tripod for sony h9

Status
Not open for further replies.

desmondnwx

May 19, 2007
bukit merah view
www.flickr.com
wanted to get a tripod for some better night shots. been checking around. sony has 1 tripod which cost 55 dollars. was rather expensive. anybody have any good exprience with any tripods for sony dsc h9?

wanted to get a tripod for some better night shots. been checking around. sony has 1 tripod which cost 55 dollars. was rather expensive. anybody have any good exprience with any tripods for sony dsc h9?

$55 for a tripod is expensive?:dunno: then i must be mad to spend on a tripod which cost more $100 ;p :sweat: .. just joking bro..how much were u expecting to spend on a tripod??

$55 for a tripod is expensive?:dunno: then i must be mad to spend on a tripod which cost more $100 ;p :sweat: .. just joking bro..how much were u expecting to spend on a tripod??

hahaha from all the reviews and threads. theres a thinking that a tripod shouldnt be that much. thats what i think. wow. your tripod made of gold!

Dun skim on tripods. If you get a tripod that is not sturdy, your camera may topple and it's gonna cost you more. Usually for DSLRs, our tripods are above $150 and can go up to $300-400. Better to invest in a good one that will last you a long-long time. You can change your camera but still use the tripod years down the road. So better to invest in a better one. Do check out PPCP or Benro for a value for money tripod.

my tripod costs more than 300 dollars and you says 55 dollars expensive.

Hey guys, be kind lar... he's new...

Anyway desmond, try the smaller tripods from Manfrotto or Giottos - they are cheaper but dun expect to pay less than $100. It's worth the money as they will properly stabilise your camera... try not to get those cheaper silver aluminium models. They tend not to be made so well. Since your camera is so light, I think a Slik Sprint Pro will do.

hahaha from all the reviews and threads. theres a thinking that a tripod shouldnt be that much. thats what i think. wow. your tripod made of gold!

Gold? then its gonna be worth more then hundreds:sweat: ..mine is just a simple manfrotto..sturdy piece of equipment...so far..so gd..

We buy tripod as a matter of need really. H9 is not heavy at all, so it don't really need a sturdy and expensive tripod for it. But if the user is looking forward to upgrade to DSLR, then it's better to get a more expensive and sturdy tripod, so can safe cost and don't need to upgrade to better tripod in the future.

Occasionally there are cheap 2nd hand tripod or gift from purchase on sales at the B&S section.

Think for H9, if you are not going to do low angle shots, e.g for macros, just a normal tripod will do. Mustafa sells a small one at $10. Should be able to support your camera comfortably. Around 30cm in length (folded) and less than 500 g. Other camera shops also have cheap tripods. But if you need to go low, less than 30 cm, then can get a mini table top tripod also.

And to add on, those cheap tripods probably cant go more than 1.5m even with the centre column fully extended, which is unrecommended, especially since its made of weaker materials hence will be unstable. So tall people have to crouch.

If you intend to upgrade to a DSLR, it will be better/safer for you to purchase a better tripod. I myself have 2 tripod, PPCP cost slightly above S$150, Monfrotto cost me over S$300. A good tripod will last thru the years. My Monfrotto still serve me well since I bought it more than 8 years ago. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.