Ultra wide angle lens, DA14 or DA12-24?

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much is JB selling??? any ideas??

From PhotoMalaysia, KL selling DA14 with free filter for RM17XX (JB should be around this price without filter), Penang selling DA 10-17 for RM15XX (JB normally RM20-50 more expensive);)

hi feng wei,
how much you pay for your DA10-17??? looks very fun lens to play around.....

I got mine from the States. A bit cheaper than local ones, but not by much ...

Better get the one Vulpix is selling. That's a great buy :)

thought 2 week ago cathey have one piece at $680 10-17 do not know still available;p

thought 2 week ago cathey have one piece at $680 10-17 do not know still available;p

That's odd... I asked them about 2 weeks ago and got quoted $730.
Either you know the sales guy well, or I look like foreigner or carrot-head. :what:
In any case, next time I wanna buy stuff from them must go through you liaoz.... ;)

That's odd... I asked them about 2 weeks ago and got quoted $730.
Either you know the sales guy well, or I look like foreigner or carrot-head. :what:
In any case, next time I wanna buy stuff from them must go through you liaoz.... ;)

Sometimes it depends on which sales guy serve you also.

I love 14mm f2.8 and its early version was considered inferior to Da12-24 ...

However, Da14mm f2.8 is so much more versatile in terms of brighter view finder while shooting at night and it is a sharp lens regardless even at the corner wide open.

74759363.jpg

75796196.jpg

75800022.jpg

Speaking of Fish eye, the corners are unfortunately going to be soft ... But the effect is addictive and I love it quite a lot. For travel and hobby, I would consider DA14 f2.8 as a first choice given these options.

79467998.jpg

77680181.jpg

Cheers

James

I love 14mm f2.8 and its early version was considered inferior to Da12-24 ...

However, Da14mm f2.8 is so much more versatile in terms of brighter view finder while shooting at night and it is a sharp lens regardless even at the corner wide open.

75800022.jpg

Speaking of Fish eye, the corners are unfortunately going to be soft ... But the effect is addictive and I love it quite a lot. For travel and hobby, I would consider DA14 f2.8 as a first choice given these options.

Cheers

James

Hi James,
I like this one! I've been trying to do one like this ever since a similar one appeared in a photo magazine but I have a phobia now because while in Hong Kong, when I tried to catch such a scene, the person was not all that pleased and neither were fellow hawkers.
Good one. I would have loved to see you take another one with WB set to "tungsten"...
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.