Vietnam Trip 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umeiko

Apr 27, 2007
My first post in this gallery. Some of the photos taken during my trip with my newly-acquired Nikon D300 to Hanoi, Hoi An and Huey. :p

Picture 1: The familiar granny that I saw in someone's posting before.
2171525657_b308a914b9_o.jpg

Picture 2: One hot afternoon.
2172315386_7df1621f1b_o.jpg

Picture 3: Sunset in Hoi An.
2171525845_64daf0835b_o.jpg

Picture 4: Boy on bike
2185836332_659110a097_o.jpg

Picture 5: Dragonfly handicraft
2183536140_63d2ed9877_o.jpg

Picture 6: Colourful scarves
2187468359_820f481d74_o.jpg

#1, 3, 5, 6 flows well. i like #3 the best, but that is just me (i'm a color person).

#4 is a little too cluttered and stands less impressive than the others. i'm not sure if it is a boy or a girl, and he or she might be korean.

did you do some pp on #2? just curious becos the tones looks a bit off to me, as sometimes i have that problem. i think the green field looks interesting. i would consider tilting the camera downwards to catch as much green as i can (but limited to the height of the vantage) and still have the bamboos in the foreground, i.e. foregoing the sky. not sure what you think.

#1, 3, 5, 6 flows well.

#4 is a little too cluttered and stands less impressive than the others. i'm not sure if it is a boy or a girl, and he or she might be korean.

did you do some pp on #2? just curious becos the tones looks a bit off to me, as sometimes i have that problem. i think the green field looks interesting. i would consider tilting the camera downwards to catch as much green as i can (but limited to the height of the vantage) and still have the bamboos in the foreground, i.e. foregoing the sky. not sure what you think.

#4 - Never crossed my mind that the kid is a girl. :) Korean wind is blowing in Vietnam. Korean fast food restaurant. Korean donations to Vietnam (as shown on their TV news). Big Korean LCD screens (either 50" or 60") are placed in the railway stations. Though they don't match with the station.

#2 - Yes, it was pp. I am not good in judging colours. :p I think you are right about tilting the camera. Will try different angels in future shots.

Thanks for the feedback.

Picture 7: A view of Vietnam largest lake - West Lake
2183331416_43ee909533_o.jpg

Zoossh: Let me know what you think about the colours for this.

Picture 7: A view of Vietnam largest lake - West Lake
2183331416_43ee909533_o.jpg

Zoossh: Let me know what you think about the colours for this.

there is a strong element of cyan. but the softer colors goes well with the early light. i think the colors is fine, at least with this combination and lighting.

i presume that is the boats there that can fit a single person? i remember seeing shots of people paddling in a bowl like stuff, though not as clearly seen then.

there is a strong element of cyan. but the softer colors goes well with the early light. i think the colors is fine, at least with this combination and lighting.

i presume that is the boats there that can fit a single person? i remember seeing shots of people paddling in a bowl like stuff, though not as clearly seen then.

Yup, I saw some workers paddling in the coracles (I think that could be the name for the "boat"). They planted plants in some of them, quite cool.

My first post in this gallery. Some of the photos taken during my trip with my newly-acquired Nikon D300 to Hanoi, Hoi An and Huey. :p

Hey, v familiar... she sells stuff in Hoi An! Think everyone will approach her for photo :)

http://www.roving-light.com/gallery/vietnam/hoian/IMG_4510w.htm

The boat can fit 1-2 people, they can either sit or stand while rowing. It's a popular object for photography in Vietnam, coz it's quite unique to our country.

Here's another photo with the boat

Thank you very much for the photos. They remind me of my home country. They are not in my hometown, but I can still feel the familiarity.

The boat can fit 1-2 people, they can either sit or stand while rowing. It's a popular object for photography in Vietnam, coz it's quite unique to our country.

Here's another photo with the boat

Thank you very much for the photos. They remind me of my home country. They are not in my hometown, but I can still feel the familiarity.

The photo in the link is impressive. The boat looks bigger in the picture. Wonder if they have different sizes for them.

Nice series :thumbsup:

Same granny? :

p622312759-4.jpg

lolz!!

Same granny? :

p622312759-4.jpg

lolz!!

Yup, it's the same granny. In fact your posted photo was what I saw when I was accessing CS forum in Hoi An. Not sure why she's also shot. Guess she's obliging. He He.

Two more portraits from Vietnam

#8: Sweet Granny
2216700882_bfa6821e13.jpg

#9: Elderly Boatman
2215906595_452c28a112.jpg

Please feel free to comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.