To Google or Not to Google??

thanks tat was very useful

any other tips in googling more accurately ?

There is an advance search page :lovegrin:

http://www.google.com.sg/advanced_search?hl=en
and it has a userguide http://www.google.com.sg/support/websearch/bin/answer.py?answer=35890

As for those who want to google Sora Aoi :nono: and get even more accurate search then
http://www.google.com.sg/language_tools?hl=en

By the way in this page also there are a lot of flags of the world - good for kids doing school project :angel:

I guess some of you guys know what this thread for...... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

anyway, just share with you guys I really like Google very much, and hope Google will love me very much too (put my site at the top of the search) hehe.

I Google anything I want to know, from looking for phone number of Canadian Piazza, to find out 1 mile is how many meters, even looking for Chinese to English Dictionary, can't remember how many things I Google in a day.

Just let everybody know that whenever I search for some information I need, I need go to a new forum, or group, I always look for FAQ or sticky threads, usually it has all the information I need, and I also do a lot search in their forum or groups, becos I know it is very annoying when seeing someone asking a question has be answered countless times. It is wasting everybody time even nobody is answering it, and yes, it is also wasting the bandwidth and resource as well.

Nevertheless, what kind of answers you'll get, it depends how the question being asked. Ask in a nice way, you will get polite replies. Ask without much thinking, you may get very blunt answers.

So please, let us everyone in this forum make this place a better for everybody. :)

Thanks for bringing this up. Good to raise the awareness on this topic as:
(a) Server bandwidth & resources running out
(b) Patience some CS-ers are even running out faster (lol)

Just a little feedback on the search engine on CS, there is a limitation on the number of alphabets that you can put in, I think it's 3 or 4.

E.g. if I want to look for canon 5d, typing "5D" or even "EOS 5D" will not throw up any results. Even typing "Canon 5D" will throw up only matches for the word "canon".

Hope something can be done. I know that by removing or reducing the alphabet limitation, it may result in longer search times... but at least it will help CS-ers to better look for that elusive answer.

Just a little feedback on the search engine on CS, there is a limitation on the number of alphabets that you can put in, I think it's 3 or 4.

E.g. if I want to look for canon 5d, typing "5D" or even "EOS 5D" will not throw up any results. Even typing "Canon 5D" will throw up only matches for the word "canon".

Hope something can be done. I know that by removing or reducing the alphabet limitation, it may result in longer search times... but at least it will help CS-ers to better look for that elusive answer.

erm. try it now.. i thought search engine was changed already

Let Me Google That For You! ;p:bsmilie:

Let Me Google That For You! ;p:bsmilie:

lmgtfy.com FTW!

Combine it with tinyurl so they don't suspect a thing. :bsmilie:

Last edited:

you are welcome, as I believe this is due to the limitation of the forum search engine, at other forums using vBulletin like us also have same limitation.

You can try the using advance search of Google to search in our forum.

And one thing I always hope members can use proper term in their thread title, refrain using Acronyms or some sort secret code. this will help others understand their thread, and also let others able to find some useful answer when using forum search engine.