Status
Not open for further replies.

fatjp

Apr 19, 2005
Khatib
fatjp.livejournal.com
tokina.jpg

just got it from a email equate

the 12-24 is great. can't do without it on a 1.5x crop.

the tokina is better built than nikon's offering. very sharp and good contrast. Nikon's 12-24 has more accurate colour reproduction though. if you don't need the AFS just go for the Tokina.

yes, comments on the macro will be welcome, anyone shooting with it?

Hi,

Saw in today's papers that Cathay is dropping the price of the 12-24mm??? to $899??

Is this true?

Wonder will there be promotion for other Tokina lenses??

Thanks

It is true. I was there 2 days ago for the 100mm f2.8 Macro, but they said promotion over. They were trying to push the 12-24mm to me at $899.

Looks like the 12-24 is a good buy. Only thing is that it comes with those "free gift" that might not be that useful to most of us. Wonder if there is any further discount without the gift.

As for the macro lens, it seems to be really very cheap compared to similar offering from Tamron and Sigma. Anyone has tested it?

yup,if cheaper without those freebies would be good.

$889 + 5% gst =$933.45

if $889 with gst then i going down later.

I thought it is very clear that any merchant who displays a price in Singapore should be including GST, in order not to cause any confusion. Except for stuff "For Export"

yeah, wld like to know too on the performance of the tokina 100mm macro lens compared especially with nikon's micro lens (e.g. 105mm micro).

already own the tokina 12-24mm. the built is great. really gd value.

buy one and tell us more !!!

zaxh81 said:
$889 + 5% gst =$933.45

Yah, I also interested to know if price is inclusive of GST or not.

Cathay advertised this lens in today's Straits Times too.

I am deciding whether to buy it from Cathay with warranty+freebies, or buy from Hong Kong grey set (about SGD$738).

clicknick said:
Yah, I also interested to know if price is inclusive of GST or not.

Cathay advertised this lens in today's Straits Times too.

I am deciding whether to buy it from Cathay with warranty+freebies, or buy from Hong Kong grey set (about SGD$738).

on cathay web,

All offers listed are in cash term and exclusive of GST. Offers are subject to change without prior notice.

Hongkong price is $807 with warrenty lor,provided someone go there lah.

zaxh81 said:
on cathay web,

All offers listed are in cash term and exclusive of GST. Offers are subject to change without prior notice.

Hongkong price is $807 with warrenty lor,provided someone go there lah.

Hi,
thanks for reply.

Can let me know which shop in HK sells $807 with warranty? And is the warranty applicable in Singapore?

clicknick said:
Hi,
thanks for reply.

Can let me know which shop in HK sells $807 with warranty? And is the warranty applicable in Singapore?

PMed you.;)

zaxh81 said:
$889 + 5% gst =$933.45

not sure this has been shared yet, but i think the $889 is excl. GST. see CP promo website (clause written at the top, "All offers listed are in cash term and exclusive of GST. Offers are subject to change without prior notice.")

http://www.cathayphoto.com.sg/specialoffers/

Status
Not open for further replies.