Users' feedback - SANYO 2500 replacement exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.
AhV, I believe you are doing a great job by helping CS members to solve their Sanyo 2500mAh AA battery problems.

However all I and many other Sanyo users are asking for is an official announcement from Sanyo that there is indeed a problem. Canon / Nikon have done so (see links below). By doing so, they have renewed customer confidence.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0510/05100602canon_ccdproblem.asp
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06021101nikond200banding.asp
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0511/05110802nikonbattrecall.asp
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0512/05120604nikon_battalert.asp

Even Lexar and Canon came out together to state that there were problems with a certain batch of cards with a model of Canon cameras and the distributor of the Lexar cards in Singapore even set up a thread to help customers. This is what real service is. The agent coming forward to help.

Also I really feel sorry for the of the users out there in the world who are not aware of this issue. Perhaps all who are reading this thread should email your friends, post in other forums, write to Straits Times, write to CASE so that this "awareness" is not only available in CS but EVERYWHERE.

And oh yes, AhV, you have not clarified the point that there was a "major exericse" to exchange the faulty batches of Sanyo batteries by Sanyo with the retailers. Who in Sanyo Energy told you this? We have a right to know as many shops I have spoken to are not even aware that a problem exists with their stock! :eek:

Thanks BIGBELLY for your suggestions .... I can understand why you are upset as a retailer. No worries, SANYO will give you an explanation. I have already informed them about your feedback.

They are a very big organisation and I dun think they will let these discharge issues go or 'hide' the problem .... :)

Patience, my fren ...they will get back to you shortly

I await their call and their offical position of the faulty Sanyo batteries.

AhV said:
Thanks BIGBELLY for your suggestions .... I can understand why you are upset as a retailer. No worries, SANYO will give you an explanation. I have already informed them about your feedback.

They are a very big organisation and I dun think they will let these discharge issues go or 'hide' the problem .... :)

Pardon me if my question is already asked before.

So far I understand Sanyo made NiMH battery for other companies (Sony If I am not wrong). What happend to the other companies? Did they recall, exchanges, or do nothing?

Regards,
Arto.

Makes me wonder what is sanyo trying to hide by keeping quiet about this case.. i mean, this is a very real fact to all of us sanyo battery users that their battery has failed us in the field, sometimes creating embarassing situations in front of clients and such.

Methinks if they are a well established company, they should exercise professionlism and ethics by offering an explaination and like DO SOMETHING to rescue those who're still stuck with the faulty batch, wondering wat's going on.

Ok. AhV knows that i'm quite a heavy user, but certainly not enough to warrant a replacement of batteries (ie. I haven't charged them 1000 times). I did an exchange with AhV a couple of months ago, and now i'm having problems with the new batch.
I'm using a Maha charger, and set it on fast charge as slow charging doesn't work for these 2500s. Charged a set the night before till the lights went green and they were dead the next evening without even being used.

I've really got half a mind to switch over to a Varta charger and see what happens. The Maha charger output is rated at 1000ma while the Varta is rated at either 7500ma or 8750ma depending on which model you get.

hmm...my replacement 2500's seem to be holding out pretty well. they have been sitting in my flash for weeks and still seem to hold a good charge - way better than the old batch. then again i slow charge them on my maha charger.

AhV said:

it has been many months and Sanyo still not publicly admit the faulty/bad batch of batteries...they are big company for sure...so what?

The problem/issue is clear, some batch of Sanyo batteries will discharge/dead within a few days of full charge. Did Sanyo ask a recall? No. Did they announce the fault publicly? No. What did they do? Nothing except if you complaint to them and ask for a replacement. If you already throw away your batteries, too bad...your own lost :(

madmacs said:
hmm...my replacement 2500's seem to be holding out pretty well. they have been sitting in my flash for weeks and still seem to hold a good charge - way better than the old batch. then again i slow charge them on my maha charger.

That's the thing. I tried slow charging them but they wouldn't work for long either. The fast charging method worked fine until recently. Anyway, i've gotten myself a Varta 15min charger, so we'll see if they work fine with this sucker. It's got a built-in fan too!

AhV said:
1. Visit SANYO office at HEEREN office block during office hours ,mon to fri..call Febiv prior to visit..she will advise you accordingly ( preferred option )

Just had my Sanyo 2500 replaced this morning with Febiv.

