University of Bradford , MDIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ticktock

Hi all ,

I was wondering whats the difference between doing a degree under MDIS ( Bradford University ) , and at the campus over at UK , Bradford itself .

How would the transcript and degree awarded differs ?
( any sample that i can see? )

Can any kind soul advise? ;)

Hi all ,

I was wondering whats the difference between doing a degree under MDIS ( Bradford University ) , and at the campus over at UK , Bradford itself .

campus life and non-campus life...

taking it in sg = just go to class, go home... nothing much...

going to UK is good, provided u can afford...

Hi all ,

i'm not too sure about this

but i suppose if employers know option a versus option b they would have differing opinions and impressions about the potential employee

and to be frank, don't think bradford is a particularly outstanding school - besides, would prefer institutions like sim or psb academy, i sourced for a friend before, the impression that i got from mdis was pretty bad, but that's a personal viewpoint after all so you can take from it what you will

I just found out that Bradford is ranked 48 in UK, so it is not worth to spend so much to go over there. If I were you, I would pick SIMU or PSB.

In fact, any school (be it associated/joint degrees or overseas) is the same if you work hard. If the course you want is available only at MDIS, then go for it. You know why? Because rather than going to a better school and study things you don't like, why not do something you like at MDIS? Interest for something is important. You will get good results and even distinctions because you get the propeling kick out of it from your enthusiasm.

Usually at the end of your studies, you will be given a choice of receiving the degree from the local institution or the foreign institution. I don't know about MDIS, but SIM is like that. My friend's wife graduated in 2005 in Mathematics. She asked me which she should pick. I said it depends. Since she is a teacher and is not going for further studies, the SIM degree would be fine. However, if she wants to go to UK for further studies after that, she should pick the UK degree. (In the end she picked the local one.)

Anyway, if you have done extremely well in your undergraduate course, you should not pick the local degree cert. You never know, man - you might get a pretty good scholarship from a foreign university.

I had been in your position before and I know what you are concerned about. Just trust your ownself. I wish you all the best in your pursuits. :thumbsup:

I just found out that Bradford is ranked 48 in UK, so it is not worth to spend so much to go over there. If I were you, I would pick SIMU or PSB.

In fact, any school (be it associated/joint degrees or overseas) is the same if you work hard. If the course you want is available only at MDIS, then go for it. You know why? Because rather than going to a better school and study things you don't like, why not do something you like at MDIS? Interest for something is important. You will get good results and even distinctions because you get the propeling kick out of it from your enthusiasm.

Usually at the end of your studies, you will be given a choice of receiving the degree from the local institution or the foreign institution. I don't know about MDIS, but SIM is like that. My friend's wife graduated in 2005 in Mathematics. She asked me which she should pick. I said it depends. Since she is a teacher and is not going for further studies, the SIM degree would be fine. However, if she wants to go to UK for further studies after that, she should pick the UK degree. (In the end she picked the local one.)

Anyway, if you have done extremely well in your undergraduate course, you should not pick the local degree cert. You never know, man - you might get a pretty good scholarship from a foreign university.

I had been in your position before and I know what you are concerned about. Just trust your ownself. I wish you all the best in your pursuits. :thumbsup:

thanks for ur kind advice.

I was pretty concerned actually when someone told me that the transcript and the degree they award here , and there would be different .

not sure how true is this...

hope someone can give me factual illustrations(eg :sample of transcript) to guide me along.

thanks for ur kind advice.

I was pretty concerned actually when someone told me that the transcript and the degree they award here , and there would be different .

not sure how true is this...

hope someone can give me factual illustrations(eg :sample of transcript) to guide me along.

Bro, for SIM, the exam scripts are marked in England. The transcripts also bear the crest of the UK univ. You must ask the staff at MDIS about this. All the best, man. :thumbsup: :)

ya...MDIS papers very easy to get A one...usually these kind of course should be very tough...

better go PSB or SIM...or better...go local uni...dun waste your time in MDIS...

Bro, for SIM, the exam scripts are marked in England. The transcripts also bear the crest of the UK univ. You must ask the staff at MDIS about this. All the best, man. :thumbsup: :)

True...SIM papers are marked oversea...Uni of Bradfort cert people most likely will knw you took it from MDIS which is marked locally...very low standard one...too easy to get A

True...SIM papers are marked oversea...Uni of Bradfort cert people most likely will knw you took it from MDIS which is marked locally...very low standard one...too easy to get A

Just happened to drop in and saw this.... i have friends studying in MDIS. Even dip and adv dip papers are marked at Bradford, UK. Not to mention degree papers...

Status
Not open for further replies.