800, d2/3/4 line of cameras

not true. you can meter ais lenses on cameras such as the d7000, d200/300/600/700/800, d2/3/4 line of cameras

I tried using my friends 135mm.
It does measure BUT not accurate. I even tried using exposure compensation ( +/- ) still the same ... hummm

what camera was it on, and did you input the non-CPU lens data? spot or matrix metering?

nikon D300s. Spot metering. Input non-CPU lens data ?

Last edited:
That would be Setup menu (wrench icon), scroll to Non-CPU Lens Data
Input focal length and maximum aperture
That'll tell the camera what lens is on (if you've got more than one then select accordingly) and how to manage metering, even matrix works

That would be Setup menu (wrench icon), scroll to Non-CPU Lens Data
Input focal length and maximum aperture. That'll tell the camera what lens is on

Thanks Zichar for them tips
will setup and play with lens tomorrow