Watch Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valjean

Jul 25, 2006
Far East
www.flickr.com
Got a light tent today and tried my hand at product photography. Here's a Seiko Samurai, lit using flourescent room lights and 1 off-camera SB600 flashlight. C&C, please.

3979884706_70b6bd84c8_o.jpg

Other watch photos in my Flickr.

Last edited:
COOL!

Love the photo! Lighting is very good and the photo is tack sharp!

Only thing that I can see which might improve the photo is the angle of the watch. If it was angled a little more towards the front, it would have been (in my opinion) a perfect photo. Nonetheless, a quality shot worthy of a Watch Magazine ! Congratulations.

Thanks for viewing!

Love the photo! Lighting is very good and the photo is tack sharp!

Only thing that I can see which might improve the photo is the angle of the watch. If it was angled a little more towards the front, it would have been (in my opinion) a perfect photo. Nonetheless, a quality shot worthy of a Watch Magazine ! Congratulations.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I need to get/make a watch holder of sort to pose it. For this shot, I had to pose the watch on the flat surface of the light tent and get the best possible angle out of it.

Thanks for viewing!
Thanks for the encouraging words. I need to get/make a watch holder of sort to pose it. For this shot, I had to pose the watch on the flat surface of the light tent and get the best possible angle out of it.

I have tried watch photography for fun before but yours is far better :thumbsup:

As for the watch holder or stand, sometime when you buy it comes with those translucent plastic holder or for display, perhaps you could use that?

Just my 2 cts.

I have tried watch photography for fun before but yours is far better :thumbsup:

As for the watch holder or stand, sometime when you buy it comes with those translucent plastic holder or for display, perhaps you could use that?

Just my 2 cts.

Thanks, princej. None of my watches come with that plastic band thing. Probably need a stand too, otherwise the plastic band will just serve to keep the bracelet/strap in shape. Will have to hunt around for it...

beautiful always love product photography

Thanks for viewing!

nice clean background. makes the object stand out. and the lighting is just enough. :thumbsup:

nice clean background. makes the object stand out. and the lighting is just enough. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments. I actually underexposed the shot by about 1 stop and had to rescue it in post-processing. Still picking up the ropes in lighting and using my SB600.

love the use of low-key lighting to emph the black watchface :)

Here's another watch. The pose is a little awkward without some props to pose it, but anyway here we go:

3979884408_7529f14858_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.