Super Strong Wind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my wife is right. She insisted that I latched the windows every night. It will prevent the windows from slamming!

It was damned freaky winds man. the super strong wind came suddenly, slamming my kitchen doors (1st time this ever happened) then just stopped. Nothing, no wind at all. Felt like those horror show, the doors slam shut by themselves. then I went to investigate, open the doors, while at it, another sudden bout of very strong wind came through, right smack through the doorway, this type of wind i only ever felt high up on moutains, first time in hdb flat.

The weather is really getting freaky.

I was driving down Lornie Road and PIE during that time. Leaves, branches everywhere,even a tree collapsed on the PIE. I was so freaked out. I thought that there was gonna be some typhoon or twister coming to sweep me and my car away. Really freaky.

so coincidence.... the strong wind happened when I was jamming a long "rock you like a hurricane" with my guitar LOL

What time did the wind occur? I didn't feel anything?

i was tuning my bike next to the window when the wind came and slammed the windows, it hit the potted plants and dirt fell on me :bsmilie:
scary! even the dustbin downstairs fell!

What time did the wind occur? I didn't feel anything?

Last nite abt 2330hrs. was on my way home started raining n strong wind blew my umbrella nearly blown out of shape n blown off! Got to fight the wind to go home!:sweat:

"The Sumatras is a phenomenon unique to Singapore and the west coast of Peninsular Malaysia.

Sumatras are line of thunderstorms which usually occur during the Southwest Monsoon season from April to November each year. These squalls develop at night over Sumatra or the Malacca Straits and move east towards Singapore and the west coast of Peninsular Malaysia during the pre-dawn and early morning. They are often characterised by sudden onset of strong gusty surface winds and heavy rain lasting from 1 to 2 hours as they move across the island. Maximum gusts of up to 50 knots have been recorded during the passage of a Sumatra squall.

- Its formation is due to the location of the Indonesian island of Sumatra on the west, Singapore and Peninsular Malaysia on the east, separated by the narrow Straits of Malacca.
- During the Southwest Monsoon, southwesterly winds blowing over the mountain range of Sumatra creates mountain waves on the leeward side, resulting in an unstable atmosphere.
- Relatively warmer waters of the Malacca Straits provide a source of moisture for convective development.
- In a highly unstable atmosphere, thunderclouds grow in-situ and merge into line squalls.
- Squall-lines move northeastwards steered by the southwesterly wind towards Singapore and the west coast areas of Peninsular Malaysia."

Sources : National Environment Agency and Malaysian Meteorological Department

Last edited:
kinda blow my ar$e off. :sweat::sweat:

Well, yesterday's strong wind was caused by the Big bad wolf, on his desperate attempts to blow down the last piglet's brick house. Once again, it failed.:bsmilie:

GMAN

It would be bad if the any brotha's camera was blown off the tripod yesterday night. The wind came so suddenly. I looked out of the window and saw the metal pole of a sign post tilt 20 degrees. Even my table lamp was blown off the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.