Suitable bag for D700 / 24-70 AF-S f2.8 combi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

perspective

Nov 2, 2008
I love this outfit but need advice on a suitable bag to use. Need advice or ideals.

Requirements:

- Lens must be mounted to camera body. (hood mounted or not is optional but good if mounted)
- As small as feasible.
- Minimise unecessary stress on lens mount or pressure on front element. (Most bags like Lowepro stealth reporter 200AW or inverse 200AW will have the lens front element resting on the bottom of the bag taking the full weight of the lens and body.)

Last edited:
I love this outfit but need advice on a suitable bag to use. Need advice or ideals.

Requirements:

- Lens must be mounted to camera body. (hood mounted or not is optional but good if mounted)
- As small as feasible.
- Minimise unecessary stress on lens mount or pressure on front element. (Most bags like Lowepro stealth reporter 200AW or inverse 200AW will have the lens front element resting on the bottom of the bag taking the full weight of the lens and body.)

can try lowepro flipside 300, I am using flipside 200 which allow me to pack in my D700 + 24-70(hood on/off) + 70-300(hood rev mount) + Sb600 + some cleaning gear but super packed and compact so 300 would be better

Last edited:
second the lowepro flipside.... am using the flipside300...
best bag i have used in a long time :)

Try the Think Tank Holster series.

I'm using Think Tank Urban Disguise 35. It fit my D700 with 24-70mm mounted on the body, battery grip and SB-900.
I can carry my Lenovo ThinkPad X61 with it too.

used to use a maxpedition goliath. fits just fine, bit snug.
side slip for a semi automatic sidearm too...
but i have a grip permanently attached so i just use a camera cloth cover in an ordinary bag...

i have a crumpler The Boiler for it.
It fits with the lens attached as well as the Rapid R strap all in it.
(the pain is not good with just the crumpler boiler strap) and the additional r strap helps "balance" it out a little.
You wouldnt want to knock it around , and its snug to pull out
but its the most "un camera bag" and slimmest profile ever
i have to mention i stuff some little cloth thing so the lens rest against it in the bag

Last edited:
I use flipside300, to carry D700, 24-70 F2.8 , 50mm F1.4, SB900, still has a slot for a 70-300 zoom lens.... really a good bag. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for all the inputs. Will check out the flipside soon! :)

Thanks everyone for all the inputs. Will check out the flipside soon! :)

The Flipside series is really good! :thumbsup:

I started out with the Flipside 400AW for my overseas trips, needed a bag which would hold all my lenses, filters and other accessories.

Later on, I got the Flipside 200 because of its compact nature. Suitable for 1 day shoots.

Don't use lowepro if you are willing to protect your camera.
Use a domke J1 or a Billingham 406 for your requirement. I have the J1 and the 306 (smaller then 406)
fyi, J1 is retailing at 400 and Billingham 406 is at about 950.
Best bags and totall worth the money.

How about D700 / 14-24 / 24-70 / 70-200 / 50mm combi?
Any recommendation of suitable bag?

Currently I'm using Flipside 300. Find it difficult to squeeze in all the above in the bag.

Use a domke J1 or a Billingham 406 for your requirement. I have the J1 and the 306 (smaller then 406)

Bro, you must be rich. $950 for a bag?!

I have seen those bags. They are nice indeed with leathers and thick fabrics. I am not sure if they are practical though.

One areas which I do not like about them are the metal buckles which will scratch your equipment if you are not careful. Material wise, I have doubts canvas is a suitable material over nylon in this climate. Between nylon and canvas, nylon is certainly more water resistance, easier to dry and maintain.

How about D700 / 14-24 / 24-70 / 70-200 / 50mm combi?
Any recommendation of suitable bag?

Please check out Lowepro Stealth Reporter 400AW or 500AW bag for the above combination

Which store in Singapore offers a better price for LowePro bags?

Cheers,
Ben

Im using Domke easy to access but protection wise I dont think so, there isnt any pad by the side. Mine has lillte protection but enough for me, only thing is one-side sling is very tiring. Just brought a Domke pad $40 but useless leh still feel very heavy.

I'm considering a backpack that can carry tripod too.

Carry a bigger bag is better than a smaller bag cos still carrying a bag to me, and is useful when travelling.

Last edited:
Which store in Singapore offers a better price for LowePro bags?

Cheers,
Ben

Try MS Color, I think they having some promo for Lowepro. :D

Im using Domke easy to access but protection wise I dont think so, there isnt any pad by the side. Mine has lillte protection but enough for me, only thing is one-side sling is very tiring. Just brought a Domke pad $40 but useless leh still feel very heavy.

I'm considering a backpack that can carry tripod too.

Carry a bigger bag is better than a smaller bag cos still carrying a bag to me, and is useful when travelling.

unless is hiking or some rough activities then thick n heavy protection is needed... but for city shoot n walkabout domke padding is good enough...cam equip can take a knock or two inside the bag ...

Status
Not open for further replies.