Wat would u use for a point & shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
using the Olympus Mju II 35/2.8. very good optics and 2.8 aperature. Pictures taken were brilliant for such a small camera.

IMG_0056.jpg

XXX Boy said:
Compact cameras are so small and compact and I can bring it along with me all the time. FYI, I am using a Contax T3 and I can tell you the optics of it is very very good. I don't bother to buy any digital cameras as it belongs to the 'throw away culture'. I would prefer to use something that is lasting and would follow me for my life. Pls don't flame me, I am just speaking my mind. :sweat:
Digital cameras of todays are no match to film-cameras in term of image quality.

Many sweeping statements.... facts or opinions??

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/like-it-is.shtml

http://www.seittipaja.fi/data/Ponti.../e_Film_versus_digital/a_Film_vs_digital.html

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1029&message=9389240

http://www.clarkvision.com/imagedetail/film.vs.digital.1.html

http://www.wlcastleman.com/equip/reviews/index.htm

Not so much "throwaway culture", more like "speak my mind even though I ain't got a clue culture".

film: oly mju II
digital: coolpix 3700 (cos this is wat i hav). sleek m compact with reasonable video capabilities

How about a Leica Minilux PnS 40mm f/2.4? Built like a tank and fine optics :) Wish I had that again... :cry:

rainman said:
care to post some sample shots of the contax T3 since it is highly recommended.

64324.jpg

64325.jpg

These are the pictures that I took using Contax T3. I had blown up the pictures to 8 X 12 without any quality loss at all, really impressive! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Image quality is important to me or I won't spend so much on a P&S and a rangefinder system.
I did not want to start a film/digital debate over here. So anyone who wanted to start this, start another thread. :devil:

To quote your first post

XXX Boy said:
I don't bother to buy any digital cameras as it belongs to the 'throw away culture'. Digital cameras of todays are no match to film-cameras in term of image quality.

Just insulted every digital user on this forum as a frivolous wastrel with no interest in serious photography or image quality. Maybe you can explain why Leica has gone digital as well?

XXX Boy said:
I had blown up the pictures to 8 X 12 without any quality loss at all, really impressive! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Image quality is important to me or I won't spend so much on a P&S and a rangefinder system.

Same with my 300D and 70-200L. Image quality is important to me or I wouldn't have spent so much on a digital system and lenses.

XXX Boy said:
I did not want to start a film/digital debate over here.

Sure you did

XXX Boy said:
Pls don't flame me, I am just speaking my mind.

Just asking for it, so I obliged.

As for the pics, not sure what you are trying to show except low res scans with little detail and lots of grain. I'm sure the T3 is a great camera so please do it some justice and post a link to full sized pics or 100% crops of good high res scans, I will be very interested in viewing.

try digital p&s...

recommend sony T1...best looking digital cam :)

misnomer said:
To quote your first post

Just insulted every digital user on this forum as a frivolous wastrel with no interest in serious photography or image quality. Maybe you can explain why Leica has gone digital as well?

Same with my 300D and 70-200L. Image quality is important to me or I wouldn't have spent so much on a digital system and lenses.

Sure you did

As for the pics, not sure what you are trying to show except low res scans with little detail and lots of grain. I'm sure the T3 is a great camera so please do it some justice and post a link to full sized pics or 100% crops of good high res scans, I will be very interested in viewing.

He already aked people not to flame him and you went ahead. What's with you anyway?

XXX, nice pictures.

Minoxman said:
He already aked people not to flame him and you went ahead. What's with you anyway?

XXX, nice pictures.

I must say misnomer is spot on. It's easy to hit and run isn't it :) . Make some inane statement and then say "just my opinion, don't flame me!". I think if somebody wants to say "digital is throwaway, can't match film", then stand and fight your position!

Cheers,

misnomer said:
To quote your first post

Sure you did

Huh?! Post a full sized pics or 100% crops of good high res scans here? For people to steal my pictures? Are you crazy? :bigeyes:
My defination of 'throw-away culture' means short-lived products. Nowadays, these comsumer-level or prosumer-level digital cameras are short-lived. After just a few years, the manufacturer will not have any spare-parts for repairs at all. My friend bought a Nikon Coolpix 995 for just a few years back then recently, his camera got some problems, so he send it to Nikon for repairs, guess what ---- Nikon Singapore quote the repairs at S$2000!! Nikon had very clearly soon that they are asking my friend to purchase a new camera. Do you think Nikon will produce a 2 mega-pixel CCD specially for you after 5 years? Go figure.
Personally I will not spend too much money on these short-lived products.

Minoxman said:

XXX, nice pictures.

Thanks for the kind comments! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.