Tamiya mini 4WD cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe we all can post a pics of our old toy. hehe. But i dont know where i put it in my store room. haha

I have further questions. Pardon me as I have never touched a mini 4WD before. Only stood at the track side to watch the cars zooming by.

Q1. How many AA batteries are needed to power the cars?
Q2. How long will a set of AA batteries last before the speed of the cars begin to slow down?
Q3. Do those in competition use a set of fresh alkalines for each time they race their cars?

TIA. :)

I have further questions. Pardon me as I have never touched a mini 4WD before. Only stood at the track side to watch the cars zooming by.

Q1. How many AA batteries are needed to power the cars?
Q2. How long will a set of AA batteries last before the speed of the cars begin to slow down?
Q3. Do those in competition use a set of fresh alkalines for each time they race their cars?

TIA. :)

Requires 2 AA batteries. Depending on the motors they put in may last anything from several minutes.

rechargables have less voltage, so the cars tends to run slower.

remembered once I tried to plug in the 9V types... :sweat:

When you load the batteries, alkalines will have a higher voltage drop so rechargeables are actually faster. I think the use of alkalines is because of the competition rules or because of sponsor requirements.

Now I'm into RC planes!

Guys never stop playing with toys, just that the toys get larger and more sophisticated.

And more expensive.. ;p

Actually I find that my 1.2 NiCd rechargeables make my car faster. Don't know why. I never actually checked with Energizers and NiCds anyway. It's probably a mental thing.

I still have a lot of these Tamiya cars all new ones 50 over boxes all not open including the limited editions. I also wind my own motors. 0.55 wire best for speed using double winding on motor armature technique, so fast I don't even dare to catch the car while its running on the track. Also have a lot of new motors, those Plasma motors and some other brand that is even faster than Plasma, all still not open before and many spare parts :bsmilie: Rechargable batteries provide higher current and longer run time, alkaline provides a good burst of initial start then start to flatten out. Speed also depends on the gear ratio chosen and you need to study the track layout to decide on the gear ratio. Straight road less curves use high gear ratio, miss those days.

manage to dig out my real old tamiya cars. :bsmilie:

tamiyacar-s.jpg

I remember way back in 1986, when Tamiya came out with the first mini 4WD. I got The Hornet. I was in primary 5 then, and for Science lesson, we were supposed to bring a batt. powered toy. My Mini Hornet made me the coolest kid in the block then. :D

My 2nd car was the mini Hotshot

I think that there was another one called Rising Bird. Yeah, so if you cannot win, it's really a case of 鸟不起。

Or... you are not BIRD enough... lol....

How about a outing for all the retired mini 4WD uncles here... lol.... :bsmilie:

Heheh. Can find some videos on youtube...
This one damn fast.

youtube link

What the hell???

What car is that??? It is damn fast!!!

Legal mod... is it possible???

I retired from this donkeys years back.... it was fun while it lasted....

I tend to mod the car aero dynamic package, and my car is usually heavy weight..... to run over rams..... safety... saw a lot of crashed during the bridge and ram....

I think most cars just change engine can also run now.... Heard of newer faster engine than hyper dash....

Vanquish is my favorite.... Think there was a super emperor or something..... Dash 0???? Or was it Dash 001???

Cannot remember.....

What the hell???

What car is that??? It is damn fast!!!

Legal mod... is it possible???

I retired from this donkeys years back.... it was fun while it lasted....

I tend to mod the car aero dynamic package, and my car is usually heavy weight..... to run over rams..... safety... saw a lot of crashed during the bridge and ram....

I think most cars just change engine can also run now.... Heard of newer faster engine than hyper dash....

Vanquish is my favorite.... Think there was a super emperor or something..... Dash 0???? Or was it Dash 001???

Cannot remember.....

Seen these cars before, called 'Tie che' using double winding motor on super magnets and ball bearing casing, only three wheels instead of four. See these cars run over the metal loop even more interesting. If it runs off track good luck:bsmilie:

Seen these cars before, called 'Tie che' using double winding motor on super magnets and ball bearing casing, only three wheels instead of four. See these cars run over the metal loop even more interesting. If it runs off track good luck:bsmilie:

3 wheels one??? Think I remember seeing it before.. it is rear wheel drive only right???

3 wheels one??? Think I remember seeing it before.. it is rear wheel drive only right???
Yes! Damn fast because front single wheel is a bearing but those tracks with a hole in the center cannot allow such cars to run :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.