sumiko tan is getting married...

I wonder who will marry a 47 year old when there are plenty of 20 something XMM in clubsnap model directory. I mean all men like nubile young chicks, isn't it?

Is this the kind of topic that ST like to write about?

Her first boyfriend in school :bsmilie:

I guess that guy finally forget why they break up in the first place :D
30 years to forget is a long long time :D

I wonder who will marry a 47 year old when there are plenty of 20 something XMM in clubsnap model directory. I mean all men like nubile young chicks, isn't it?

depends.

nubile and young and immature and like painted fingernails galore = eeyerrrrrr

Maybe the bridegroom misses the CS model directory? :bsmilie:

Women are like wine.
The older they get,
The sweeter they become.

You should try a 67 year old wine for yourself and see. :bsmilie:

true true..:embrass:

:sweat::cry: i guess i am going to be a spinster forever then... :cry::cry:

Dun worry, there is always the Singtel Customercare manager that will always give you his utmost and undivided attention.

Dun worry, there is always the Singtel Customercare manager that will always give you his utmost and undivided attention.

:lovegrin: that's why i looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove SINGTEL! :sticktong

Her first boyfriend in school :bsmilie:

I guess that guy finally forget why they break up in the first place :D
30 years to forget is a long long time :D

I am wondering what is going through this girl's selection process. She is apparently a successful career women who is out of most guy's reach. Then she came down to earth with a salaried man to marry. You mean in the past 30 years there are no man of his equal? Apparently, she must have struck a chord with the English slanging friend who works in UK. So end of the day, Singaporean men who speaks Singlish and swear using hokkien. I think you better wise up and speak with a slang and swear in English. It will make many just as successful, attractive and eligible woman look at men in our shores instead of away from it. Then alot of woman will not have to wait 30 years.

I don't know if it helps. Sporting an out of fashion badana might just adds to that little something. I'm cool like that!

Last edited:
I am wondering what is going through this girl's selection process. She is apparently a successful career women who is out of most guy's reach. Then she came down to earth with a salaried man to marry. You mean in the past 30 years there are no man of his equal? Apparently, she must have struck a chord with the English slanging friend who works in UK. So end of the day, Singaporean men who speaks Singlish and swear using hokkien. I think you better wise up and speak with a slang and swear in English. It will make many just as successful, attractive and eligible woman look at men in our shores instead of away from it. Then alot of woman will not have to wait 30 years.

I don't know if it helps. Sporting an out of fashion badana might just adds to that little something. I'm cool like that!

How do you know he speaks English with a Welsh accent?

Badana? I thought he got a headache leh. :bsmilie:

How do you know he speaks English with a Welsh accent?

I guess he have to pick it up one way or another, else how to survive there. No ang mog can understand the monotonous Singapore English. Also you know how girls go soft around men who can coo like a banana. They are soooo cute.

Women are like wine.
The older they get,
The sweeter they become.

You should try a 67 year old wine for yourself and see. :bsmilie:

only if the wine has potential to age. :bsmilie:

buy a $10 wine and it will taste like vinegar in 20 years time!!!

edit: it applies to men as well!!

Last edited:

The one observation I have seen or read about most of the time ... it is an issue of hair. Or the lack of or process of losing more of it. IF a rug is not for you then use a fashion icon thing to conceal it and call it being fashionable. hahahah....

ST website showed this as "Breaking News". Why is this breaking news. Let her have her privacy.

it's breaking news cos it gives hope to all the singles that you can find love by revisiting your jc school mates.

if she was gen z, she would have gotten hitched earlier using friendster or facebook.

anyways, i think it is relatively easy to get married.

the hard part is staying married.

The one observation I have seen or read about most of the time ... it is an issue of hair. Or the lack of or process of losing more of it. IF a rug is not for you then use a fashion icon thing to conceal it and call it being fashionable. hahahah....

that might appear as the next topic in her sunday column !!! now you just gave her an idea.

what he should worry is . their marital bits, squabbles and complaints might appear in her columns for the next few years! after years of whinging about her singleness in her columns, i think she will need to find that marriage is after all.. not satisfactory for someone who needs to find something to write.

that might appear as the next topic in her sunday column !!! now you just gave her an idea.

what he should worry is . their marital bits, squabbles and complaints might appear in her columns for the next few years! after years of whinging about her singleness in her columns, i think she will need to find that marriage is after all.. not satisfactory for someone who needs to find something to write.

You think she will air her dirty panty in public?

Thats the TRUTH isn't it..... :bsmilie:

Actually.. it's easier to get married then to get de-married.

To get married, just file a notice, then go and sign a paper on AD and that's it.

To get de-married, countless visit to lawyer? $$$$$$ lawyer fees? visit family count, show proof of "unreasonable behavior" etc.. very very troublesome..

So for those planning to sign on that piece of paper.... do consider carefully because it is not easy to "undo" once "done"............ :bsmilie:

Well educated Singaporean girls set very high standard :sweat:
- rich, handsome, romantic etc etc ... :sweat:
- like someone who step out of a fairy tale romantic novel :bigeyes:

That is why recent survey show many Singaporean men marry foreign women :lovegrin:

Singapore men would look for:

-Simple, innocent and romantic girls with hearts of gold preferably with long hairs and wild flowers on her head and barefooted and as sweet as honey.

-Like a village tribal beauty who appears out from a mythical paradise

There are still a few left in the long houses in Sarawak. But you have to be quick. :bsmilie:

Singapore men would look for:

-Simple, innocent and romantic girls with hearts of gold preferably with long hairs and wild flowers on her head and barefooted and as sweet as honey.

-Like a village tribal beauty who appears out from a mythical paradise

There are still a few left in the long houses in Sarawak. But you have to be quick. :bsmilie:

:dent::dent::dent: