The Official Nintendo DS discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, Most probably coming or next weekend. At the f-Stop cafe (Have to wait for them to officially open)

Sunday Mornings?

Advance Wars got hot-seat mode... though there's a learning curve to it.
Other than that, I could only think of WarioWare. There's a table-tennis minigame, where each player uses one of the screen to control the bat-swing.

Got those puzzle types where can get more pple thinking. Not necessary must take turns. :)

Hi guys, me also just got a NDS Lite recently !! Initially wanted to get one for my
nephew as birthday gift but in the end I got myself one too.

I'm rather poor at games that need me to jump up and down or to and fro, so Mario
series are out for me. I'm more interested in puzzle games, currently hooked on
Brain Age becos of Sudoku ;) So all NDS experts here, can recommend me any
puzzle game which you think is nice ?? thanks !

Hi guys, me also just got a NDS Lite recently !! Initially wanted to get one for my
nephew as birthday gift but in the end I got myself one too.

I'm rather poor at games that need me to jump up and down or to and fro, so Mario
series are out for me. I'm more interested in puzzle games, currently hooked on
Brain Age becos of Sudoku ;) So all NDS experts here, can recommend me any
puzzle game which you think is nice ?? thanks !

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Got those puzzle types where can get more pple thinking. Not necessary must take turns. :)

Puzzle game take turn kind huh? There's a few titles on DS which have puzzle elements, but sadly they have yet to be translated in english.

Games like Puyo Pop Fever are more Tetris-ish, and Meteos is more competitive... and both need players to have their own DS to multiplay.

Yup! Another Code = Trace Memory. Can't remember which name is for which version though...

Just did a little research, Trace Memory shd be English. Thanks you guys! I wouldn't have given the game a second look. I'll get my hands on one after I completed my Phoenix Wright.

Where is the best place to get Nintendo DS?
Thinking of getting one for my kids.
Any games to recommend?

Where is the best place to get Nintendo DS?
Thinking of getting one for my kids.
Any games to recommend?

Price will range from 230+ to 270+ depending on the bundle I guess. I think bros here are more informed on prices than I am.

As for games, how old are your children? Are they new to gaming?

Price will range from 230+ to 270+ depending on the bundle I guess. I think bros here are more informed on prices than I am.

As for games, how old are your children? Are they new to gaming?

Age 4-7. Girls and new to gaming.

Age 4-7. Girls and new to gaming.

Ok, I ask my nephews (they're about 8 to 10) and will get back to this thread. But if my memory serves me correctly, 4 or 5 is a tiny little bit early for DS's library of games.

My nephews and nieces began gaming with Game Boy Advance when they were at that age, and had to play very old and simple games (those 100-in-one ones) because the mainstream ones are too difficult.

One thing to note though, hand-held games are super addictive to them, and makes them unsociable. My sis had a hard time controlling them, and now only allow them to play during school hols. During which they do nothing but play games. :D

Ok, I ask my nephews (they're about 8 to 10) and will get back to this thread. But if my memory serves me correctly, 4 or 5 is a tiny little bit early for DS's library of games.

My nephews and nieces began gaming with Game Boy Advance when they were at that age, and had to play very old and simple games (those 100-in-one ones) because the mainstream ones are too difficult.

One thing to note though, hand-held games are super addictive to them, and makes them unsociable. My sis had a hard time controlling them, and now only allow them to play during school hols. During which they do nothing but play games. :D

Thanks Shinken. Not looking at mainstream games.

Very true ... hand-held games are addictive. Not going to let them play freely. Going to control it and use it as a carrot. ;)

guys, i'm think of getting a ndsl for myself but not too sure if it 'complements' my age.
just afraid that pple will remark - 'what's this old fart playing with ndsl???"
how young are you guys btw?

I am 26 going to be 27.. I dun think there's anything wrong with us playing NDS.. Although there are some who thinks the PSP is for the mature crowd while NDS is for kids. They are both about entertainment. I bought the NDS coz I find the games more interesting and fun for me.. I play during my trip to and fro work everyday.. Last week I saw this executive wearing tie in his 30s playing his NDS at a quiet coffee joint. He seems to be quite engrossed and really enjoying himself..;)

I am 26 going to be 27.. I dun think there's anything wrong with us playing NDS.. Although there are some who thinks the PSP is for the mature crowd while NDS is for kids. They are both about entertainment. I bought the NDS coz I find the games more interesting and fun for me.. I play during my trip to and fro work everyday.. Last week I saw this executive wearing tie in his 30s playing his NDS at a quiet coffee joint. He seems to be quite engrossed and really enjoying himself..;)

Was the DS pink? LOL. Well, it was meant for my wife, I 'inherited' it and got her the NDS lite...

So far I haven't gotten the stares by being an old fart playing handheld games. But I could have been too engrossed in the games :bsmilie:

I'm thinking of a dark blue ndsl......not a hardcore gamer and have 2 left thumbs when it comes to 'press here;press there' games. RPG is out. Was looking at brain age-type games.

Any ndls gamers here above 37, hands up!

u mean it could be u that i saw?;p Anyway the guy was carrying a black NDS lite.. Haha I really dun care if ppl stare at me for playing handheld games.. At least I am enjoying myself mah..:bsmilie:

Was the DS pink? LOL. Well, it was meant for my wife, I 'inherited' it and got her the NDS lite...

So far I haven't gotten the stares by being an old fart playing handheld games. But I could have been too engrossed in the games :bsmilie:

u mean it could be u that i saw?;p Anyway the guy was carrying a black NDS lite.. Haha I really dun care if ppl stare at me for playing handheld games.. At least I am enjoying myself mah..:bsmilie:
Nah, just kidding. I don't wear ties much. It could be my fren, his is black. :bsmilie:
Geez, why do I get the feeling that I'm like coming out of the closet?

Hi guys, can u help to provide more adventure games title..like..what i know and played has..

1. Resident evil (cops investigate in zombie case)
2. Lost in blue (surviving in an island)

..i like those walk around and crack puzzle..and with story plot..can we add up?

I'm thinking of a dark blue ndsl......not a hardcore gamer and have 2 left thumbs when it comes to 'press here;press there' games. RPG is out. Was looking at brain age-type games.

Any ndls gamers here above 37, hands up!

Not there yet bro. I've seen dads playing under the guise with their kids. So if you've kids it'll help ;)
The dark blue one is really cool. Brings out the lines. Wish I got that one. Apart from Brain Age, there's this Brain Academy which is quite fun too. Forgot to add it to my short reviews. Probably coz I feel sore about having my brain weighing less than my wife's!

Status
Not open for further replies.