[terenceleezy] Landscapes from travels in Oregon, USA.

Thanks for #9 (Mt. St. Helens). It looks so nice now. I was there shortly after the eruption & it was still smoking when 5 of us went up in un-paved & slippery dirt track roads. There was a lake where all the logs laid in one direction after being blown off with its roots when the volcano erupted from its side as shown clearly in your photo. And on the other side to the left, all the trees stood tall, not impacted by the blast. The sight was spectacular then. I was driving. We (foolishly, on hindsight) over-stayed for the view and came down the mountain side when pitch darkness set in halfway down. Everyone remained absolutely quiet & nervous as I drove very slowly & carefully down till we reached the freeway. Thank God we made it safely down, otherwise I won't be writing this. The 2nd time I went a few years later wasn't too dramatic. By then a Visitor Center has been built and all the rawness were gone from the clean up. Thanks again for the memory with this photo. Do you have 2 or 3 more good ones to show?
Hey macVince, thanks for the kind comments! I probably got a couple more of Mount St Helens in my laptop. I got one later that night of the milky way too but gotta find time to process it. Must have been a pretty awesome yet scary experience! Glad u got out safe and sound. Just wondering which years were u there? U actually drove up right? U didn’t go up the summit of Mount St Helens? I am thinking of summiting it sometime soon :D I will keep you posted on that :)

Very very awesome photos!!!!!!!!! :bigeyes:
Loves the wheat farm, the milky way and the ice cave photos.
Is the ice cave the Mendenhall ice cave?
I watched it on TV before and it was really stunning. Really hope to visit it, but I'm not confident of my stamina to hike to there.

Very very awesome photos!!!!!!!!! :bigeyes:
Loves the wheat farm, the milky way and the ice cave photos.
Is the ice cave the Mendenhall ice cave?
I watched it on TV before and it was really stunning. Really hope to visit it, but I'm not confident of my stamina to hike to there.

Thanks! yea thats Mendenhall Ice Cave. It collapsed 4 weeks after I was there. Hmmm those ice blocks that collapsed are all bigger than my car. I saw pictures of the collapsed cave. I wrote more about it in another thread on Alaska (http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1427159) ! Feel free to check it out! Its about 11 miles round trip hike, but u could also go in winter and walk across the frozen lake cutting the hike down to 3 miles :)

Excellent stuff. Do keep it coming. :)
Thanks! means alot coming from you. :)

Last edited:
Thanks! yea thats Mendenhall Ice Cave. It collapsed 4 weeks after I was there. Hmmm those ice blocks that collapsed are all bigger than my car. I saw pictures of the collapsed cave. I wrote more about it in another thread on Alaska (http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1427159) ! Feel free to check it out! Its about 11 miles round trip hike, but u could also go in winter and walk across the frozen lake cutting the hike down to 3 miles :)

I just saw your friend's youtube video on the journey to the ice cave!
Very lucky for you all to enter the ice cave before it collapsed.
Thanks for the tips! :)
Looking forward to more of your masterpieces!

I just saw your friend's youtube video on the journey to the ice cave!
Very lucky for you all to enter the ice cave before it collapsed.
Thanks for the tips! :)
Looking forward to more of your masterpieces!

wow. how did u find that youtube video :D
Thank you. I actually went back to the ice caves last weekend and got into multiple other smaller caves. :) pics to come soon.

Awesome stuffs Terence! when ur back in SG, look for me...we go shooting. Lol.
Thanks! Most definitely! :)

#13 Happy Mid Autumn Supermoon

14998631429_f0d7985f7d_b.jpg

Coupled with alpenglow on Mount Hood, got some luck with the supermoon rising above the overcasted Portland skies. Happy Mid Autumn Festival Everyone! :)

Portland, Oregon

Technicals
D800e | 400mm | f/16 | 1/15s | iso400 | tripod

#14 Guardians of the Galaxy

15057075699_71edb4fce1_b.jpg

The milky way rises above haystack rock in Pacific City, Oregon

Technicals

D800e | 14-24mm @ 14mm | iso 3200 | f/2.8 | 30s | Tripod

wow. how did u find that youtube video :D
Thank you. I actually went back to the ice caves last weekend and got into multiple other smaller caves. :) pics to come soon.

i was curious about the hiking trail, and searched on youtube.
ended up coming across your friend's youtube video
at first i thought will need a guide to bring you to the ice caves, seems like there is no need for one?

i love the latest milky way's photo!!! spectacular! :thumbsup:

i was curious about the hiking trail, and searched on youtube.
ended up coming across your friend's youtube video
at first i thought will need a guide to bring you to the ice caves, seems like there is no need for one?

i love the latest milky way's photo!!! spectacular! :thumbsup:

I believe u would are supposed to get a guide to go there but you would navigate yourself too. let me know if u ever need a map :)
thanks! :D

wow :eek: really like all your photos! very well taken indeed

#16 Reflections of St John's Bridge.

12730327664_3da94983e8_b.jpg

This pond is not just a pond. It's an integral part of an award winning architectural and landscape project by the Portland's Water Pollution Control Laboratory. It retains rainwater and removes pollutants before the water is discharged into the Willamette River. How's that for sustainability? Cool stuff.

D700 | 16-35 @ 16mm | f/11 | 1/100s | iso 400 | Handheld

wow :eek: really like all your photos! very well taken indeed
Thanks! :D

#17 Aspen in Motion

15241649487_b40c5d2a0d_b.jpg

This abstract shot turned out well, as I had wanted the white-barked aspen trunks to stand out amidst the gold foliage

#18 iPhone 6 Plus Aspen

15250614540_8fbbeb277c_b.jpg

Crown of gold against azure blue skies. I browsed through all my upward looking shots from my camera but somehow I keep coming back to the iPhone 6 plus version and also made it my mobile background :D what do you guys think? yay or nay?

Technical Settings on the phone reads. :)
iPhone 6 Plus | 4.2mm | 1/1200s | iso 32 | f/2.2

Last edited:
#19 Gold Rush
www.terenceleezy.com/blog/colorado

15419047656_3c1045967b_b.jpg

This fall I headed over to Colorado for some fall foliage photos. I've heard so much about how amazing the aspen trees there look in fall, and they definitely didn't disappoint. I spent about three days around Aspen and Crested Butte, both places about 4 hours away from Denver. Here's a blog entry on it (link above). Have a great weekend everyone! :)

#2 Zeitgeist
I'm into obscure waterfalls. About an hour and 40 mins drive from Portland without traffic and an off trail 20 mins steep downhill descend brings you to this hidden Spirit Falls gem along the White Salmon River. Love the turquoise blue water and the lush greenery in Spring! If you are lucky, you might see daredevil kayakers tumbling down the falls! Took twice the time to ascend the slope on the way out but was a good workout.

14295677785_2ced44186f_o.jpg

the technicals
D800E | 16-35mm @ 16mm | 0.3s f/11 iso50

wow how did u take this? soo nice:eek: