Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drudkh said:
take IPPT ok, just abolish RT la. :sweatsm:

Hrm... that's not fair for some pple out there who enjoys going RT.

My vote is both IPPT and RT should be on volunteering basis. Happy ? Go. Not happy? Don't go.

;p

Shodan99 said:
Hmm... I haven't been through any reservist yet. So I guess I am a little lucky.

You won't said that if they throw you your first ICT letter on your 30 years old birthday. :sticktong

togu said:
You won't said that if they throw you your first ICT letter on your 30 years old birthday. :sticktong

Truth, got 1 friend got it when he is 33 year old liao.:thumbsd: Sad for him.:cry:

Well someone I know got it when he was 37 years old.

amospi said:
Truth, got 1 friend got it when he is 33 year old liao.:thumbsd: Sad for him.:cry:

vince123123 said:
Well someone I know got it when he was 37 years old.

Liao................:hung:

togu said:

that's why i am actually quite happy that i got my ICT letter immediately after ORD...and got ICT/IPPT every year, at least at this age i can still run and pass easily

some of my platoon mate tried to defer, but in the end they were posted to another unit, this is even worse because they will be alone in the new unit with no friends. some of them also got their vocation changed because of this

togu said:
Hrm... that's not fair for some pple out there who enjoys going RT.

My vote is both IPPT and RT should be on volunteering basis. Happy ? Go. Not happy? Don't go.

;p

I now knows, Mods got to be the man behind the desk for reservist unit, they always say happy come, not happy don't come, gd for reservist man.........:)

:thumbsup:

Drudkh said:
SINGAPORE : The training cycle for Operationally-Ready National Servicemen (ORNS) will be reduced from 13 to 10 years with effect from April 1 next year.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/162640/1/.html

:cheergal: :cheergal:

Pui :angry: , I have already complete 12 ICT.

Does this mean that now I should be R.O.D liao ? :lovegrin:

vince123123 said:
I think the more impt qn is whether the no. of high key years are reduced as well. If not, it doens't make that much of a difference.

Though the 3 years of training (low key, only 2 days each) are cancelled, it still gives some relief for me. At least, I don't have to go for IPPT & remedial training after my ten years of NS.
For those who failed IPPT, they have to go for RT for 2 months and have to take leave from their work to go for the RT. That is very inconvenient and a bloody waste of time.

Wai said:
that's why i am actually quite happy that i got my ICT letter immediately after ORD...and got ICT/IPPT every year, at least at this age i can still run and pass easily

some of my platoon mate tried to defer, but in the end they were posted to another unit, this is even worse because they will be alone in the new unit with no friends. some of them also got their vocation changed because of this

Ya true man. If your conduct/attendence not good, your unit can kick you out and post to some other jialet unit. :)

King Tiger said:
IPPT phase out.

SOC come in. :devil: :devil:

You outta your mind! :eek:

Since SAF going hi-tech now, why not just do everything on computer?

#1 priority, port the IPPT to computer simulation. I see if I can come up with the software to sell to SAF.

Well yea the IPPT/RT is a pain.

But if not counting RT, I think I'd rather have Z x 1 days of ICT rather than 1 X Z days. ie more low keys are preferable to few high keys.

If they going to make me have 10 high keys, I think I'd rather take the old system.

johnlim said:
Though the 3 years of training (low key, only 2 days each) are cancelled, it still gives some relief for me. At least, I don't have to go for IPPT & remedial training after my ten years of NS.
For those who failed IPPT, they have to go for RT for 2 months and have to take leave from their work to go for the RT. That is very inconvenient and a bloody waste of time.

AReality said:
Since SAF going hi-tech now, why not just do everything on computer?

#1 priority, port the IPPT to computer simulation. I see if I can come up with the software to sell to SAF.

Hey! That's a good idea - over-clock your PC and you surely will get gold award and $400.

Shodan99 said:
Hmm... I haven't been through any reservist yet. So I guess I am a little lucky.

not to " suey chui "

me too... haven kana..

so, it that good or bad ??? :think:

let me share with u guys how to siam IPPT.

get close to the clerks, especially the IPPT one. he/she can 'do something' about it one. my fat fat sergeant no need to take ippt for 3 or 4 years, no RT some more...why??? bcos he 'sacrifice' himself and got close to the clerk (302 type)... let u guys imagine.

actually not only ippt, it applies to ICT as well, no kidding.

i finished my 13 year ICT liao, now in MR. no more ippt ---> no more extra money :cry:

amospi said:
In singapore:)
Too many good thing = election :sweatsm:

ehh .. maybe ... but in JC ... cos of the elections, the JC is a holding location ... so prelims kenna moved .. .FOWARD!!! ... bad bad :sweat:

Yeowww said:
let me share with u guys how to siam IPPT.

get close to the clerks, especially the IPPT one. he/she can 'do something' about it one. my fat fat sergeant no need to take ippt for 3 or 4 years, no RT some more...why??? bcos he 'sacrifice' himself and got close to the clerk (302 type)... let u guys imagine.

actually not only ippt, it applies to ICT as well, no kidding.

i finished my 13 year ICT liao, now in MR. no more ippt ---> no more extra money :cry:

no it's not possible to siam now, unless you've been downgraded permanently or you have a long excuse. there is a system to track IPPT and RT attendance, there's no way you can run away, unless there's a glitch. from the clerk's side he can only do minimum to help you. no matter how close you are to the clerk, he cannot help you to siam anything, else he'll be in trouble also.

Status
Not open for further replies.