The Face 2005, Pics on CS? Discuss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
vince123123 said:
I suppose they are just trying their luck to see if any photographers will be cowed into submission :p
"cowed"? what's this term suppose to mean? :dunno:

Theorizing on a distract and conquer tactic:

Distract - appear outraged at "misuse" of photographs published and request that it be taken down

Conquer - when the photographer is now intimidated, request that the photographer give a CD.

Just a hypothesis.

From dictionary.com:

Cowed: To frighten with threats or a show of force.

Drudkh said:
"cowed"? what's this term suppose to mean? :dunno:

vince123123 said:
From dictionary.com:

Cowed: To frighten with threats or a show of force.
ohhh... thanks! :)

I like that guy`s idea, reduce to 100X100 and then submit to them. take with HP one. :bsmilie:

vince123123 said:
I suppose they are just trying their luck to see if any photographers will be cowed into submission :p

Tt's why they decide to try one with only 382 posts....
Low post count = newbie,greenhorn,dunno their rights, easily intimidated
High post count = old bird, experienced, knows their right.

ken111111 said:
Tt's why they decide to try one with only 382 posts....
Low post count = newbie,greenhorn,dunno their rights, easily intimidated
High post count = old bird, experienced, knows their right.

huh u newbie ah? tink u shot more events than me haha :)

this is the BIGGEST crog of sh*t I have heard from the board and the BIGGEST joke also.

first of all, I did not receive the PM, since I don't shoot events and never post, but based on what I read posted on this thread, the event organiser are typical brainless morons who probably thought, if they had a brain they may think, but since I cannot think of a better word, I will use think ... wow, so many photog taking pictures, wow, they did not ask me for permission ... why don't I scare them into giving me the pictures so that I can use them for free ...

if it is true that the only motive is to compare the pictures taken/posted to those that got leeched, why need high resolution/A4 size files/images?

this is a blatant attempt to exercise strong arm tactics where the biggest fist wins mentality. i hope none of the photog that posted abide to this ridiculus request.

a note to jodie, disassocite yourself from these ppl, will only make you a persona non grata on the board. you are getting there fast already.

this is my opinion, if you don't like it, sue me!

Deadpoet said:
this is the BIGGEST crog of sh*t I have heard from the board and the BIGGEST joke also.

first of all, I did not receive the PM, since I don't shoot events and never post, but based on what I read posted on this thread, the event organiser are typical brainless morons who probably thought, if they had a brain they may think, but since I cannot think of a better word, I will use think ... wow, so many photog taking pictures wow, they did not ask me for permission ... why don't I scare them into giving me the pictures so that I can use them for free ...

if it is true that the only motive is to compare the pictures taken/posted to those that got leeched, why need high resolution/A4 size files/images?

this is a blatant attempt to exercise strong arm tactics where the biggest fist wins mentality. i hope none of the photog that posted abide to this ridiculus request.

a not to jodie, disassocite yourself from these ppl, will only make you a persona non grata on the board. you are getting there already.

this is my opinion, if you don't like it, sue me!
Very well said! :thumbsup:

eh on a similar note, during another event at J8 (Wacky Waggy Fashion Fun 12 June), we were also approached by one of the organisers who asked for our contacts as her boss wasn't comfortable with ppl who shoot pics of their dogs "professionally" n misuse the pics...

THey are just taking advantage since they see so many cameras there. For them,they may not need to hire photographer(cut cost perhaps?),so they just come out with some "rules" and demand for their photos F.O.C. What a cheap way to get work done. Nowadays 99.9% phones with built-in camera, anyone can shoot anything EVEN at times they say no photography allowed. Whose going to stop them? And for those photos at SGGIRLS or some other websites, somewhere somehow, photos will just get there even if they manage to get every CSer to surrender their photos. So what can they do about that? And it ain't nice to ask fellow CSer to relay such "demands". Like scanner mentioned, nothing is FREE. You want something done, either you do it yourself or you PAY and get it.

hazekang said:
eh if he doesnt want the pics publicised, he can hold a private event instead
Ya , they have no rights to do so .... dont want people to take photos then host in private location and not in the public . This shows that they dont know what they are talking and dont know the RIGHTS of a photographer . People holding BIG BIG camera and lens doesnt makes them a professional in any logical way . How abt those shooting with mini digicam and handphone cam ? cant they use it for commercial too ? I am quite amuse by their knowledge of technology and photography and lastly " human RIGHTS " :bsmilie:

acidbyte said:
THey are just taking advantage since they see so many cameras there. For them,they may not need to hire photographer(cut cost perhaps?),so they just come out with some "rules" and demand for their photos F.O.C. What a cheap way to get work done.

But today, there's 4 official photographers leh..... so they should have tons of nice picture... why ask from someone who's only using Z1 ??? :dunno:

ken111111 said:
But today, there's 4 official photographers leh..... so they should have tons of nice picture... why ask from someone who's only using Z1 ??? :dunno:

Then all the more they shouldn't ask from anyone to surrender theirs. Since they photographers are paid, they must adhere to their company rules/regulations, you are not paid so why should you do what they ask you to.

ken111111 said:
perhaps their photogs goofed (I am using goofed becasue my choice word will be censored) and did not provide any decent pictures.

what I don't understand is that post on CS gives these minor events additional publicity. Why not? Perhaps, it's the organiser anal fixation to control, control and control. Not an unique characteristic in these land. However, what is unique is the stupidity in the aftermath.

They did not forbid any of the photogs from taking pictures in the first place, nor did they make the photogs sign anything forbidding them not to post.

Enough said!

ken111111 said:

sometimes standing further provides for better angle...

or the management r just plain greedy

Status
Not open for further replies.