The most irritating comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has not, and I didn't claim it has. My response was towards the concept of "what's wrong with repeating ad nauseam the same stuff that has been discussed a million times and explained by people much better than it can be done here and everything is available if one would just bother to search/read".

Of course you can have such a forum, but, to turn your question around, since when has Clubsnap become a forum exclusive to clueless newbies? Just as newbies will complain about the elitism of more knowledgeable fellows, you can expect that people at a level where they are looking for discussions with some more depth will get frustrated rather quickly. Chances are, they won't bother answering newbie questions anymore, which in the end is the loss of the less experienced.

A big hodgepodge of all levels in one place doesn't work, unless everyone makes an attempt to meet somewhere in the middle. That may mean dumbing down posts to make them palatable to newbies, but for newbies it also means putting in the effort on doing their homework and post well-researched questions.

as with all newbies there will always be some clueless wans around, but as a catch-all forum with a wide audience isn't Clubsnap such a place? this is not a school where the Admins or Mods dictate a certain level of photographic competence, & of those at the top of the field should they lower their standards? is the middle ground ideal or a more diverse wan with a wide ranging levels that caters to more levels of photographic interests & competence?

i do agree there are newbies who should at least do a search on any specific topic before flooding a forum with similiar or identical post. who do u think has the powers & authority to keep an eye on the forums?

i am oni a senior member, i cant be going arounding minding others on codes of conducts can i? certainly not the person who decides on the tone Clubsnap takes.

Comments that exploit others especially for their own gain (especially in buy /sell forum, photoshots section)

Comments that highly suspect come from the same person except using multiple accounts

Too many ups and upz by the same person usually by TS in buy/sell + photoshots section

Not so much an irritating comment, but more so an irritating habit- upping ones thread just to stay ahead on the page.

"Upz"
"bumping up for the day"
"anyone?"

This may of relevance to this topic.

A top 10 of irritating expressions has been compiled by researchers at Oxford University. Here goes:

1 - At the end of the day
2 - Fairly unique
3 - I personally
4 - At this moment in time
5 - With all due respect
6 - Absolutely
7 - It's a nightmare
8 - Shouldn't of
9 - 24/7
10 - It's not rocket science

And my comment is:

With all due respect, I personally think that, at this moment in time, you shouldn't of posting this in this Clubsnap forum. It's a nightmare and got tired of seeing this 24/7. Make posts that are fairly unique, it's not rocket science. But at the end of the day it doesn't matter anyway.

Huat ar! :bsmilie:

A top 10 of irritating expressions has been compiled by researchers at Oxford University. Here goes:

1 - At the end of the day (And where does the day end? When you go to bed? Or at 23:59:59? And which time zone?!?)
2 - Fairly unique (Kinda an oxymoron??)
3 - I personally (Stop being obsessed with yourself... referring to yourself once is enough for others to get the idea!)
4 - At this moment in time (And this moment refers to which moment? What is so special about this moment other than it being this moment?!?)
5 - With all due respect (Stop being a hypocrite; you say this only not to offend but in actual fact, you do not genuinely respect that which you are referring to!)
6 - Absolutely (Had too much Vodka?!?)
7 - It's a nightmare (Get over it; be glad you woke up!)
8 - Shouldn't of (What the heck does this mean?!! I don't even think this is gramatically-correct English!)
9 - 24/7 (Wowww... you sure haven't left out a second!)
10 - It's not rocket science (Yeah, I suppose it's just pocket maths then... :bsmilie:)

And my comment is:

With all due respect, I personally think that, at this moment in time, you shouldn't of posting this in this Clubsnap forum. It's a nightmare and got tired of seeing this 24/7. Make posts that are fairly unique, it's not rocket science. But at the end of the day it doesn't matter anyway.

You've absolutely missed out #6! :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Last edited:
Well to be fair and totally objective, I'm not sure if it wasn't justified.

wah, i think i just discovered mod's most irritated comment...

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4687566&postcount=28

Just read that thread.

Very sad, that is the trend currently in CS, ppls are giving :thumbsup: for bad photo...... you give a bit of comments, they and their friends all started to bombard.... hiaz....just let them live in their own illusion....that why i only post photo, but not giving comments.

because the virus is flowing inside most of ours blood. :bsmilie:

Yeahh... that is quite irritating too! ;p
Oh dear.....

you have not really seen it yet, you can found it in almost every threads you open.

until this word have became forbidden, get a stern warning from mod for post this comment.

Oh dear.....

you have not really seen it yet, you can found it in almost every threads you open.

until this word have became forbidden, get a stern warning from mod for post this comment.

Do u have references for official warning posted by mods or admins? :think:
Is SSS still allowed? :bsmilie:

Do u have references for official warning posted by mods or admins? :think:
Is SSS still allowed? :bsmilie:
IIRC, such warning was posted online before, think you stay here long enough, have seen this type posting very often......
***** said:
When in doubt, just buy, if buy wrongly, sell, if have already just buy as back up, if don't have just buy, if too small sell and buy again.

BBB, MTL, buy first, talk later.

* the user id of the ex-member has been removed

IIRC, such warning was posted online before, think you stay here long enough, have seen this type posting very often......

* the user id of the ex-member has been removed

No lah..where got long, long is never enough..:bsmilie:

***** said:
When in doubt, just buy, if buy wrongly, sell, if have already just buy as back up, if don't have just buy, if too small sell and buy again.

BBB, MTL, buy first, talk later.

Wah..this is ultimate!! Strongest jab of BBB virus..:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.