Sunset @ Changi Broadwalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neuva said:
As this is my first time taking snapshot at sunset. Any recommendation on ISO films? Is fUji ISO 400 just nice? I thought of using B&W film, but I afraid it won't turn out good for evening scenes.
Can I get ISO 400 and above films from CP?

ISO 200 will do, bring a tripod.
If you have steady hands then don't need tripod.

Sunset is about colour, so B/W is a bad idea.

Racoon said:
Wat do u mean by :sweat: , huh?? :think:

Orr ...... someone cham liao haha :bsmilie:

ortega said:
nope quite far away, according to ura it is 1.2km to Changi Sailing club, which is at the start of the broadwalk.

We should park at the Changi beach club, which is near the sunset walk and kelong walk.

see map here

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/pr03-51.gif

is this where you mean poohbear?

BTW thanks to guni_hoon for info and link.

dn mention it :)
tink the 1.2km refer to distant bet start pt (sailing club) to end pt (beach club) based on the map, not meridien to sailing club. unless ur source is a different one.

had a company event there once at beach club. tink the club gt jaga, can park? but i may be wrong cos it was more 1 yr ago liao.

for weekends, u can park at sailing club after 6pm, $1 per person according to tis link. redeemable if u spent $10 there.
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/pr03-51a1.html

may drop by after the tibet exhibition at jurong library. newbie like me can join???

rayz said:
sorry guys i can't join you guys... haiz wasted... :cry:

it's ok, join our next shoot out lor :)

Guni Hoon said:
dn mention it may drop by after the tibet exhibition at jurong library. newbie like me can join???

of course! i newbie also ;)

i just noticed ... THIS THREAD HAS OVER 1000 VIEW COUNT ALREADY! :eek: ortega you are such a crowd puller ;)

ortega said:
maybe it is the title, is it suggestive in any way?

people may mistook it for a gallery thread? :think: nah, think it's the thread starter's name ;) ... err ... btw, title hor ... spelling error leh, it's 'Boardwalk', not 'Broadwalk', heehee ... it's ok, we murder Englandish everyday :bsmilie:

Venue: Changi Broadwalk
Subject: Various
Date: 5th March 2005
Time: 5pm
Meeting Place: At the kelong? (Suggestions welcomed)
Cost: FOC
Food and drinks: BYO

see map here

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/pr03-51.gif

1. ortega
2. eikin
3. frostyintrepid (eikin, we met at CP! )
4. ockly
5. Poohbear
6. knoxknocks (will try to drop by with family)
7. HotSpots
8. Racoon
9. awongkk
10. theITguy
11. Splutter
12. Sjourn & May & Ryan
13. Neuva + Sis

ok guys, did a recce today. Dunno about bus, but for those driving, go into Changi Village, past the bus terminal, past Changi Village Hotel, drive all the way in along Netheravon Rd until you come to a cross junction. Turn right into Cranwell Rd, drive until you're outside CBC Sports Complex on your right. Can park along the roadside and walk into the Boardwalk.

If coming along Loyang Ave, just turn into right into Cranwell Rd and drive all the way in until you see CBC Sports Complex.

Weather was lousy today. Only got to see the sun at the last 10 minutes before it disappeared. Otherwise it was a cloudily horrible day.

boardwalk1.jpg

boardwalk2.jpg

ok...horizon slanted. Try again on Sat ;)

#2 nice (but yah... horizon line ah, hehe) ... but if go closer and let the fishing rod dominate the left 1/3 maybe even nicer ... plus WA lens to distort the rod even much nicer ;p

eikin said:
#2 nice (but yah... horizon line ah, hehe) ... but if go closer and let the fishing rod dominate the left 1/3 maybe even nicer ... plus WA lens to distort the rod even much nicer ;p

like this?

boardwalk3.jpg

ok, lucky can re-try this Sat. Remember to bring a telephoto as well cos the background is quite messy and need a longer lens to isolate.

just dance until not too cloudy can liao :bsmilie:

btw, 6pm is a better time. Even at that time, nothing much to shoot cos the sun's at the wrong place. Sunset start about 7pm. Sun disappear about 7:30pm

knoxknocks said:
like this?

ok, lucky can re-try this Sat. Remember to bring a telephoto as well cos the background is quite messy and need a longer lens to isolate.[/QUOTE]

wah, nice ... btw like what ortega always say, go for interesting foreground if sky is boring

Status
Not open for further replies.