Note to ALL who wish to replace their Sanyo Batts :
Febiv will be leaving the company by the end of the month, Please use the Contact Us form at Sanyo Energy's website to feedback and follow their procedures on whom you can contact and to charge the batteries 2 days before going for the exchange so that they can check the discharge rate of the batteries.

The replacement of Febiv on battery exchnage should be Bee Suan and Jasmine, Febiv recommend all who wishes to exchange the batteries to fill up the web contact form and follow their procedures.

She mentioned that so far the 2300 mAh and 2100 mAh batteries does not have problems similar to 2500 mAh.

The recharge lifecycle of the Ni-MH are listed below :
2100 mAh - up to 500 times
2300 mAh - up to 300 times
2500 mAh - up to 200 times
eneloop 2000 mAh - up to 1000 times

The recommended steps to prolong the rechargeable batteries is to let the battery discharge first before recharging again, if not, by recharging a e.g. half-charged battery, this will shorten their lifecycle.

Ah V : Febiv had sent u a email regarding her leaving the company and she's still waiting for your reply :)

caseytan said:
The recharge lifecycle of the Ni-MH are listed below :
2100 mAh - up to 500 times
2300 mAh - up to 300 times
2500 mAh - up to 200 times

eneloop 2000 mAh - up to 1000 times
What is this? I always though NiMH can be recharge 500 times regardless of capacity.

Hmmmm....., I am highly considering powerex (and avoiding Sanyo) after reading that.

Regards,
Arto.

Canew said:
Arto,

How many times can POWEREX batteries be re-charged?
1000 times. How true it is? I think better than 500 times.

Regards,
Arto.

caseytan said:

........... Please use the Contact Us form at Sanyo Energy's website to feedback and follow their procedures on whom you can contact and to charge the batteries 2 days before going for the exchange so that they can check the discharge rate of the batteries.

The replacement of Febiv on battery exchnage should be Bee Suan and Jasmine, Febiv recommend all who wishes to exchange the batteries to fill up the web contact form and follow their procedures.................

Yes...thanks for the reminder ...

BTW, my stocks are almose depleted ...replacing those who contacted me through PMs .... So, do read these updates carefully. Everyone is advised to drop an email to sales@sanyo-energy.com.sg regarding their faulty 2500 batteries for further advice or use the above link........ cheers ! ;)

Why is Sanyo ignoring or hiding about the problem with their 2500 mAh batteries?

Sanyo never did recall, exchanges, nor do anything in letting the general public knows about their batteries problems.

I agree we should email our friends, post in other forums, write to Straits Times, write to CASE so that this "awareness" is not only available in CS but EVERYWHERE.

Maybe clubsnap members should start a petition or write to ST Forums, Digital Life and request Sanyo to offer an explanation.

SANYO :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

AhV said:
Yes...thanks for the reminder ...

BTW, my stocks are almose depleted ...replacing those who contacted me through PMs .... So, do read these updates carefully. Everyone is advised to drop an email to sales@sanyo-energy.com.sg regarding their faulty 2500 batteries for further advice or use the above link........ cheers ! ;)

Just an update for everyone.

AhV mentioned that Sanyo will give me an explanation of their non-admittance of the Sanyo 2500mAh AA discharge problem.

Further, I tried to get my batteries changed with Sanyo by emailing them. Instead of giving their reply on how to get them replaced, I was told to go back to the place I bought them from.

I also PM AhV to let me know who was his contact in Sanyo but the PM was unanswered.

If there is any CS member who is willing to write to the press, please do so as you will be helping millions of users out there.

Also if someone can find me the public relations contact of Sanyo Japan, please post it here too so the necessary action can be taken.

Bro AV..

I have about 4 to 8 pc of SAnyo 2500mAH which cannot even retain charge for 1 day.. charge in the morning.. evening time not charge liaoz.. seldom use since bought.. can arrange to change with you?:D

thx

Seriously, I think there were no real problems, at least in my case. Sanyo will gladly replace any faulty 2500s, and I actually done it on two occasions (the previous one just yesterday). They were quite pleasant in handling the matter too. Just drop them an email, stating your problems. They will probably ask you to charge your batteries at least two days in advance, and if the batteries are tested to be faulty, they shall be replaced. Only possible problem might be the office only opens on weekdays. Other than that, I really don't see much of a problem with Sanyo.

Bro AhV is probably busy, and since he is doing a goodwill favour by providing the convenience of exchanging the batteries with him, we should have a little patience in awaiting his reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.