Tamron 200-500mm or the Sigma 50-500mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
err ... dun mind me thread-crashing ah .. but rather than create a new thread, ..

how does the sigma 170-500 compare against the 50-500 and the tamron 200-500?

i'm currently looking at the 170-500 or the 50-500 .. but more inclined toward the 170-500 cos of it's smaller size and weight and price ... =/

;)
size2.jpg

tamron 200-500mm with hood :D

Oh man, that is really LONG.
Difficult to hide under blanket when using ;p

I like my Bigma 50-500mm.
Very usefull during the HSBC Wakeboard 2006 as it from 50-500mm & HSM..
http://donchua.multiply.com/photos/album/49
All shots taken using the Bigma + D2H.. & handheld..:sweat: :sweat:
Hazy day and so PP were done too..;p

err ... dun mind me thread-crashing ah .. but rather than create a new thread, ..

how does the sigma 170-500 compare against the 50-500 and the tamron 200-500?

i'm currently looking at the 170-500 or the 50-500 .. but more inclined toward the 170-500 cos of it's smaller size and weight and price ... =/

the 170-500 is

smaller
lighter
cheaper

the 50-500 is
sharper
focuses faster

for everything else there is photoshop

the 170-500 is

smaller
lighter
cheaper

the 50-500 is
sharper
focuses faster

for everything else there is photoshop

it focus faster? ... i would have thought the 170-500 would focus faster cos of the smaller range ... no hsm ah? ...

it focus faster? ... i would have thought the 170-500 would focus faster cos of the smaller range ... no hsm ah? ...

170-500 does not come with HSM.

Got a chance to try it out at one of the IT shows indoors @ Suntec with a D70... i'd say AF is pretty slow.

Bigma 50-500
http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3307&navigator=3

Sigma 170-500
http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3276&navigator=3

and the ultimate
Sigmonster
http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3308&navigator=3

PERSONAL MANTRA for the month

I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...

;p Geez, it always began like this and then...'boom' my next paycheck/bonus becomes the spanking new lens in the Cabi. Sometimes I suspect I sleepwalk into the camera shops.

I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...I do not need a Sigmonster...

;p Geez, it always began like this and then...'boom' my next paycheck/bonus becomes the spanking new lens in the Cabi. Sometimes I suspect I sleepwalk into the camera shops.

Sleepwalk into camera shop nevermind, they shop peoples will know something is wrong with you. As long as you don't sleep-walk shopping online and bidding on ebay.

TO DO LIST

1) Put right kidney up for sale on Ebay
2) Rob a bank on my way home
3) Take nude pictures of my cats for Sports Illustrated Feline Edition
4) Hound publishers to buy the pictures
5) Put left kidney on Ebay also
6) Buy the Sigmonster! :lovegrin:
7) Buy new Cabi for Sigmonster that I don't need.

GADS! I am starting to plan for it! Help!:sweatsm:

Must be the purdy MTF Chart...Look away from the light...Look away from the light...Look away from the light!!!!

Sleepwalk into camera shop nevermind, they shop peoples will know something is wrong with you. As long as you don't sleep-walk shopping online and bidding on ebay.

Eh problem is...I sleepwalk into shop alone and usually leave with new bed buddies - Sigma, Tamron, Tokie and Canon! Not healthy for my wallet. Them shopkeepers love them sleepwalkers! Kerrrrrching!

http://www.pbase.com/liquidstone/sigma_300800birds <- website of a Sigmonster Guru.

You know you need it. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.