Tips for the guys~

What the hell are you on about?

Is it suppose to be sarcastic? Where in the rule of fashion is that you can never dine with people who dress lousier than you?

Dressing well, wearing nice fitting clothe is so that you make a good first impression.

street etiquette is one of my favourite fashion blog and the 2 writers are from Bronx. Shouldn't they be wearing oversized, shirt with New Era caps to the side instead of wingtips and colour co-ordinated pocket squares?

nice blog!

well it certainly looks out of place. i had a polytechnic acquaintance who ONLY WORE expensive branded nice clothing. but he always had NO MONEY; simply because he's poor, cared only for how he looked. dined at food courts and looked super out of place with us who were dressed in G2000 and OP back then.

did you know what's the first thought people think of him? "so poor still want to act rich". you can be dressed to the nines but when you stand out from the crowd that's when the criticisms come. be prepared for it.

first impressions don't count when you open your mouth and all that comes out is filth you know. clothes maketh the man, but the mouth will destroy what the clothes portray.
one good example: Ris Low

i have a friend who wears slippers, polo tees and shorts most of the time, and carries a plain-looking sling bag. people dismiss him as some vagrant, but if you look closely, he's wearing LV, Prada, D&G, A|X, Hugo Boss etc from head to toe. going out with him, we don't even need to be well-dressed (i.e. shorts and slippers) to sit at a restaurant at Holland Village with simple drinks that go into the tens of dollars. just open his wallet....and bam! we've got a table.

that being said, true, first impressions count. but not all the time. i can dress in a simple get-up of t-shirt, shorts and slippers. yet i'm always mistaken for being a rich kid (i'm actually very very poor). it's the way you carry yourself and speak that's important as well.

DRESSING WELL is only part of it. how you behave in well-fitting clothes also affects how people look at you.
Well pardon me for speaking too fast. I do agree, Wearing boots with 1000 dior suite to kopitiam is definitely retarded. I wasn't looking so far, I was more on the line of shirt and chinos.

nice blog!
Yea. The photography is amazing. So are the clothes.

I highly recommend you check out the satorialist. He is the most influential figure in street wear right now. And I love his photography.

Yea. The photography is amazing. So are the clothes.

I highly recommend you check out the satorialist. He is the most influential figure in street wear right now. And I love his photography.

:thumbsup: these blogs are great, too bad we can't dress like that in singapore. :bsmilie:

i would like to dress like that one day but my big beer gut would show out

I rather have friends that wear t-shirt and slippers but speak well than a fashion minded person who yet to learn how to agree with disagreement in a socially acceptable tone. :bsmilie:

Dont all men like to look good?

I don't see any wrong in wearing jersey out... :dunno:

kei1309 said:
well it certainly looks out of place. i had a polytechnic acquaintance who ONLY WORE expensive branded nice clothing. but he always had NO MONEY; simply because he's poor, cared only for how he looked. dined at food courts and looked super out of place with us who were dressed in G2000 and OP back then.

did you know what's the first thought people think of him? "so poor still want to act rich". you can be dressed to the nines but when you stand out from the crowd that's when the criticisms come. be prepared for it.

first impressions don't count when you open your mouth and all that comes out is filth you know. clothes maketh the man, but the mouth will destroy what the clothes portray.
one good example: Ris Low

i have a friend who wears slippers, polo tees and shorts most of the time, and carries a plain-looking sling bag. people dismiss him as some vagrant, but if you look closely, he's wearing LV, Prada, D&G, A|X, Hugo Boss etc from head to toe. going out with him, we don't even need to be well-dressed (i.e. shorts and slippers) to sit at a restaurant at Holland Village with simple drinks that go into the tens of dollars. just open his wallet....and bam! we've got a table.

that being said, true, first impressions count. but not all the time. i can dress in a simple get-up of t-shirt, shorts and slippers. yet i'm always mistaken for being a rich kid (i'm actually very very poor). it's the way you carry yourself and speak that's important as well.

DRESSING WELL is only part of it. how you behave in well-fitting clothes also affects how people look at you.

The price of your clothes doesn't matter as long the combination is matching and you dress appropriately. I have very wealthy friends who don't wear designer clothes. It's what inside the wallet that matters and yes, behaviour. :)

Indescribable said:
I don't see any wrong in wearing jersey out... :dunno:

I think nothing wrong for guys to wear jersey out. I agree with everything about the yahoo post except the jersey part. Just don't wear it to a wedding dinner, musical, play, anywhere u need to dress properly and don't wear it out on your first date as the material make some people's perspiration smell worse.

Last edited:
The price of your clothes doesn't matter as long the combination is matching and you dress appropriately. I have very wealthy friends who don't wear designer clothes. It's what inside the wallet that matters and yes, behaviour. :)

I think nothing wrong for guys to wear jersey out. I agree with everything about the yahoo post except the jersey part. Just don't wear it to a wedding dinner, musical, play, anywhere u need to dress properly and don't wear it out on your first date as the material make some people's perspiration smell worse.

Hey where did u learn all tht from? ;p

Hey where did u learn all tht from? ;p

tsk tsk leowyien changing target so soon?

LOL some people know how to match clothing naturally and know what looks good on them.

others just follow blindly and it become a fashion disaster or wardrobe malfunction.

for me wearing soccer jerseys? i'm not a fan of soccer. HAHA but i would say, know when to wear them. to a pub, to the mall, YES. but to formal events, the office and dates with the girlfriend, i'd say NO NO NO

Yep! Casual wear no problem ma, furthermore its not like we're wearing some cheapo clothing :bsmilie:

not into designer labels but i usually dress

1. in clothes that i am comfortable in
2 in a way that respect my friends when I meet them

a balancing act but perfectly doable

p/s and I pray for the day that Tommy H and A&F just becomes a bad memory LOL :bsmilie:

Last edited: