Tripod - please help with the choice

Hi, just checking.. I'm looking at the Sirui range of tripods. Apart from getting the tripod+head, I need the plates too right ?

So for e.g my damage should be

N-1004 + G10 $199.00
TY-50 $23.00

Prices taken from https://www.facebook.com/tkfoto?sk=app_6009294086

The G10 in the package will come with a plate la.

Oh ok.. thanks... I was at tk browsing around yesterday but it didn't occur that I need to get plates separately till I saw the prices. :)

The plates are more of a spare thing, if you want to use another camera on the same Ballhead but don't want to shift plates around the camera bodies, then you can buy a spare to attach to yoru other body.

Or well, if you lose the plate - though I don't see how that could happen. :)

edutilos- said:
The plates are more of a spare thing, if you want to use another camera on the same Ballhead but don't want to shift plates around the camera bodies, then you can buy a spare to attach to yoru other body.

Or well, if you lose the plate - though I don't see how that could happen. :)

Not impossible, if u use a sidekick, u will have to remove your plate. And the one attaching to your tripod collar is likely a longer plate. That's when "accident" happens.

Gitzo ocean traveler is a Carbon Fiber tripod with stainless steel parts. Stainless steel is not exactly the same as the steel in other steel tripods.

Agreed.

My concern would be with the top heaviness of a stainless steel top combined with the lightweight bottom. the centre of gravity is rather high.