Tamron launched SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks,Slash...did you have a go with it? Price quoted,with GST or?

No money, really very tempting!! I have to ask my finance controller for permission... haha... Cathay cheaper at 1960 after tax. AP is cash only.

Haha,its time of the year...Christmas!!! Get her to buy you one...keke.

I wonder if it will be sharp as reported..

I dun dare to try it, scared Kenna poison too deep.. haha

this tamron looks like a really good lens. bringing the genes from its 24-70 VC. hope the cost is reasonable!

this tamron looks like a really good lens. bringing the genes from its 24-70 VC. hope the cost is reasonable!

I have posted the selling price at Cathay and AP funan above. Not sure if its reasonable price

no, but i trust Tamron. Back to basic, it's double price from A001.

Tamron slow at releasing the Nikon version.

Right now Nikon users are looking at the new Nikon 70-200mm f4 VRlll.

Recently, Red Dot Photo got hold of the sample lens from Tamron and allowed me to test it for them. Here's a short film with the lens always wide open (tha Metabones Adapter II couldn't stop the aperture down for my NEX FS700). Such a test meant that any image flaws would be seen, and I'm glad to say I didn't see many in my tests! Ergonomically flawed, though. More on that in a proper written review soon on/for Red Dot Photo, but till then, enjoy this short film!

Film: Down by the Sea by headshotzx, on YouTube

View it here: Down by the Sea - YouTube

A short film to test the new Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD lens on a Sony NEX FS700. Shot at Changi Broadwalk, Singapore.

Filmed & Edited by Tan Zexun
Special thanks to Red Dot Photo SG, Chia Perq Jon, Isaac Chong
Location suggested by Peter Wong

- Zexun

The video looks good! Lens looks like a winner to me

any brothers bought the tamron 70-200 VC have any experiences and sample pics to share?

thinking of pulling the trigger on one.

Just bought a canon mount today. So far so good AF wise and very sharp wide open :) can't really imagine how much sharper the canon 70-200 mk2 can be.

Pretty reasonable i think?at least is under 2k. Have you tried with a TC yet?
A lighter option to my 120-300 when travelling.

Pretty reasonable i think?at least is under 2k. Have you tried with a TC yet?
A lighter option to my 120-300 when travelling.

I tried it with a kenko 1.4x converter. Seems to make my lens front focus a little. If I ignore the front focus, iq with the converter is actually very good. Will try some mfa when I have the time

Status
Not open for further replies.