Tripod difficult to carry

but no tripod, no these shots......

3168575846_378e7b9f17.jpg

3119572413_d5baecc2b1.jpg

4766929384_8c6408f80e.jpg

4757321561_40cee468c3.jpg

As usual, you excite me with your wonderful shots. I'm 89 going on 90 and carrying the extra weight on holidays is a great nuisance. With walking stick on one hand and camera on the other. Climbing rocks and stairs just to get a good shot is not my forte anymore. If there's a young man to carry the stuff for me, that will be great.:cool:

About 184cm. I have a 3.5kg, 2m tall studio tripod and the cheapo but light-ish Fancier 662 for travel/lightstand. I do wish for a smaller tripod when traveling/hiking though. :(

u may want to try this?

http://www.siruiusa.com/tripods/m3204.htm

its 1.77m tall... but 1.7kg (without ball head) but still lighter then your existing tripod. ;p

As usual, you excite me with your wonderful shots. I'm 89 going on 90 and carrying the extra weight on holidays is a great nuisance. With walking stick on one hand and camera on the other. Climbing rocks and stairs just to get a good shot is not my forte anymore. If there's a young man to carry the stuff for me, that will be great.:cool:

Why not get a monpod instead? They are lighter that tripods but you cannot leave the camera alone though as there is only that single leg.

But it's carbon fibre... Surely out of my budget. Tripods are the only thing I hardly use for my kind of photography so I won't splurge. Only need 'em when vacationing, and the prices on those traveling tripods are a killer... :sweat:

:bsmilie:

i use a tripod where when my camera is mounted, cannot see the vf without tiptoeing

I did that once with the 2m tripod during National Day a few years back, just to tower above other outstretched tripods in my vicinity blocking my view. (Out of spite too, probably) :bsmilie:

But it's carbon fibre... Surely out of my budget. Tripods are the only thing I hardly use for my kind of photography so I won't splurge. Only need 'em when vacationing, and the prices on those traveling tripods are a killer... :sweat:

I did that once with the 2m tripod during National Day a few years back, just to tower above other outstretched tripods in my vicinity blocking my view. (Out of spite too, probably) :bsmilie:

a good tripod can last u 10 years at least (for casual users)

anyway sirui brand is not that expensive as compared to gitzo.

i got their traveller T series for $360 with ball head.

i dun use tripod that often also... but before this, i only use 0.5 out of 10 times with my old slik tripod but now i am using at least 3-4 out of 10 times since its much lighter now (more motivation for me to bring out to use).

Last edited:
uncle hotwork77...

nice place you live in.... ;)

good to know that at your age, you are still very much into photography.... a great source of encouragement...for a man 1/2 your age...

Last edited: