Tamron 17-50 f/2.8...any places with plenty of stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
all because of you guys at the dinner hehe..

just because FF comes out doesn't mean you have to change to it, especially if the APS-C format serves you fine. :thumbsup:

anyway the tamron 17-50 is a good lens especially for your event use, but i got bored of it eventually. now it's with my brother who is enjoying it like i did at first.

Even you change to FF, there are someone out there still like or can only afford or only willing to pay for APSC, they can still use your Tamron 17-50 lens ;)

I think many guys worried too much about investing in APSC lenses. C/N/S all have FF dSLR cameras, but some of their APSC lenses still selling at premium prices.

Even you change to FF, there are someone out there still like or can only afford or only willing to pay for APSC, they can still use your Tamron 17-50 lens ;)

I think many guys worried too much about investing in APSC lenses. C/N/S all have FF dSLR cameras, but some of their APSC lenses still selling at premium prices.

to be frank... :bsmilie:

FF is not that holy after all... better iso yes but many dun need it, better bokeh rendering, yes provided ur lens are good as welll...

how i wish i can use pentax lens on nikon camera...:cry:

to be frank... :bsmilie:

FF is not that holy after all... better iso yes but many dun need it, better bokeh rendering, yes provided ur lens are good as welll...

how i wish i can use pentax lens on nikon camera...:cry:

I agree, FF isn't the holy grail. After releasing the APSC-only 35/2, Nikon just released another APSC-only lens: 85/3.5 macro: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0910/09101401nikon85mmmacro.asp

Some might think Nikon is insane? But I guess Nikon knows better about the marketing than most of us users :)

Last edited:
used to be so easy choosing when almost have the cash.

sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5
tamron 17-50 f2.8
pentax 16-45 f4
pentax 17-70 f4 sdm

019.gif

all in range of each other. the sigma looks pretty good and to me the f4 is still pretty much okay. Any stores that happen to have all in stock? at this rate may take all the way till closing time to decide.

Last edited:

sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5
tamron 17-50 f2.8
pentax 16-45 f4
pentax 17-70 f4 sdm

019.gif

all in range of each other. the sigma looks pretty good and to me the f4 is still pretty much okay. Any stores that happen to have all in stock? at this rate may take all the way till closing time to decide.

I used to have the Sigma 17-70 and I found it good and sharp when I had my K10D. Now using the k20D and the DA*16-50 and still mastering it.

sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5
tamron 17-50 f2.8
pentax 16-45 f4
pentax 17-70 f4 sdm

019.gif

No Compromise! Get f2.8! :D (if you have the budget of course)
1 stop difference means you shoot indoors at 1/15s or 1/30s.

got 17-70 f2.8-4.5 if you interested i willing to let go
just bought early of the year.
call me: 91125709

No Compromise! Get f2.8! :D (if you have the budget of course)
1 stop difference means you shoot indoors at 1/15s or 1/30s.

It really depends on the prevailing lighting and what ISO you're shooting at. After all, the current crop of Pentax camera bodies all have Shake Reduction.
This shot was taken with the Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8~4.5 indoors, handheld with no flash.

Bike_girl.jpg

K20D 1/25 sec at f/5, ISO 500

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.