UWA HDR shot over water surface

Aiyah, like that defeats the whole purpose of the shot already.

i don't think you really want any comments. added to ignore list.

suggest you refrain from posting to critique corner in future, to avoid grief on your part.

way over pushed. first picture, godzilla is coming out of the water.

second picture, the coloration is so patchy, your sky has different tones and now godzilla is coming out of the trees on the right.

it would be good to produce pictures without godzilla.

What do you mean by godzilla? Could you please explain?

i don't think you really want any comments. added to ignore list.

suggest you refrain from posting to critique corner in future, to avoid grief on your part.

I'm not angry or what... Dun get me wrong, the whole intention of the picture is taken away if that portion is cropped.

Of cos I know posting here is to get flame and learn, I accept all your inputs. I'm not saying MRSAMO input is bad but cutting that half away is defeating my intention of this picture.

What do you mean by godzilla? Could you please explain?

Friendly Neighborhood Godzilla....
godzilla-and-kids.jpg

Son of Godzilla...
son-godzilla-a.jpg

Mother of all Godzillas
mov_godzilla_.jpg

Last edited:
Friendly Neighborhood Godzilla....

godzilla-and-kids.jpg

Meaning over-exggerated? Fiddling around the controls I lowered the strength to 80 on the second shot. Anywhere lower the clouds in the sky will look like creamy puffs. ;p

I think i've to deal with the trees separately then.

Meaning over-exggerated? Fiddling around the controls I lowered the strength to 80 on the second shot. Anywhere lower the clouds in the sky will look like creamy puffs. ;p

Nevermind...

I give up too... :(

you can add local contrast to the sky in photoshop.

my suggestion is not go beyond strength 50 here. and go easy on the saturation as well, those greens are really crazy.

Guys, come on. I'm really trying to learn, if you find that posting insult is the way to teach, I would sincerely hope you can stay away. Till this point all I'm asking is what does your analogy mean and expressing that my intent of the shot is not there if it's taken away. Please help by giving critic, not making fun out of people. It's childish.

Guys, come on. I'm really trying to learn, if you find that posting insult is the way to teach, I would sincerely hope you can stay away. Till this point all I'm asking is what does your analogy mean and expressing that my intent of the shot is not there if it's taken away. Please help by giving critic, not making fun out of people. It's childish.

er, you can look back at countless posts i have made regarding overdone hdr.

i always use godzilla. :)

one question to you, you don't find the fact that the reflection is brighter than the sky in the first photo disturbing?

for the next photo, you don't find the greens too overpowering?

the best critic of your photo is yourself.

next, if you really wanted to show the reflection, why is there so much mess in the foreground cluttering it up?

Last edited:
er, you can look back at countless posts i have made regarding overdone hdr.

i always use godzilla. :)

I mean the godzilla pictures that are posted. I mean, I have no idea what are you guys are refering to.

night86mare said:
you can add local contrast to the sky in photoshop.

my suggestion is not go beyond strength 50 here. and go easy on the saturation as well, those greens are really crazy.

What you said in this is much more helpful than those pictures, don't you agree?

I mean the godzilla pictures that are posted. I mean, I have no idea what are you guys are refering to.

What you said in this is much more helpful than those pictures, don't you agree?

i did not post those pictures, actually.

i thought mr samo's suggested crop did help with removal of the mess in the foreground.

one question to you, you don't find the fact that the reflection is brighter than the sky in the first photo disturbing?

Noted on that, I need to figure out more on the controls in Photomatix. Unless I apply GND on the lower half, I can't seem to get rid of the brighter reflection.

for the next photo, you don't find the greens too overpowering?

Yeah, bad habits of me. I'll try to take off saturation highlights a chunk more.

next, if you really wanted to show the reflection, why is there so much mess in the foreground cluttering it up?
Probably I need to give some explaination, the picture was titled "Strange Reflection". The clutter mess was the reflection of the over-rawed, as you guys had put, clouds in the sky, which is why they are there. I mean, I can understand that I didn't do a good job depicting that in the picture that people can take notice. Which is the reason why am I asking for critic and advise.

Please understand what is HDR really all about...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging

"high dynamic range imaging (HDRI or just HDR) is a set of techniques that allow a greater dynamic range of luminance between the lightest and darkest areas of an image than current standard digital imaging techniques or photographic methods. This wide dynamic range allows HDR images to more accurately represent the range of intensity levels found in real scenes, ranging from direct sunlight to faint starlight.[1]"

daredevil123, I do know what HDR means. No offence.

Back onto the reason why HDR. In the original picture, the clutter mess of weeds was too underexposed and I couldn't see them. I thought HDR will bring them up to be more visible. Perhaps I can choose to do it different? I'm not very good at photoshop and local contrast that you guys mentioned is the first time I heard of. maybe I can use that?

daredevil123, I do know what HDR means. No offence.

Back onto the reason why HDR. In the original picture, the clutter mess of weeds was too underexposed and I couldn't see them. I thought HDR will bring them up to be more visible. Perhaps I can choose to do it different? I'm not very good at photoshop and local contrast that you guys mentioned is the first time I heard of. maybe I can use that?

do a low strength version

layer duplicate in photoshop

up the contrast of the sky using curves, if you read up and understand how to do it (google photoshop curves), you can achieve something like what you see...

and then erase the top layer such that you will have a natural looking scene with increased contrast in the sky alone.

hope this helps.

as for the weeds, i would lose them.