Tokina 80-400mm discontinued and out of stock!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanly

Oct 30, 2005
East
A recent check with several stores in Singapore, I've realised that the 80-400mm lens from Tokina is discontinued and out of stock....:bigeyes:

I wonder if this is becos Tokina is launching its new 80-400mm lens......hmmm....:dunno:

Stanly said:
A recent check with several stores in Singapore, I've realised that the 80-400mm lens from Tokina is discontinued and out of stock....:bigeyes:

I wonder if this is becos Tokina is launching its new 80-400mm lens......hmmm....:dunno:

I don't think so but I think the AT-X 840 AF-II 80-400 mm f/4.5-5.6 has been superseded by the AT-X840 AF D. No more support for Minolta.:(

smtan24 said:
I don't think so but I think the AT-X 840 AF-II 80-400 mm f/4.5-5.6 has been superseded by the AT-X840 AF D. No more support for Minolta.:(

Hmm....but I wonder how come no stock for the lens?? :?

And most sellers are recommending 500mm zoom lens when I ask for alternatives.....hmmm....:bsmilie:

the new tokina 80-400 has been out for sometime already. maybe just no interest in it to justify bringing it in.

I think big percentage of buyers still prefers to spent a little more and even much more for one with USM/AFS/HSM/SSM and big big thing-The IS/VR, both is lacking in Tokina, too bad as Tokina do make good quality lenses. :cry:

This might be an end to another good company!

I've been asking CP countless times, but they just keep saying Tokina does not have a fixed schedule in sending them. :dunno:

Not that i care much, I rather buy from HK. Much cheaper and equivalent warranty.

I've been considering the new Tokina 80-400 (~$700 to $900) vs Nikkor 80-400 VR ($2000-2200). Assuming the image quality is similar, there's the issue of VR. VR does help in determining whether you can do 400mm shots handheld in cloudy conditions.

Consider the environment you will be using the lens for. Most people will require VR.

supposed next month. waiting for my store to call me to help try out the FE :heart:

Ramius said:
I've been asking CP countless times, but they just keep saying Tokina does not have a fixed schedule in sending them. :dunno:

Not that i care much, I rather buy from HK. Much cheaper and equivalent warranty.

I've been considering the new Tokina 80-400 (~$700 to $900) vs Nikkor 80-400 VR ($2000-2200). Assuming the image quality is similar, there's the issue of VR. VR does help in determining whether you can do 400mm shots handheld in cloudy conditions.

Consider the environment you will be using the lens for. Most people will require VR.

Wow....then I should buy Tokina in Hongkong......;)

Status
Not open for further replies.