tamron launch 24-70 f/2.8 vc pzd

GReddyZC76 said:
Dunno how true, I read some where someho nikon f mount is not BIG enough to go
<f/1.2

Hmm before this Noktor wanted to make a 50mm f0.95 for nikon but the idea was shelved.

Wah.... Such crazy aperture... LoL!

Why don't you guys read up on the new hyperprime? It's cheaper than the noctilux by more than half and reviews seems to say that it is better... LoL! I dunno though! No way will I buy it..

Anyways, I think should get back to topic. Let's hope the Tammy will be good... :D

their 28-75 is already very good unless sigma old 24-70 ex dg macro still around because their newer 24-70 with HSM is way way too high priced and heavy

keithzhoulw said:
wonder when this lense will come to sg

Usually takes a while. And sometimes, a long while.

May be it will come out the same day as D800!!!!! Whahahaa..... Means wait long long

Waiting to see how this lens perform & the cost.. The main thing that I looking forward to this lens is the VC, which other similar lens from other manufactures don't have.
But think it should be "24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD" as listed in Tamron site? rather than PZD?

USD ....?
Think some people keep thinking of money.

USD = Ultra Sonic Drive motor, Silent and ultra fast motor drive for new lens AF 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD, different with PZD

Specifications
Model A007
Focal length 24-70mm
Maximum aperture F/2.8
Angle of view(diagonal) 84°04' &#65293;34°21' (for full frame 35mm format cameras)
60°20' &#65293;22°33' (for APS-C format cameras)
Lens construction 17 elements in 12 groups
Minimum focus distance 0.38m (15.0 in)
Maximum magnification ratio 1:5 (at f=70mm: MFD 0.38m)
Filter size &#966;82mm (3.2 in)
Length*1 108.5mm (4.3 in)*
Entire Length*2 116.9mm (4.6 in)*
Diameter &#966;88.2mm (3.5 in)
Weight 825g* (29.1 oz)
No. of diaphragm blades 9 (rounded diaphragm)
Minimum aperture F/22
Standard accessories Flower-shaped lens hood
Compatible mounts Canon, Nikon, Sony

Wow its 825g, have to compromise weight for the VC.

Cowseye said:
Well, still lighter than the OEM. The concern now is still the price.

And the optical performance!

MSRP in USA is $1299. But I am sure the price will drop soon enough. I expect it to be in the 1k region before long...

The specs of this lens is pretty awesome but we have yet to see any real world photos of tests being done to it so we can't know for sure how good it is before actually pre-ordering it.
It's not exactly cheap for a tamron lens either...I own 2 Tammys so it's really 50/50 for me...One is really good and cheap and the other is expensive and horrible but versatile..so i dunno about this new 24-70..it's got pretty big shoes to fill since both Nikon and Canon make great 24-70 lenses..this will have to match...i believe people that buy a 24-70 FF lens will go more for IQ vs Price and IS am i wrong?

I saw a uncle using it with 5D3 while I was in Tokyo.. So it's possible there might be some photos circulating in the net now.