Want auto focus 50mm pentax lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fellas...
Just checking what is your experience buying from ebay?
I won a bid for the 50 F/1.7 paying higher than what feng wei's friend offered and paid the guy via pay pal. He claimed it was mailed on 15 Sep but till today, I have yet to receive the item. I sent the guy 3 emails but no reply from him so far. Do you think I have been conned?:dunno:

Hi fellas...
I won a bid for the 50 F/1.7 paying higher than what feng wei's friend offered and paid the guy via pay pal. He claimed it was mailed on 15 Sep but till today, I have yet to receive the item. I sent the guy 3 emails but no reply from him so far. Do you think I have been conned?:dunno:

Do you know what shipping method the seller used? Airmail or surface mail? If it's airmail, shouldn't take that long, but if it's surface mail, you might not see the lens by early Dec. It'd most likely take over 2 months for the package to get here by surface mail.

Good luck.

Hi fellas...

on average packages takes around 1-1.5 months for me.

that the problem with ebay.

Hi fellas...

my last lens won from ebay took me a week. by registered ail mail.
20 days is too long, you may open a dispute on ebay, that will give the seller an alert, if he still does not respond, you may ask paypal your money back.
good luck!

thanks...but seems like the M50 is no longer produced by Pentax.
How does this M50 compare with your FA50 in terms of performance and relative price?
Regards

It should still be in production - apparently the current shortages are due to demand (although in Singapore it's probably more attributable to the lack of demand.)

Hi all!

I'm new here, been lurking in the background.

I'm planning on getting a Pentax DSLR and thinking of getting a new FA 50mm 1.4. Does anyone know whether it's available at any of the shops? I called CP and was told its no longer available here.

Thanks!

The FA 50/1.4 is said to be discontinued quite some time ago. Perhaps the FA 43/1.9 is meant to be its successor.

The FA 50/1.4 is said to be discontinued quite some time ago. Perhaps the FA 43/1.9 is meant to be its successor.

Well, there is a new DA35mm and DA55mm coming out next year, might be replacements for the FA50/1.4 :D

Up to now, all Pentax DA/DFA lenses are great performers, well worth what they cost.

Cheers,

selling my lenses.
50/1.4 and the 40/2.8
getting the 43 to replace them. hopefully they will fund my purchase.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=228533

Hey, you are exactly doing the same as what I did before ;)

The FA43 is indeed a great little lens:

IMGP6947_small.jpg

IMGP4718_small.jpg

IMGP4229_small_bw.jpg

Cheers,

hello! I was thinking of getting FA 50mm F1.4 ..maybe considering 43mm F1.9..but i want to know the price range for both lens. I'm jumping to pentax hopefully soon. So i'm planning ahead in investing lens. Any other recommendations for lens would be great! Oh! anyone know the current price for k100d?

mmm..after letting go of my 70-300, now studying the 50mm very carefully. :)

I noticed that while f1.7 and f1.4 are rare, the f2.8 is quite easy to find.
Is it worthwhile to get the Pentax 50 f/2.8 or the Sigma 50 f/2.8 or a Sigman 30/f1.7 ($$$) ?

For someone looking for a 1.4 or 1.7, is the 2.8 a reasonable replacement?

Thanks

mmm..after letting go of my 70-300, now studying the 50mm very carefully. :)

I noticed that while f1.7 and f1.4 are rare, the f2.8 is quite easy to find.
Is it worthwhile to get the Pentax 50 f/2.8 or the Sigma 50 f/2.8 or a Sigman 30/f1.7 ($$$) ?

For someone looking for a 1.4 or 1.7, is the 2.8 a reasonable replacement?

Thanks

Well, actually the Pentax 50/2.8 is much rarer than the f1.4 or f1.7 lenses :) It's a 1:2 macro lens, and it's not that cheap, about the price of an F/FA50/1.7. A very nice little macro lens, I have one, and like it alot.

If you are after a normal portrait lens, the F/FA50/1.7 or 1.4 is quite nice. But if you don't care about the extra speed, the A50/2.8 is a very sharp lens w/ macro feature. I can't say it can replace the FA50, but it certainly has its use.

I thought there was only one Sigma 30/1.4 but no 30/1.7. It's a excellent lens, but you'd pay a lot, and it's big and heavy. I'd rather have a Pentax FA35/2 if didn't have the FA31LE :)

Sigma 50/2.8 is also a macro lens, and it's a 1:1 life size macro lens, very good for its cost.

Good luck.

Has anyone seen any 50mm f/1.7 or f/1.4 in the shops here locally? Been around the usual shops, not seen any.
Been using the DFA 50mm macro for portraits....
My " models " complaining that its too sharp till everything desired and undesired gets exposed...hehe
Anyone seen them in the second hand shops?
One last question if one finds it in the second hand shops how much mark up am i paying versus say getting it online form B&H for eg? Is it worth it?
Apologize if i ask too many questions. Newbie here to dslr and the pentax system.
Thanks in advance

Has anyone seen any 50mm f/1.7 or f/1.4 in the shops here locally? Been around the usual shops, not seen any.
My " models " complaining that its too sharp till everything desired and undesired gets exposed...hehe
One last question if one finds it in the second hand shops how much mark up am i paying versus say getting it online form B&H for eg? Is it worth it?
Apologize if i ask too many questions. Newbie here to dslr and the pentax system.
Thanks in advance

If you are looking for auto focusing ones, nope, I don't think there is any one left over at any local store. I did see a couple of manual focusing ones in some shops, but the prices are way too higher than what you can get from eBay or B&S forum.

The best way I can see if to buy fromr eBay. B&H charges too much on shipping fee :(

Good luck,

Well, actually the Pentax 50/2.8 is much rarer than the f1.4 or f1.7 lenses :) It's a 1:2 macro lens, and it's not that cheap, about the price of an F/FA50/1.7. A very nice little macro lens, I have one, and like it alot.

If you are after a normal portrait lens, the F/FA50/1.7 or 1.4 is quite nice. But if you don't care about the extra speed, the A50/2.8 is a very sharp lens w/ macro feature. I can't say it can replace the FA50, but it certainly has its use.

I thought there was only one Sigma 30/1.4 but no 30/1.7. It's a excellent lens, but you'd pay a lot, and it's big and heavy. I'd rather have a Pentax FA35/2 if didn't have the FA31LE :)

Sigma 50/2.8 is also a macro lens, and it's a 1:1 life size macro lens, very good for its cost.

Good luck.

Hi fengwei
Well I saw one Pentax 50 F2.8 at AP. I'm wondering what is the difference in image quality between the Sigma 50 2.8 and the Pentax one. I should think the Sigma one is cheaper?
I mean if the price is low and quality good , might as well as go for the Sigma, right?;)

Thanks in advance

Unless I remember wrongly, I think Cathay Marina Square may have it. I also saw some Pentax "limited" lenses there too...but price-wise $$$$

BTW, latest in the ebay saga..the seller finally contacted me. Claimed he tried to email me a few times and says he is checking with the postal service....that was 2 days ago.
Hopefully will see the light soon as my visa bill should be arriving anytime now..
wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.