Tamron launched SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerpot99

Feb 22, 2005
north
Tamron added VC and USM to their excellent budget tele lens. Based on their recently launched 24-70 f2.8, this could be a great alternatives. Hope the review and pricing is good.

Tamron -The most compact full-size, high-speed telephoto zoom lens, delivering leading-edge image quality with Tamron’s proprietary VC (Vibration Compensation) and USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive). - SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A009)

That explains why the older 90mm was so hard to find... They are replacing it...

wondering how's the price comparing to Sigma 70-200 OS :bsmilie:

wondering how's the price comparing to Sigma 70-200 OS :bsmilie:

Besides price, how is Tamron's service center quality in Spore, cause Sigmas' is horrendous, my lens is still not back after close to 2mths, cause they have no parts to fix the VR.

Besides price, how is Tamron's service center quality in Spore, cause Sigmas' is horrendous, my lens is still not back after close to 2mths, cause they have no parts to fix the VR.

I've been there before... Very ulu place, nearest bus in still have to walk abt 15 mins in from Changi Vicom...

Sent my old 28-300 VC in when it became a push-pull zoom lens after the zoom ring broke... Quality of repair quite good, if they can't fix here, they'll send it to Japan.. Expense of course, is yours unless under warranty... Took abt 2 weeks to fix the zoom ring...

I wasnt aware Tamron lens has 3yrs + 2yrs local warranty, is that right?
If so, this is awesome!! Be looking at this..

Tamron Singapore

I wasnt aware Tamron lens has 3yrs + 2yrs local warranty, is that right?
If so, this is awesome!! Be looking at this..

Tamron Singapore

Tamron 90mm give me 5 yrs warranty and $20 NTUC voucher. BTW that is during the GSS for the voucher.

Last edited:
Tamron lens with 3+2 yrs local warranty, before 3 years warranty expired, must do re-register again to update.

efiniti said:
Tamron lens with 3+2 yrs local warranty, before 3 years warranty expired, must do re-register again to update.

Thats awesome, my Sigma 70-200mm is outstanding, bt cant beat 5yrs local.
Will be keeping a lookout for this lens

Its claim to being the smallest & lightest is only abit though as compared to Sigma. Only hope their svc standards are better than Sigma..

Coupled with Sigma only 1 month repair warranty.

I've stayed away with Sigma lenses.

Tamron wil launch both lens AF 70-200mm f/2.8 SP VC USD and 90mm f/2.8 SP Macro 1:1 VC USD lens on 30 November 2012, don't know when is ready in sgpr.

Is the price for the Tamron 70-200mm $ 1499 and 90mm 2.8 $849 in SG Dollars or US Dollars?

Is the price for the Tamron 70-200mm $ 1499 and 90mm 2.8 $849 in SG Dollars or US Dollars?

US dollar. And don't forget to add the GST in too.

But still very very cheap as compared to Canon's 70-200mm f2.8L IS. I would however wait for the lens to be launched in Singapore, I have a feeling it might be cheaper to get it in Singapore.

Interesting to see weather sealing on a 3rd party lens. Hope it performs and not a dud.
Price wise, hope it wont go past S$2k. Siggy counterpart is going for less than $2k.

Am waiting for this lens to arrive in Singapore

Wil get this end Jan 2013. Hopefully it will be released in Singapore by then

Its out. At AP funan. Selling at 2020... canon 70-200L is 3314 for comparison sake..

Status
Not open for further replies.