WAT!! Crap winning (Worse still out of theme!) photos of Courts Shootout?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to all winners!!!!

Infact, all are winners as they dare to submit!!! Not like me, dun dare to submit so will not comments.....:bsmilie:

alamak... not happy then bring them to COURTS lah!!

Maybe we just need more transparency in future competitions... Instead of complaining or bringing down the winners, maybe we could all submit views and suggestions for future improvements :)

so they are ok if they pick your photos?

the same things apply actually. maybe next time, you will have a chance to judge, and then you will see people commenting on your judging... then you might consider how it feels. :)

Why do you come to the conclusion that they must pick my photos ? I hope you are not saying that the judge final output is correct? As I have written before hand, there are many well executed pictures, why did the judge not pick them ? What do you think of nature's beauty theme honestly? Was the judge fair to select that picture?

Why do you come to the conclusion that they must pick my photos ? I hope you are not saying that the judge final output is correct? As I have written before hand, there are many well executed pictures, why did the judge not pick them ? What do you think of nature's beauty theme honestly? Was the judge fair to select that picture?

i think that everytime we speak up against competition winners, we have to look at ourselves and think about yourself winning... and whether people would say the same thing behind your back. :) or did you actually think that there are competitions where everybody is happy with the winners? then you better think twice.... i hope you are not that blind.

when i put myself in those shoes, any unhappy sentiments i may have.. seem pointless.

it's just one competition. if you are not happy with the winning photographs - so? in the end, you don't escape seeming like you have a sour grapes problem...

Last edited:

Speaking from experience, i had entered numerous calligraphy competition both overseas and locally. I had ever won an award overseas yet came in unplaced in national competition.

I may not be good enough to judge photos or tell u if they are worthy winners. But a judge's call is final. Its no point ranting the same thing, move on and enter competitions which u deem is more "worthy".

In life nothing is fair. If u get nothing and your bimbo colleague gets a promotion, areyou going to quit your job? My point is, if you think you are good there are always opportunity around to prove your worth.

I hope you dont take offence at my blunt words. Oh and btw i never got bitter about coming in unplaced. Life went on.

Last edited:

Somehow, that judge picked his/her favourite based on his/her own set of criteria, under the rules of judging, it is fair and square. The fact that we might not agree with the choice is inconsequential.

If the debate generates useful learning points, such as why we prefer specific shots, then its can be a good discussion. Asking us to guess what the judges were thinking is a futile activity.

Come the Canon Photomarathon, I believe a similar discussion will surface again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.