Users' feedback - SANYO 2500 replacement exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.
AhV said:
nope...... a lof people asked me this question....'working' for CS :bsmilie:

Literally, member helps members ....... :sticktong
How do i go abt to replace my faulty batteries?

AhV said:
Brudder .... AP still selling old batches la (based on above details)..... your one is NOT the latest batch :sweat:

If Sanyo knows that old batches are problematic, and still allows them to be sold, then they deserve to be boycotted. Not that they're the only ones doing such things though. I think consumers need to raise some hooha before they take any action.

This week I had some of my 2500mah sanyo batteries replaced by Sanyo Singapore. Now got surplus of them. Anyone interested in buying them from me? I will let go at $14 for 4 pieces. Comes with battery case.

PM me.

cheers.

reflecx said:
If Sanyo knows that old batches are problematic, and still allows them to be sold, then they deserve to be boycotted. Not that they're the only ones doing such things though. I think consumers need to raise some hooha before they take any action.

nope....... 'bad' retailers still sell them... If stocks were taken/ supplied from SANYO, Singapore directly, the OLD batches were already replaced during a major exercise. So, if retailers sell you cheap cheap, then you question what batch :)

So, they dun deserve to be 'boycotted'.... if they are baddies, then I wont b here to serve this community ;)

upzzz for awareness...will appreciate all forms of feedback on your SANYO 2500 batteries :)

Is there something wrong with my batteries, I havnt got them replaced yet, but here's the story

By using my Maha charger a set of four sanyo takes me at least 5-10 hours of charging before it indicates full charge.

3 sets of batt for my flash, these are the Maha 5-10 hour charging ones, they die on me after around 10 flashes. (1-2 day discharge)

I use 2 sets for my portable hdd, and which is ok but doesnt take many uploads of my CF card before it dies out on me. (these charge on the sanyo 15min charger) Discharge after 3-4days.
Max cf card upload before the set of batteries die (4-6 gb).

technical advise? I will get them replaced if i manage to get off work,
however just wondering if my maha charger is faulty or the batteries. or it is "natural" to charge batteries for 10 hours

:dunno:

ullyss, what is the charger that you are using? The longer duration could be due to the fact that you set the charger in the 'SLOW' mode.
In your case, I would think that it is the classic 2500mAh SANYO problem.

Ahv, thanks for the exchange, sorry to trouble you while you are working that night.
On 1st charge all seem ok except one battery only charged to 1300mAh, but after 2 discharge and recharge on that battery, it hit 2500+ mAh as others. So far no problem, will use these 2 set more frequent and see how's the performance.

Canew said:
ullyss, what is the charger that you are using? The longer duration could be due to the fact that you set the charger in the 'SLOW' mode.
In your case, I would think that it is the classic 2500mAh SANYO problem.

Using Maha charger, quite phiff because it takes such a long time to charge, then when it is used, it dies off rather quickly. Is that common for all maha chargers?

can still go and exchange ? I have 3 sets, can't retain charge for more than 1 or 2 days... :(

maha charger heats up during quick charge..bad for most brands of batts...i believe there is a tolerance level .... I had sent my charger for investigation earlier... I am still using MAHA as one of many chargers but I use SLOW charge

if your batteries dun hold charge, it's the batts .... esp if they are the earlier SANYO 2500s

options are :

1. Visit SANYO office at HEEREN office block during office hours ,mon to fri..call Febiv prior to visit..she will advise you accordingly ( preferred option )

2. If you cant make it to SANYO, visit AhV's office :bsmilie: I have completed by mass exchange exercise,,,it's one to one now..so dun tekan me...come come...visit me

read off your batches here and let me advise you accordingly....I cant entertain all the PMs on a personal basis....my apologies in advance

3. DO give me feedback..that's what I am here for..and for the last time, I DUN WORK FOR SANYO....I am their friend and also yours....give them their support..just like what they are giving you now..supporting any bad batteries..they are working very hard to remove this discharge issue.

Ruey...get in touch with me..I am near you :)

Dear AhV,

I have a mix of various batches of Sanyo 2500mAh batts:

04-10 S1
04-09 SH
04-08 14
05-01 0A (1 daed can't even charge)
05-04 0A
05-05 0A
05-06 0a

Would be quite a daunting task to charge and monitor the voltage drop for these 30 over batts. But I do know that a number of these batts are fast draining ones

I don't mind to come over your office to have the exchange if it is possible with you. Thanks in advance!

got bad eyesight, cant read those engraved batch no. (what to do, old already)

manage to figure out only the two below

04-09 SH
05 06 lg

You have an actual office for sanyo exchange :bigeyes:
kiddin.
which location?

