Suitable bag for D700 / 24-70 AF-S f2.8 combi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the Think Tank Street Walker Pro. Max I can Manage to house the following:

D700 + grip
24-70
70-200
Sigma 150-500
Sb900
SB600

All with hood and tripod collar

I use the Think Tank Street Walker Pro. Max I can Manage to house the following:

D700 + grip
24-70
70-200
Sigma 150-500
Sb900
SB600

All with hood and tripod collar

Markyen, how did you manage to put the camera with grip into a Pro? I was finding it tight to put the camera into a street walker without the grip. The zippers were not going around the top part of the bag smoothly.

I place it on the top most part of the bag vertical up. That is the part that the top when bag is placed on my back.

The Sigma 150-500 in the right compartment. SB900 on top of it.

70-200 on the left side with sb 600 and 2x tele con on top of it. 24-70 upright position in between the D700 body and 70-200.

Note I use neoprene pouches for all my equipment. Sigma 150-500 is using dedicated lens coat!!! please do not just place it with out any protection.

Yes all the lens hood can go in too. I choose hood hat from Op Tech to place on the front of the lens just big enough to fit it and then I slot the hood in. In this way the neoprene hood hat is in between the lens and hood so on impact it does not crush the hood. Later I use the lens coat lens pouch to bank all this in. :sweat:

Markyen, how did you manage to put the camera with grip into a Pro? I was finding it tight to put the camera into a street walker without the grip. The zippers were not going around the top part of the bag smoothly.

Bro I just notice you mentioned the street walker non "pro" mine is the "pro" version which has more depth. I choose this over the non "pro" so I can fit the D700+grip. The "HD" version is wider than the "pro" but I find it too bulky, unless u need to put your laptop in same bag. ;)

I have the same combi and when I'm just bringing this combi + flash, I'll use the Lowepro Toploader 75 AW. More than sufficient plus there're lots of compartment for smaller items like spare CF Cards, Filters, Cleaning Kits, etc.

If I'm bringing more than the above, ie. add lens, I'll use the Flipside 300 AW ... no introduction needed as good words are posted by lots of bros in this thread about the Flipside series. ;)

:)

if you want something that doesnt scream camera bag

i will still recommend the thinktank speed freak.

if you want a more camera bag-ish one then go for the billingham 306/307

I uses the Crumpler 7 million to fits the following on my recent trip

1. D700 with MB-D10 on 24-70
2. 80-200
3. 14-24
4. 50 1.4D
5. some room for big blower, or squeeze in a water bottle.

It's the first time I packed them all in a bag, and man! it was really heavy after a few days.

But the the bag hold them well.

can show a picture how u manage to fit all ur lense in 7MDH? thanks!

can show a picture how u manage to fit all ur lense in 7MDH? thanks!

Hi Wenbin, I took 2 pics but could not figure out how to load the pics in the forum. Sorry never post a pics before. PM me your email, and I will send you the pics how I load all the equipment in this 7MDH.

Status
Not open for further replies.