Upgrading my C2040Z to C700UZ for 10X Opitcal Zoom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by mpenza
greatly depends on the individual. some people could take half an hour while some could take months :p
took me 3 months liao...still deciding...and waiting for casio qv2900 price to drop :D

Originally posted by Blankies

took me 3 months liao...still deciding...and waiting for casio qv2900 price to drop :D

:p there could be newer and better models by the time you decide. and it could lead to another round of waiting :p

:p there could be newer and better models by the time you decide. and it could lead to another round of waiting :p
nebermind...
hehe...christmas overliao...
can wait till next christmas...doesnt really matter anyway.,..
The patient can wait,,,
or i can also wait till yot got the bid for the c2100 camera...then you sell me your casio for cheap cheap price !!!:eek:

Originally posted by Jayan

Hi Sebastian....that's quite a gd deal..so total u paid $978.50 incl. GST is it??? :p

yah lor not much choice since I didnt have another person buying with me.... but lucky Jayan got it for $950 and I can get it for the same price... tried it out this afternoon... quite fun... suddenly the whole world looks very different now

wow like that you will never get hold of one camera, you just keep waiting and waiting :p

nebermind...
hehe...christmas overliao...
can wait till next christmas...doesnt really matter anyway.,..
The patient can wait,,,
or i can also wait till yot got the bid for the c2100 camera...then you sell me your casio for cheap cheap price !!!:eek:

:p I won't be bidding high for the camera. Would only be willing to pay little for it since I don't really need it, so I doubt I'll win the auction :p Even if I were to get another camera, I would likely keep the QV2900UX as a backup.

I'm considering a C2040 for use during low light situations though. But find that $750 is a bit too high for a "backup" camera :p

Originally posted by Keito
wow like that you will never get hold of one camera, you just keep waiting and waiting :p
will buy one soon...hehehe...
will be spending alot of money...must think think for quite some time first mar...
must know every camera details...
badpoints...
goodpoints...
sigh sigh...

will be spending alot of money...must think think for quite some time first mar...
badpoints...
goodpoints...
sigh sigh...

like that will never end too cos after doing all the research new ones come out again.

Without a cam to try out, you wouldn't be able to understand some of the things

like that will never end too cos after doing all the research new ones come out again.

Without a cam to try out, you wouldn't be able to understand some of the things
hmmm !!! i agree !!!
maybe some kind soul can lend me his/her useless digi cam and let me try try things out !!! ???

SO ANY ONE ???!!!:rbounce:

badpoints...
goodpoints...
sigh sigh...

There're 2 ways about it.... get a realtively cheap one (like the Casio QV2900UX) to try/learn and explore or get one that's more popular (e.g. Fujifilm, Canon, Olympus) where you can sell off fairly easily.

There're 2 ways about it.... get a realtively cheap one (like the Casio QV2900UX) to try/learn and explore or get one that's more popular (e.g. Fujifilm, Canon, Olympus) where you can sell off fairly easily.

walio !!!! hehe/...
casioqv2900ux plus 128ritek is 800bucks....me still student leh...that is very exp for me liao !!! :D:eek:

If not, if u can find those very old models like the casio qv8000 ... think it will fit ur budget ...

Originally posted by sebastiansong

yah lor not much choice since I didnt have another person buying with me.... but lucky Jayan got it for $950 and I can get it for the same price... tried it out this afternoon... quite fun... suddenly the whole world looks very different now

Me bought at ur price incl. of GST. ;)

The zoom is 10x optical...equivalent to 380mm for 35mm cams.

Onli downsides are the slight vignette at wide angle and the color seems to be more 'natural' i.e. as compare to other DC with higher color saturation.

Tot at max focal length should be ok??? :confused:

not neccessary so .... not all TC's fit with all cameras and vice

not neccessary so .... not all TC's fit with all cameras and vice

Hmm...the hole of the TC is pretty small on the C-210...no bigger than a $0.20 coin.

As always ... test before you buy :D

Wow so fast selling....

Keep it for a while lah Duckling. Although newbie, I still like C2040 and think it's a very good camera. Still got a lot of features I'm still exploring heh heh. I just learn yesterday that using a white piece of paper can get very good White Balance result haha :D

I agree that 10x zoom is really attractive though......

But overall, consider on keeping C2040 lor :)

Originally posted by duckling
After handling the C2040Z for a week, I found that what I need is a camera with greater zoom capability. Hence, I am looking at Canon Pro90SI, Olympus C2100UZ or Olympus C700UZ.

I can see that lots of member in HWZ (maybe they're here now) uses the C700UZ, where as only JAYAN (from HWZ) uses C2100UZ.

I am eyeing at the Olympus cos' the Canon is much more expensive - abt $1600 i guess.

Therefore, guys - valuable feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thx.

PS: I was reading dpreview / Steven Cam....the whole evening.:eek:

Onli downsides are the slight vignette at wide angle and the color seems to be more 'natural' i.e. as compare to other DC with higher color saturation.

Are there any saturation setting? If there is, a higher saturation setting could give you the colors of the Fujifilm camera :)

Status
Not open for further replies.