Unbelievable service at Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you guys think that this thread is a bit extreme already?

I had a bad experience at Sakae sushi at Wheelock too. Cannot blame as it was crowded and under staff but i was very hungry, can eat a cow, so my face black. Manager see already give me 20% off. :bsmilie:

Just treat it as an experience and you will be a wiser person.

BTW, do you guys really think that the uncle had studied about hospitality and the finer points of service? How to handle diffcult people? Is he an educated person? It is very true that a waiter should not and cannot yell at a customer even if he is right, but do you think that uncle, who is working at Hans really care? Its Hans for goodness sake! Can you see him working at Prego for instance? If he is working for Mac, do you think he will yell? Mac trains and instruct its staff and have a set of guidelines to follow. Han probably not and don't have the resources.

Really, the level of service accorded varies according to the establishment. You're not gonna get Ritz level of service at hotel 81.

funksoulava said:
Good for you! I do sincere hope that the very same uncle or one with a similar disposition will be serving you at your next dining experience.

Me too,sincerely hope the uncle won't run into your group or any group with a similar disposition again.

funksoulava said:
Good for you! I do sincere hope that the very same uncle or one with a similar disposition will be serving you at your next dining experience.

zaxh81's reaction was caused by your posting, just like your reaction after the uncle's action.

Now, don't he have a right to think and say what he stand? I tot a moderator just said no personal attack? Is there a need to sincerely hope that he gets a bad experience like you did?

Did we get a chance to hear the uncle's side of the story? Are your and your group's conduct all that good as well? I begin to have my doubts after reading your posts. It seems like your replies to the post here are not a very polite as well.

I'm sorry, i rest my case. :angel:

Let me ask,what is the purpose of this thread?

To hear our view?
To warn us against eating at hans?
To support you?
Not be moved when someone shouted at you?

Which restaurant was that? I wanna go get a free meal too heheheh

Gymrat76 said:
We got so fed up we walked off. Too bad that they lost that $200+ worth of food and drinks, and that place will from now on be at the bottom of our list. ;) Some shops don't seem to realize that its the REPEAT business and not the once-off business that will make or break them.

Some of these tourist baiting places are crying out for a sting operation.:devil:

LazerLordz said:
Some of these tourist baiting places are crying out for a sting operation.:devil:
So what are you going to do? Turn into a wasp to sting them all? :bigeyes: :bsmilie: :thumbsup:

Germinc said:
So what are you going to do? Turn into a wasp to sting them all? :bigeyes: :bsmilie: :thumbsup:

I'm not yellow nor black :embrass: :bsmilie:

not only in Singapore, in many other parts of the world I seldom see people return their trays... US, Korea or China... but one thing very special in Singapore is: more and more Elderly folks are forced to work in fast food outlets, cleaners in toilets, shopping malls, hawker centers... my foreign friends always ask these questions:

1. Why these old people have to work? They gave their life to build a 'prosperous' nation, why they still struggling?
2. Where is the welfare system??
3. Where are their children? Dont they have children to look after them??

Many times when I am still having my coke or drinks, some old folk from nowhere would come and simply grab the can away, with or without remaining liquid in it.... very annoying.... but what can you do..

So gentleman, save up, save up alot, have a channel that feeds you like running water... dont end up like them. If you can , give them some money to help ...

but if they work in HANs and shout at you, complain to management, get your money back. You were there to be served. Not shouted at. I can understand their frustration, but I bet these nasty people dont have the guts to do it if you are Ang Mo. Really sad thing. Singapore still a bloody 3rd world when it comes to mentality.

Walked past Hans yesterday afternoon and the place was so darned crowded with customers and a lot of uncles and aunties. So I guess whatever we have written here will not have any effect on their management .... :think:
Probably they will always get away with such situations because there is NO competition since it is the only eatery there. Well my feel is that it created a poor image for our national library if their service is so bad. :thumbsd:

Think we should let this rest,the uncles and aunties might only earn less than dunno how many percent of our pay.
Also i would learn to respect the elderly.
I come in peace.;)

zaxh81 said:
Think we should let this rest,the uncles and aunties might only earn less than dunno how many percent of our pay.
Also i would learn to respect the elderly.
I come in peace.;)

i think this has nothing to do with their pay. i believe most of us repect the elderly but the problem is with someone who happens to be an elderly working at a F&B establishment who shouted at the customer.

i think should complain to Hans' restaurant manager right there and then on the day you guys got the yelling. but as for all we know, the lady who shouted may have left Hans by now ? writing to ST ? by all means write but please bear in mind that ST also filters their articles to be publiched. good luck trying :)

speaking of which, there're black sheeps in all restaurants. i'll still patronise Hans as i have a habit of getting their sandwiches for breakie as they're reasonably priced and delicious to me.

Actually, i think ...
no matter you think the thread starter is right or the "old uncle" is right, complain or dun complain ...
the simple question is,
after you read the first post,
and if you believe what it said is true,
will you go back to the same restaurant ?

if you think the uncle did nothing wrong, will you go there to enjoy food + "shouting service" ? that will be an intresting experience ...:embrass:

ledmirage said:
if you think the uncle did nothing wrong, will you go there to enjoy food + "shouting service" ? that will be an intresting experience ...:embrass:

uh if you're a big fan of Han's why not? :bsmilie: or at least another branch lah.

don't let misplaced sympathy for the elderly take away your rights to be treated fairly and with decency as a customer.

the old guy applied to work, he did not ask for charity.

You paid for your food, you expect some form of politeness.

nuff said chaps.

schon said:
uh if you're a big fan of Han's why not? :bsmilie: or at least another branch lah.

if u r big fan of Hans should have higher expectation ? and ppl said the higher expetation, the bigger disappointment ? ;p :devil:

and not all restaurant has branch also ...

anyway what i trying to say is as long as this kind of thing happens, whether u think the restaurant stuff did the right or wrong thing, damage has been done, bad impression to the customer and to others who heard abt it ... i won't say i will totally condemn it but if possible i will try to avoid going there, why u want to pay to suffer ? :embrass:

Deadpoet said:
Of course, I always have something meaningful to say. Let's start.

Try to read the entire post before commenting is something meaningful to say. That way, the comment will make sense.

By the way, thank you for trolling me. Is this the third thread you have follow me around? You made my day :)

did i make yr day again :)

evq said:
Here, virtually no one return their trays in Fast food restaurants, though u can still find signs saying: Return Trays Here.
U hardly find these in other countries. They practice returning trays after use.

in japan especially in fast food restaurants almost all return their trays when they finished their meal.

Quiksilvers said:
did i make yr day again :)
Quicksilver, whoever you might be, and which ever mask you are hidding behind, always nice to have a personal troll. Any other CSers can claim that someone went through all the trouble to register a nick just to be his/hers troll? Probably not. Q here, all 6 posts todate, were trolling me.

Quicksilver, thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.