tamron launch 24-70 f/2.8 vc pzd

My experience with Tamron is fine. It's really knowing what you're getting.

Tamron's key niches has always been strong value for money and reasonable quality zoom lenses (and their various super zoom lenses).

I won't be too much hopes into it's optical quality, but this would also mean that I'd be really impressed if it can give the Canon and Nikon counterpart a run for their money.

Very interested in this lens, still waiting for review.

Blur Shadow said:
My experience with Tamron is fine. It's really knowing what you're getting.

Tamron's key niches has always been strong value for money and reasonable quality zoom lenses (and their various super zoom lenses).

I won't be too much hopes into it's optical quality, but this would also mean that I'd be really impressed if it can give the Canon and Nikon counterpart a run for their money.

Actually, Tamron optics has great praises too. Just look at their 17-50mm (non VC), it's a budget lens that can deliver good sharp image! Slow focusing aside, it a good 2.8 zoom lens at such affordable price.

On the other hand, the service center here would need better geographical/working hours improvement... It's quite remote and it only opens during office hours in weekdays. It's very hard to get things repair unless u stay or work in the eastern side of Singapore.

Cowseye said:
Actually, Tamron optics has great praises too. Just look at their 17-50mm (non VC), it's a budget lens that can deliver good sharp image! Slow focusing aside, it a good 2.8 zoom lens at such affordable price.

On the other hand, the service center here would need better geographical/working hours improvement... It's quite remote and it only opens during office hours in weekdays. It's very hard to get things repair unless u stay or work in the eastern side of Singapore.

Haha. I know. I use that lens. And some other lenses deserves accolades too - like the Tamron 90mm macro.

I am not against 3rd party lenses, and I Know there are always exceptions. It is just that, in general, Tamron makes great value lenses (17-50mm, 90mm), or good all in one packages that aren't exactly the best, optically (18-270, 200-500)

Their f/2.8 lenses aren't exactly stellar (I think their 70-200 and 17-50 are beaten by Sigma), and so I won't want to pin too much hopes on this upcoming lens. This way, I'd be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be a superb lens.

based on the MTF charts it is sharper than the Canon 24-70 f2.8 MKI but totally looses the MKII. Seems good enough for the price, shall wait for more reviews on AF/VC performance.

totally agree on this. haha

Blur Shadow said:
Haha. I know. I use that lens. And some other lenses deserves accolades too - like the Tamron 90mm macro.

I am not against 3rd party lenses, and I Know there are always exceptions. It is just that, in general, Tamron makes great value lenses (17-50mm, 90mm), or good all in one packages that aren't exactly the best, optically (18-270, 200-500)

Their f/2.8 lenses aren't exactly stellar (I think their 70-200 and 17-50 are beaten by Sigma), and so I won't want to pin too much hopes on this upcoming lens. This way, I'd be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be a superb lens.

I do hope they will be better... Saving for trinity is not exactly easy... And this is the most used lens among the 3, I really hope it can be on par with the current 24-70mm.

Very often, they tell you the fault cannot be repaired one... the support is just bad.

Cowseye said:
I do hope they will be better... Saving for trinity is not exactly easy... And this is the most used lens among the 3, I really hope it can be on par with the current 24-70mm.

Of course. Then we can all save a bundle and still get VC!

That's video of the lens on YouTube.. Any news on the release in sg?

retrovox said:
Onion ring bokeh spotted.

Hmm...you talking about the 1st pic in that 1st review? Ya, spotted it and found it kinda odd.

when will it be available in sg?