US university shooting kills 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
nuclear bombs dun kill people too, let's make a few

The problem with guns is that they simplify the act of killing both technically and psychological. It's much easier to overcome that mental barrier when killing someone with a gun, as opposed to say, stabbing or asphyxiation.

But as I mentioned earlier, gun control is hardly the solution to the real problem.

Nuclear weapons are horrifying because of their immense power, translating into shock value. Statistically the usage of tactical nuclear weapons in an actually warzone won't kill that many more people than by conventional means. In fact the world does have more than a 'few' right now, with the US possessing around 10,000 nuclear warheads of various yields and types, and Russia with around 16,000 (though less than half active). Factor in the other nuclear countries and you see that the world isn't really short of nuclear weapons.

The only troublesome thing about nukes is the policy of MAD, in which all countries with strategic nuclear weapons follow. The doctrine calls for a complete release of all strategic missiles in an event of an intentional nuclear strike on an allied nation. The policy of MAD, which stands for mutual assured destruction, really just means 'if you fire a nuclear weapon at us, you kill yourself and the whole world'. It's sole intention and purpose is to maintain a world free of nuclear weapons usage, and so far it seems effective.

I suspect the chap muz have been military trained or got some form of weapon training. Otherwise, won't be able to handle the weapon properly. And to kill 33, he muz have at least 200 rounds or like almost 10 fully loading magazine. [How many of you have carried 10 loaded mag in your SBO?]

And most likely, his military training means national service. Which are the Asian countries got NS?

I suspect the chap muz have been military trained or got some form of weapon training. Otherwise, won't be able to handle the weapon properly. And to kill 33, he muz have at least 200 rounds or like almost 10 fully loading magazine. [How many of you have carried 10 loaded mag in your SBO?]

And most likely, his military training means national service. Which are the Asian countries got NS?

You don't need military training to kill people.

Killer was South Korean.

Cho Seung-Hui, 23. English Major, from Fairfax County, Virginia. He was a resident of the US too.

stupid loner.... wonder how he even get a girlfriend....

You don't need military training to kill people.

Yeah and its short range and using hand guns. As long as u know how to load the mags, its ready to go. I reckon that the gun stores will teach u how to do it and maintain it.

Thank god its not assault rifles. :sweat:

He is really a very disturbed guy. They should have more stringent checks on allowing the sale of guns.

Interesting statistic on Sky News just now:

30,000 die each year in America from gun-related crime and just 1,000 have died in Iraq. People and Congress are so focussed on getting the troops home yet accepting of those that are dying right there on the doorstep. Seems so wrong to me.

Interesting statistic on Sky News just now:

30,000 die each year in America from gun-related crime and just 1,000 have died in Iraq. People and Congress are so focussed on getting the troops home yet accepting of those that are dying right there on the doorstep. Seems so wrong to me.

American killed Americans... so what so great!

He is really a very disturbed guy. They should have more stringent checks on allowing the sale of guns.

haha seems that the killings has increased support for having guns.... Pro Gun lobbyists say that one needs to have a gun and if one had guns than one would have been able to defend one self and such an incident would have been prevented. They also said that the reason why Cho can kill 33 was because the school had gun control laws which was wrong as it didnt allow the kids to protect themselves. My goodness super typical americian style lame and dumb excuse.... u need to be holding guns to protect yourself? So means it is alright to have a firefight in school in the name of self defense? It is like I need to have carry a knife to protect myself, because by law, anyone can carry a parang and walk in the street. I never know when the lady or guy in my class will go beserk with his or her parang, hence with my parang, I can chop them down first before they chop me down.

Wouldnt it have been much easier to just ban anyone from having a parang??!! Dumb Amercian Logic....

haha seems that the killings has increased support for having guns.... Pro Gun lobbyists say that one needs to have a gun and if one had guns than one would have been able to defend one self and such an incident would have been prevented. They also said that the reason why Cho can kill 33 was because the school had gun control laws which was wrong as it didnt allow the kids to protect themselves. My goodness super typical americian style lame and dumb excuse.... u need to be holding guns to protect yourself? So means it is alright to have a firefight in school in the name of self defense? It is like I need to have carry a knife to protect myself, because by law, anyone can carry a parang and walk in the street. I never know when the lady or guy in my class will go beserk with his or her parang, hence with my parang, I can chop them down first before they chop me down.

Wouldnt it have been much easier to just ban anyone from having a parang??!! Dumb Amercian Logic....

May those who died in the killing rampage by Cho RIP.

Many children died in the US due to gun ownership from parents. The child found a loaded gun in the drawer and the next moment, bang. The debates on gun ownership will never ever end.

For the cho case, after seeing the online videos and news clips, one question remains in me. Was Cho's action brought about due to discrimination or was he just insane? If he was insane but not discriminated with mockery, he would not have blasted the peeps in school.

The focus now is on recovery and indeed it is touching to see the community coming together to warm hearts and heal souls. But what shocked me was Bush reaction was about dealing with mad people in school but not with racial harmony.

Cho should not have done it. It was a selfish and senseless act. His message was not delivered well by the media and hence he probably did not achieve his primary objective either. He thought he was a winner saving the meek asian community from discrimination. But he lost completely as the whole matter took a different spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.