Yes, Sanyo definitely knew of the situation since the problem surfaced a long time ago. However they did not admit and are currently today still officially denying that there is a problem with the Sanyo 2500 batteries. :nono:

They also did not make any attempt to recall the old stock which was held by retailers. There wasn't any major exercise to exchange the old batch for new. :eek: Retailers were told to sell their current stock quickly and quietly. In fact most if not ALL Sanyo 2500s are now MADE IN CHINA instead of JAPAN. Not that China made batteries are lousy but heh, what happened to the batches which were made in Japan? :think:

The least Sanyo could do was to give buffer stock to retailers for 1-1 exchange with customers who had problems. Sadly, they did not agree to this and forced customers to make extra trips to their office at Hereen.

Maha chargers are one of the best in the world. :thumbsup: Google doesn't lie. Just do a search. Then do a search on Sanyo batteries and chargers and Google again doesn't lie.

In fact there was a faulty batch / batches of Sanyo NC-MQH01 charger too. I believe some of you know that. Once again, Sanyo didn't admit to the problem. Anyway since Sanyo's chargers are not that popular, the problem didn't make the news.

reflecx said:

BigBelly said:
Yes, Sanyo definitely knew of the situation since the problem surfaced a long time ago. However they did not admit and are currently today still officially denying that there is a problem with the Sanyo 2500 batteries. :nono:

They also did not make any attempt to recall the old stock which was held by retailers. There wasn't any major exercise to exchange the old batch for new. :eek: Retailers were told to sell their current stock quickly and quietly. In fact most if not ALL Sanyo 2500s are now MADE IN CHINA instead of JAPAN. Not that China made batteries are lousy but heh, what happened to the batches which were made in Japan? :think:

The least Sanyo could do was to give buffer stock to retailers for 1-1 exchange with customers who had problems. Sadly, they did not agree to this and forced customers to make extra trips to their office at Hereen.

Maha chargers are one of the best in the world. :thumbsup: Google doesn't lie. Just do a search. Then do a search on Sanyo batteries and chargers and Google again doesn't lie.

In fact there was a faulty batch / batches of Sanyo NC-MQH01 charger too. I believe some of you know that. Once again, Sanyo didn't admit to the problem. Anyway since Sanyo's chargers are not that popular, the problem didn't make the news.

Sanyo...., shame on you... :thumbsd: .

Regards,
Arto.

BigBelly said:

I have two batteries 2500mha coming with the charger i bought. They are made in Japan, but I cannot charge one of the two at the first charging. The production code is: 05 03 0A. So it doesont mean the batteries made in japan must be good. Have already replaced the two batteries, and the service is very satisfatory.

I went down heeren yesterday, lady incharge on leave. The stuff told me come back other days. POOR SERVICE!!!:thumbsd:
Can't they use brain that i can leave the batteries there?
Anyway, i complained that why made comsumers bear the troble to go directly to Heeren and exchange? Some more need to full cahrge all battiries b4 going down.
I throw them 1 questions: 1 got 8 sets, 32 AA of them, by the time i cahrged all, the first few will be discharged already, what to do?
The stuff says, well, then they will cahrge and see.

Complete waste of time!!! I will forever boycott Sanyo due to never think for comsumers.

Now, waiting for the person in charge to call me. And need to waste another time to go and collect.

I have jumpship to Powerex, and i will tell them straight in the face, Sanyo Sucks.

BigBelly said:

Thank You for this info... I was updated with different info. If what you have written is true, I will personally verify the info for the benefit of this community :think:

Thanks for the feedback.

Appreciate if you can quote the person who gave you the information that there was an exchange exercise.

Also I wonder why:

1. Sanyo isn't able to give the entire listing of problematic batch codes
2. Issue a statement on this (Car manufacturers have done recalls)

Perhaps some lawyer here can look into a class action suit against Sanyo.

AhV said:
Thank You for this info... I was updated with different info. If what you have written is true, I will personally verify the info for the benefit of this community :think:

Thanks for the feedback.

all feedback noted .... After hearing from BIGBELLY, if any1 feels that they wanna give up on SANYO, we cant stop you. If you are still keen to have your 'bad' batteries replaced, do get in touch with SANYO office(during office hours,MON-FRI) or me (after office hours, MON-FRI) . For those who have been making private arrangements with me, THANK YOU for your support.

I will constantly feedback all problems or inconvenience faced by any of you to ensure we always get reliable source of battery power. Have any1 of you ever wondered if you had faced discharge issues with other makes, will you get this kind of customer service support ? ..... Oh well, I will leave it to all of you to decide what is best for you.

Upzz for awareness..cheers ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.