Train squeeze

well done!

and i suspect maybe it is due to obedient sg ppl.. as long as the execuse sounds "pro" enough, it must be good..

just hope more locals will go 3rd world countries and experience how they live, travel there.. will be eye opener.. won't get con so easily..

neh mind. since we wanna compete, lets compete POPULATION DENSITY!

i'm still trying to figure out what is going on with the white paper. i can't seem to understand how they got their trends/predictions and they didn't show either...

If this was a term paper, I would have no qualms failing it - whether or not I agree with it.
` Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy Senior Fellow, Donald Low

Last edited:
How can we compare ourselves to the Japanese?

They moved to the center of the cabin to allow ppl to get into the train. Considerate ppl... They accept that ppl just want to be at work on time.

Us? Purposely block ppl from boarding the train so that they have Comfortable Space. Squeeze in, give u unhappy look..

Some still mumble mumble. I always kept quiet but my wife just can't resist a go at them.

Headache....

Michael Wolf has documented this misery in a series of photos over 15 years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2235224/Photos-reveal-squashed-Tokyo-subway-commuters-squeezed-trains.html#axzz2K2hloTPp

This is likely to be an inter-city train and the next destination is very far away; where upon arrrival most if not all of the passengers alight from the train.

Because it is inconceivable how anyone in the middle of the sardine crush inside, can get out to alight if the rest do not similarly alight at the next station.

It is not something to admire. It is the result of poor city planning. When the planning is so bad (maybe on purpose?), rich developers make a killing selling over-priced properties.
Tokyo has 13.2 M people. That is about 10% of the population.
Tokyo has 0.6% of Japan's land size.

Property prices are so high in central cities that the ordinary workers have to stay far away. So far away that they need to take a train to work. We are talking about an from outer suburbs to inner-city train, not just the MRT within the city.

If people have to be squeezed like that it means the train frequency is way below required standard.
The ordinary Japanese workers should not stoically tolerate this from their fat cat politicians.

Last edited:
Not mentioned that the property bubble burst brought decade long depression.
Japan has one of the highest suicide rate in the world... but we can catch up in that department :bsmilie:

I have lived in Japan. I can say for sure that (a) the video is real, and (b) it happens everyday during peak hours.

What happens if I am stuffed up behind a lady and suddenly have an erection? Will it be considered molest? So do men have to castrate themselves once the train gets too crowded?

Our women can comfortably ride in train

In Dubai MTR, the first carriage are first class whereby there is a conductor to check if you have paid more for more exclusive ride.

How can we compare ourselves to the Japanese?

They moved to the center of the cabin to allow ppl to get into the train. Considerate ppl... They accept that ppl just want to be at work on time.

Us? Purposely block ppl from boarding the train so that they have Comfortable Space. Squeeze in, give u unhappy look..

Some still mumble mumble. I always kept quiet but my wife just can't resist a go at them.

Headache....

My solution is to push my way in and out of train when dealing with inconsiderate people.....

Then you have people who want to watch their video n play games in a packed carriage.....

In Dubai MTR, the first carriage are first class whereby there is a conductor to check if you have paid more for more exclusive ride.

I think in sg, we should hv different size gantry. .... those xxl should pay more and those with baby stroller. ..

Who got squeezed? Where?

If our MRT has train cabins exclusively for Singaporeans only (foreigners in other cabins), would most Singaporeans be willing to pay slightly more to be there? Hmm.... Is that considered being discriminatory?

What do you think is the real effect of what Dubai did? Which foreign worker in Dubai can afford first class carriage? So in effect what Dubai did is the same as banning foreigners from sitting with their citizens.

Last edited:
If our MRT has train cabins exclusively for Singaporeans only (foreigners in other cabins), would most Singaporeans be willing to pay slightly more to be there? Hmm.... Is that considered being discriminatory?

What do you think is the real effect of what Dubai did? Which foreign worker in Dubai can afford first class carriage? So in effect what Dubai did is the same as banning foreigners from sitting with their citizens.

No lah. Anyone can buy the first class tickets. Just pay more.

The diff is most citizens and expats in Dubai would have a car. So is different model as Singapore.

Yes. A very dangerous and slippy road you create here. Have a look at South Africa's history. How would you feel if you come to Europe and in Berlin they tell you "Hey you, Asians to the back or pay triple."?
Luckily, beside the obvious political obstacles your government will not consider this anyway: hard to control / enforce and no economic value.

Bro are suffering from Xenophobia?

So have you been to Dubai and tried the train? did you end up in the non 1st class, coz you're not a citizen or not rich enough?

Last edited:
Bro are suffering from Xenophobia?

So have you been to Dubai and tried the train? did you end up in the non 1st class, coz you're not a citizen or not rich enough?

Its because uncle not wearing white robe.. :bsmilie:

I don't like to be in a packed train. Some time tio molested by aunty. Ha ha! Pity those got sadine daily.

I don't like to be in a packed train. Some time tio molested by aunty. Ha ha! Pity those got sadine daily.

Sometimes not that all bad... I got experience once SYT rub her two ehem at my shoulder and guess what? She's the one who said "oh sorry" I was shock but even shock at my response "its ok no probs anytime " I don't why I said that hehe

Sometimes not that all bad... I got experience once SYT rub her two ehem at my shoulder and guess what? She's the one who said "oh sorry" I was shock but even shock at my response "its ok no probs anytime " I don't why I said that hehe

lol! That was a wicked response. ;)

It was a nice massage, continue please!